PEPROMENO

For Two, Please

Another cloudy morning welcomed Wendy as she buys her daily cup of coffee from across the street.

"Good morning, Wendy!"

"Hey Joy how's the job been?"

"Doing great so far, do you want the usual?"

"Ah, yes please. And your company too if I could?"

"Well well, what's going on? Is my best friend having a mid-life crisis again?"

Wendy shoots her a glare and Joy just laughs it off. "I'm only 22 you know."

"Okay okay, wait for me while I prepare your order and let Yeri take over."

Wendy nods and heads to the far corner of the cafe. She sits by the window and observes the place. It's such a wonder how a mere cafe can make her feel so calm and collected. Probably the smell of the brewed coffee. Joy and her had always loved the idea of running their own but when her parents preferred that she study being a doctor, lawyer or engineer instead, she had to let Joy continue to pursue their dream alone.

Joy is a business student and works part time as a barista at PEPROMENO which is owned by her relatives. They've been best friends since fifth grade and Joy always babies her despite being the younger one. So when Wendy saw her sitting across the table with worried eyes, for a moment Wendy felt happy and relieved. At least she has Joy.

"So what's going on with you Wannie?"

"This morning feels like one of those days again."

"Those... days..?"

"When I woke up I felt...empty." Joy can only look at her worriedly. Wendy can't even look at her, feeling hopeless and Joy can't help but sigh.

"Like the shell I once was when Gayoung broke up with me."

"I mean I did tell you to try and start dating again but all you ever see is me! You're beautiful I don't know why you're torturing yourself like this."

"Yeah maybe you're right."

"FINALLY SON SEUNGWAN IS BACK IN THE GAME!"

"Oh shut up." and they laughed at each other, a silent thank you.

Am I really ready to try again?

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

"Well Joy I better go, gotta go to class."

"Okay smartass take care."

"Bye."

As Wendy hurries to reach the door, a girl bumps into her and spills her coffee onto Wendy's shirt. Before the girl could further fall, Wendy catches the brown headed girl.

"Woah there, you okay?"

"Oh my god I am so sorry about your shirt!"

"No it's okay, it's my fault anyways. I wasn't looking."

"Ahem!" not noticing that they're still in an awkward position with Wendy's arms around the girl, Joy's sudden "cough" made her realize that everyone's looking at them.Joy looked at her amused  and tapped her watch indicating she's gonna be late for school if she doesn't move.

"Oh right uh, miss I am so sorry about this but I have to go I still have a class to go to. here, you can buy a new cup of coffiee, I'm really sorry. see you around."

"Uhm--" the girl didn't even have the chance to utter a word and Wendy dashed away to hurry and change her clothes before she ends up being late.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Running, she got to the bus stop just in time. Who knew she's gonna have to look like a sweaty mess this early morning? After taking a seat at the back, Wendy catches her breath. After a few deep breaths, she noticed a girl staring at her from a few seats away. 

What is it now? Am I sweating that much?

Wendy tried to avoid her stare instead but this raven girl won't stop.

Okay I can't do this, I'm gonna ask her later right before I get off the bus.

Wendy tried to cover her face subtly as much as she can during the next three stops and finally she gets to alight.

"Uhm hey, sorry but were you staring at me? is there something wrong? I hope you avoid doing it cause it makes the other party uncomfortable."

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Well that's it for the first chapter! What's the bus girl been about and who is the coffee girl? I plan to update soon so thank you for reading the first chapter! Hope you liked it! ^^