Coffee and Tea

For Two, Please

The sun kisses Irene's skin as she wakes up to the familiar mix of lemon and vanilla. A smile creeps up on her lips as she remembers being comforted by the small body lying next to her. She sighs as she recalls wanting to be separated for a few weeks because of her stupid plan. She won't deny it, she missed the comfort as soon as she lied down alone on that bed. She stares at Wendy's face until she fell back asleep, trying hard to memorize how peaceful her features look like when she's asleep. Her fluffy cheeks, pointy nose, plump lips and pretty ears with her hazel locks covering her nape softly.

Seulgi was calling them for breakfast when the two woke up. They greeted each other with flushed faces as their eyes met with their noses almost touching when they woke up. 

"Good morning!" another bright Seulgi welcomed them to the dining table and Wendy is still worried that their plan is not working. Not one bit. Wendy eats her toast with gusto and Irene catches herself staring and smiling. She tries to compose herself and check Seulgi. Seulgi just smirks at her and nods with a smile like she knows something Irene doesn't.

After eating breakfast, Seulgi drags Irene to PEPROMENO. Leaving Wendy alone in the house with the excuse that they need to do their project. Wendy wanted to join them but Seulgi insisted that they go alone.

"Seulgi you're being weird. What's going on?"

"We need to talk unnie."

 

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××

--the morning before--

 

Joy has everyone's attention as they cling on to her words.

"Wendy unnie is in a big mess, same with Irene and Seulgi unnie."

"Why Joy unnie? What happened?" Saeron asks in a very worried tone, expressing what everyone feels right now.

"As Yeri and I both know, Wendy unnie is helping Irene unnie with trying to make Seulgi unnie jealous. And now we're worried for the three of them." Chaeyoung and Saeron were surprised. Saeron mostly as she keeps opening and closing like a fish as she's trying to form words.

"Wendy... agreed?" Chaeyoung asks in a whisper asking the question more to herself than the other three beside her.

"We asked her when we noticed that she and Irene unnie were being too clingy as if they weren't strangers just a few weeks ago."

Finally Saeron speaks up, "Are you sure?" her eyes confused and lost.

"Wendy unnie told us herself and she's a bad liar." Yeri confirms.

"But how can that be?" Saeron still finds everything hard to believe.

"What do you mean Saeron?" everyone is now looking at her, worried and curious.

 

×××××××××××××××××××××

--day they made the deal--

 

Saeron was silently staring between a bickering Joy and Yeri. They were betting on each other at knowing if the ketchup was banana or tomato. Seulgi didn’t know if she should just ask the waiter for their sake. Luckily, Chaeyoung was there to grab the ketchup and check its identity. But as if luck is actually not on her side, Chaeyoung didn’t know how to properly open the container and ended up squirting it towards Seulgi’s direction. Everyone shuts up and stares with wide eyes at Seulgi, worried about her reaction.

Seulgi closed her eyes in shock, her lips in an 'o' shape. As she opens her eyes, she glares at all of them and started to open her arms, aiming to hug them to share the ketchup party that exploded on her clothes. Everyone ran away in fear of the "ketchup monster" as Yeri called her. They were all running around diner until Saeron slightly slapped Seulgi as if to remove her from being in a trance.

"Stop playing around unnie, you should clean up before it gets harder to remove the stains." Seulgi just nods and says a shaken okay before going to the bathroom. 

Wait, Irene unnie and WenWen are here, maybe the ketchup monster should victimize them instead.

Seulgi gets ready to sneak up on her prey. She peeks into the bathroom and sees Irene cornering Wendy. 

What the heck? What is this?

As Seulgi opens the door a bit more to hear what's going on, she forgot all about the ketchup stains on her clothes and returned to her seat followed by two shadows a few minutes later.

 

×××××××××××××××××××××

 

PEPROMENO is that cozy homey place that the whole neighborhood seem to enjoy with how much of a blockbuster it is to the people who live there. It is the epitome of a calming ambiance. The place has the charm that reminds her of Seulgi. Comfortable, familiar and calm. Maybe it reminds her of another person but she doesn't want to think about that right now, right now there is a quiet Seulgi trying to collect her thoughts and seemingly trying to form the right string of sentences needed to be said.

Irene looks outside the window as she warms her hands with the cup of hot cocoa as Seulgi fiddles with her own whilst staring on her lap probably finding the courage to start talking. Irene doesn't want to start speaking, she has a bad feeling about what's to happen so she only stares outside trying to avoid Seulgi's stolen glances. Finally, Seulgi clears and speaks.

"Unnie I have to confess something to you."

"Hmm." Irene tries to keep composed as her heart beats faster in fear of the words that would leave her best friend's lips.

"I know you're hiding something from me. You and WenWen." Irene finally looks back at Seulgi.

"W-What?" PEPROMENO has never felt so uncomfortable until now.

"Oh, come on. I'm your best friend, I know you more then anyone. I can't believe you even tried to keep this from me. I waited for you to say it yourself but it seems like you never will, so I took the initiative." Irene just looks at Seulgi in horror. As Seulgi stares back at her, she tries to compose herself and asks.

"What are you talking about?" she starts to overthink and even she can hear the panic in her voice.

"Oh come on unnie. You don't think I didn't notice right? And to be honest, I heard you and WenWen in the bathroom at the diner."

"You did?!" Irene's eyes widen and right now she looks like an owl and Seulgi only stiffles a laugh at how cute she looks.

"Yeah.." Seulgi drinks from her cup, warmth washing .

"Seulgi I, I don't know what to say." Irene can only play with her cup, scratching her thumbs to the ceramic kitchenware.

"It's okay unnie, you can tell me." Seulgi reassures her with a smile.

"I-I didn't mean to use Wendy like that to make you jealous. It-it just kinda happened." Irene says with her head low, ashamed of what she's done.

"It's okay unnie I- wait what?!" Seulgi looks wide-eyed and crazed at a blushing Irene still with her head down.

"B-But isn't this about you and WenWen dating?!" Seulgi furrows her eyebrows, obviously flaberghasted at the misunderstanding.


Everything's a mess but it's just another day at PEPROMENO.

 

++++++++++++++++++++
AN: I'm sorry for the late and short update christmas break just begun for me so I shall start updating more. Thank you for reading! Hope y'all enjoyed it. ^^