Coffee

For Two, Please

"Welcome to your new home uhm, I want to formally introduce myself. I'm Son Seungwan but you can call me Wendy, it's my english name but I'm much more used with it. I'd like to give you a tour right now but uhhh I got rained on so uhm can you wait for me?"

"Yeah sure it's fine this is your house too after all."

What happened there was kinda weird. Such a coincidence right? That I met my housemate at the coffee shop earlier unexpectedly hmm

Wendy showered and clothed herself all the while being excited and nervous at the thought of a new housemate. Clouded by ideas as to what she plans to do for the rest of the day to avoid awkwardness, she didn't realize that she got out of the bathroom with only a towel on her head and her underwear. When she turned to the living room she saw the girl was just sitting there eyes wide open and face turning rose. She then realized the situation and ran to her room with her face flushed. 

Wow Wendy, you're the best at first impressions huh.

Wendy facepalmed herself and put on some clothes. This is going to be very awkward. She slowly went out of the room and greeted the girl with her head hung low, afraid to look at the other person's eyes due to embarrassment.

"Hi. uhm welcome to your new home, that's my room and that's yours miss..?"

"Oh uhm, Seulgi. my name's Seulgi."

"Ah yes miss Seulgi and uhm there are two rooms upstairs, they are guest rooms for when the owner comes by for a while or when my friends stay over. And now yours can too." 

Wendy looked up when she heard Seulgi giggling. 

"I'm sorry it's just that you look so cute being that shy and still trying to entertain me like a guest. I know what happened a while ago and that at the coffee shop was really uhm embarrassing but please look at me? I don't want to spend the whole day avoiding each other's faces."

Wendy looked straight at Seulgi and saw her smiling. Wow what a beaming smile this girl has and she looks like a bear too. Wendy can't help but return the gesture. She rubbed the back of her neck, too shy about what she's been doing.

"I'm sorry about that. you're right, let bygones be bygones. I want you to feel comfortable here too since this will be your home for the next few years now."

"Okay then let's start over. Hi, my name is Kang Seulgi. you can call me Seulgi, I am your new housemate. nice to meet you." Seulgi layed out her hand, waiting for a handshake.

"Hello Seulgi I'm Son Seungwan, you can call me Wendy and I am your new? housemate haha. If you need anything you can always call me. It's nice to meet you too." They shaked hands and laughed at each other's silliness.

"Now that's better isn't it?" 

Wendy smiled to Seulgi as a reply, partly a thank you for clearing up the awkward atmosphere that she made. 

Wendy toured Seulgi around the house, finally the four walls were filled with laughter, chatter and whispers. Wendy smiled all day, she's never felt this alive in a while. Having a new housemate was a right decision. 

×××××××××××××××××××××××

After a whole afternoon of chatting and eating the food Seulgi made, the doorbell rang. 

"Wait I'll go get that you can stay seated."

"Okay but if the person kills you I'm getting out of here."

"Scaredy-cat!" and Wendy with weird noises

"I'm just being safe." and they laughed at each other again.

Once Wendy opened the door, a wild Joy appeared. That's right a wild Joy, a screaming and hugging Joy.

"Wendy!! I remembered it late but you're new housemate is supposed to move in today right?! Is she cute? Is she single? Do you have a chance?!"

"Joy.. she's literally a few feet away."

"Oh she is?! I want to meet her!"

"Okay okay calm down will you?" Wendy opened the door for Joy and introduced her to Seulgi.

"Uhm Seulgi this is Joy, my best friend. I'm so sorry about the fuss she's just really excited about me having a new housemate. She's a barista at the coffee shop where we first met, PEPROMENO."

"Oh right you were the one who helped me clean up the mess I made, thank you about that and I'm really sorry. It's nice to finally meet you officially."

"Well what a coincidence that you turned out to be Wendy's new housemate, I hope you enjoy your stay here. She's quite a handful sometimes but she's really considerate. please take care of her."

"No, the honor's mine. And we seem to fit each other well so I have a good feeling about living here already." Seulgi smiles at Joy and they shaked hands. For a moment there Joy lingered.

"Ah right I almost forgot, Wannie have you told Seulgi about the event?"

"Oh that, right I almost forgot. Seulgi we are hosting a welcome party for you two days from now. I will introduce you to everyone in the neighborhood and some of my friends, you can invite your friends to come too."

"Wow I feel special."

"Well you are, considering it's been long months since Wendy's had a housemate." Joy emphasizes.

"Anyways since Joy reminded me, we should get going and prepare the party. You can rest now and sort your things out." Wendy and Joy left the house and headed to PEPROMENO to plan the party with Chaeyoung and Yeri.

××××××××××××××××××××××

The speakers are booming and people are swarming everywhere inside the house. It's not as wild as Seulgi thought it would look like and she's thankful for that cause it would be hard to clean up the mess later. She went inside the house with her friends and scanned the room for Wendy or Joy. At least a face she knows in this pool of homosapiens. When she spotted the tall Joy, she grabbed her friends and introduced them.

"Hey Joy! Where's Wendy?"

"Woah hey Seulgi you're here! EVERYONE OUR MAIN HOST IS HERE!" the crowd goes wild with whistles and shoutouts.

"Hello everyone I'm Seulgi and thank you for throwing this welcome party for me." the crowd claps and the speakers are blasting again.

"Joy, these are my friends. This is Irene and this is Saeron."

Seulgi pointed to the raven haired girl named Irene and to the taller brunette she called Saeron.

"Nice to meet you both, I'm Joy and I'm Wendy's best friend." she showed her gummy smile and gave each of them some drinks.

"Where's Wendy?" asked Seulgi after grabbing Irene's cup and putting it away, afraid that the older one will drink herself away if let be.

"Oh she's upstairs trying to fix some snacks cause it's really hard to do any hosting here in the crowd."

Seulgi and her friends went upstairs and found Wendy grabbing a few bowls and putting fruits and snacks in them.

"Hey Wendy, I would like you to meet my friends."

"Hi I'm Wendy, Seulgi's new housemate." as she shakes their hand she recognized one of them and her eyes enlarged as she remembered.

"Wait.. you! You're the one at the bus!" screamed Wendy as Irene stared at her and smirked.

"Hello, I see you buttoned your shirt right this time."

Wendy can only blush and look down at her clothes.

"So you're Seulgi's best friend huh, what a coincidence."

"Well other than being weird that day you seem like a nice person so I feel relaxed leaving Seulgi here with you. Please take care of her well." 

"It's my pleasure."

The rest of the night was spent drinking, singing, eating, introducing friends and neighbors and dancing. It was a fun night for everyone. The morning after however is a big mystery to Wendy.

 

+++++++++++++++++++

That's it for chapter three. What happened with Wendy the following day? You'd have to wait for chapter four haha. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! 😊