What Does the Fox Say

For Two, Please

The sun is shining through the windows and the breeze flowing through the beautiful lilac curtains but no, this is not a good morning. As soon as the sun shined on her face, the excruciating pain seethed through her skull. 

Wendy rises to grab some water when she noticed a figure beside her. Looking down... it has a tail?!  

Wendy got off the bed and slowly moved to the figure's side to see its face but it was plopped down the pillow. All she could see was the fox face on its head. 

Okay what is going on who is this person wearing a fox onesie and why is he or she on MY bed?!

Wendy started to look around for evidence as to who this person invading her personal space could be. She peeked through the fox head and saw long hair hanging around.

So, a female? Well at least it's not some dude hmm.

As she looks down to check the mess around her bed, her aching head snaps her back to what she was supposed to do. More concerned about her hangover than girl foxes who climbs on to her bed at night, Wendy let the fox girl rest for now so that she can get some medicine and water for her hangover.

The whole house is a mess. Wendy can only feel her head throb more with all the afterparty consequences that she's seeing. 

Finally, Wendy gets to drink her medicine and starts to prepare some breakfast. Maybe she'd feed that fox girl too, whoever she is.

Wendy goes into the rooms around to check just how many people she has to to cook for. Seeing as Yeri and Joy are both almost choking each other with how close they're spooning on the sofa, Wendy laughs as she takes their picture.

Wendy moves on to the spare rooms upstairs. She first knocks just in case anyone would respond and then slowly opens the door. She sees Saeron, Seulgi's friend, lying halfway on the bed, her legs flailing lifelessly at the end. It looks like her back's gonna be in pain when she wakes up so Wendy decides to try to push her legs back on the bed. Saeron is a big kid, that's something Wendy realized as the girl's legs slaps her face as she tries to move them back. Being small is hard.

After getting to do her morning exercise with lifting the big-boned figure that is Saeron, Wendy checks the second room expecting to see if it's one or both of the last two bodies she's been looking for other than Seulgi who is most probably in her own room. But the room was empty so she went on to Seulgi's room to check if she got to sleep fine in her own bed.

Peeking through her housemate's door, she sees a figure still plopping down wearing the fox onesie. 

Wait, what? So where's Seulgi?

That's right, drunk Wendy fell asleep with fox girl in Seulgi's bedroom. Realization sinks in and so she checks her own bedroom. She sees Seulgi and another unknown figure with a face full of hair so Wendy opens the door a little bigger and stepped in. The person seems to be familiar from the color of her hair and height but still, there's no way she'd hug Seulgi like this, right? Wendy confirms for herself and reaches for the figure's face and removed the bunch of hair covering her.

"Wow..." Wendy stares longer at the sight. She didn't know Seulgi and her friend were already close enough to be cuddling in their sleep. But then again, she's the one who has a fox (or a stranger rather) on her bed. 

Wendy sighs as she gets ready to cooking. She has lots of mouths to feed now that she's seen everyone and knowing that all of them will be complaining about a banging headache all afternoon.

×××××××××××××××××××××

Two blushing women escaped from Wendy's room after a loud shriek which by the way, waked everyone up. Yeri and Joy were bickering about Yeri's saliva on Joy's arm and still despite almost everyone being present to eat breakfast, the fox girl is nowhere to be seen. She believes breakfast is the most important meal of the day so Wendy decided to wake her up.

As Wendy enters the room, the body is already sitting up on the bed but her back is still the only one that's greeting Wendy. 

"Uhm, hi. I prepared breakfast for everybody, come eat with us." There was no response.

She walks slowly to the figure's side and sees the fox girl sitting upright but still with eyes closed. Wendy was amused to see her sleeping but more because of the fact that this fox girl was Irene. She was cuddling with Irene last night, what the heck? Everything's really been weird. From fox girl to Seulgi and Chaeyoung cuddling and now to this, Irene. Irene's soft snores snapped her out of her thoughts and suddenly she got to see how cute Irene is with her fox onesie on. Looking like a small child with beautiful features and peaceful face. It was only when Irene almost lied back down face first when she suddenly got her senses back and saw Wendy's face near hers. Their faces both exploding into the color of a stop sign.

"Uh-m, b-breakfast is ready. Everyone's waiting f-for us." Irene only nods and Wendy leaves the room as fast as she can.

"Unnie what happened? Why do you look flushed? Are you sick?" Wendy can only sit down and proceed into eating her breakfast.

"Hey at least answer me." Joy says with a pout. Right then, Irene shows up to the dining room with different clothes. Wendy can't even look at her as she said good morning. 

"Hey why are you looking quite red too? Wait Wendy unnie weren't you supposed to wake up that fox gi-- OH." 

Yeri looks at them with wide open. A smirk starts to appear on her lips. 

"Wow Wendy unnie I didn't know that's how fast you get em to your bed." wriggling her eyebrows, Yeri received a smack on her head. "Shut up."

Seulgi only stares back and forth to her best friend and her housemate. 

××××××××××××××××××××××

It's been three days since the morning after the party and so far everything's been good. Wendy felt less lonely with Seulgi being around in the house, Joy and Yeri seeing her off everyday at the PEPROMENO and Chaeyoung always being by her side at school and sometimes even stays late at her house just to chat. It's become like clockwork to talk to them and feel their presence in her life to the point that it's what she looks forward to everyday. 

Today is Friday, a free day in her schedule so all the time of the day is hers to waste. After sleeping in and realizing that Seulgi's out early, she decided to eat out today and by "out" she means PEPROMENO. It's probably the only place she goes to other than school and home. Like every other morning, she sees Joy and Yeri in their usual routine with serving the customers.

"Good morning unnie!"

"Hey Joy, how's the place?"

"You ask as if you're not here almost every day. I swear to God you should find better things to do."

"Oh come on, you LOVE having me here."

"Fine now stop smirking with that airy head of yours I better get back to work."

"Work hard!"

Wendy enjoys her morning coffee again today while looking out the window trying to make up stories about the people passing by, counting cars, asking the world's most complicated questions and then she hears a click. More like a shutter. She turned to where the sound came from and saw her roommate with the black-haired beauty who's holding a camera.

"We finally got your attention."

"Hey... what are y'all up to?"

Irene lifts her camera, stating the obvious that she's taking pictures. "We're photography students." they sit down beside Wendy as their orders are brought by Yeri. "Hey unnies what are we up to today?" The two lifts their cameras and Wendy just smiles.

"Hey why are there only the three of you? Let us join in on the fun too!" whines Joy as she puts her arm around Yeri which made them laugh with how cute the young ones are being.

"Don't worry, we're still waiting for someone so maybe you can join when she does." says Seulgi which made Joy and Yeri smile and proceed to finishing their shift.

While the three unnies are drinking coffee and talking about anything and everything, Chaeyoung comes knowing full well where Wendy would be and only glares at Irene as a greeting. Irene's pretty sure she hates her.

Saeron arrives just in time as the two finishes their shift and they all decided to bring a few cameras and take some photos and play at the park since autumn has come and everyone wants to enjoy the orange nature. Everyone was running around throwing fallen leaves at each other and Wendy stares at the moment in front of her, small curves turning up at the sight. She's happy to be living in this moment with these people and then... another click. Irene took her picture again.

"Okay wow you keep taking my pictures, should I be flattered? Should I charge some fee?" 

"Well, you are pretty." 

Wendy can't believe what she heard from Irene's mouth but the latter seems to be unbothered by it so she doesn't know why her face feels hot despite the incoming winter weather.

"Are you okay? You look so red."

"I-I'm fine d-don't worry."

"Wait are you... having dirty thoughts?!" Irene teases her and laughs so hard she's almost crying. 

"N-No I'm not!" Wendy can only cover her face. Seulgi approaches them and cups Wendy's face to check her temperature, worried that she might actually be sick.

"You should probably rest for a bit WenWen."

"I'm fine Seul. Irene's just making fun of me." and she stucks her tongue out at Irene for being able to tell on to Seulgi about her behavior.

"Wait.. you already have nicknames for each other?" Saeron asks, amused with the progress of their relationship.


Wendy and Seulgi smiled at each other and put their arm around each other like brothers proclaiming their closeness. Irene looks at them fiddling with her camera more so than before, her nerves unsettling.

Irene's been taking her pictures EVERYWHERE other than when she occassionally takes pictures of Seulgi and everything else which has the girl as the receiving end of Chaeyoung's constant glares and disapproving mumbles. It's like she's suddenly surrounded by papparazzi or something but the one with other worldy features is the one taking pictures. She won't lie, Irene is pretty. She's seen enough girls in her life to say so, and with that said, all her friends actually are too. 

"Wow, a bunch of pretty people are surrounding me."

"What's that?" Irene tries to catch her words.

"I said you're pretty."

"W-What the heck." and Irene hides behind her camera again.

"Unnies stop flirting there and play with us!"

"SHUT UP. COME BACK HERE KIM YERIM!" and that's how Yeri died. 

I'm kidding, she got away after hiding behind Saeron and Joy, making them her "pillars" with their tall and strong build which of course defeated the midgets.

×××××××××××××××

Everyone decided to spend the whole day together and after all that running and playing with dead leaves, they entered a diner to keep theirselves from starving and to stop Joy from whining that being pretty requires consistent food intake.

They placed their orders before Wendy went to the bathroom and unknown to her, a certain figure is following her footsteps.

Wendy washes her hands as she finished doing her business when suddenly Irene came from another cubicle and started to check the whole bathroom for any sign of another person and pulled Wendy to a corner. She blocked Wendy from both sides and looked straight into her eyes. She can feel Irene's eyes on her and heat started to cover her face and neck. 

"Wendy."

"I-Irene?"

"I need your help." she finally looks up at Irene's determined brown orbs. They were deep, desperate, pleading and Wendy only drowned in them the more she looked so she turned away. 

"What can I do for you?"

"I like Seulgi and I need you to help me make her jealous."

 

++++++++++++++++++++

AN: I am so so so so sorry for not being able to update for MONTHS. I've been very busy with schoolwork and college life. I'm not sure when Chapter 5 will be put out but I'm trying to finish this as fast as I can so that everyone can enjoy it at its wholeness. So here's a long update for all my loyal subscribers. I LOVE YOU ALL. Thank you for reading, I hope y'all enjoyed Chapter 4. 😊😊