Sixth

BABY AND ME

Eunji’s POV

 

It all began early last 2 years. I was dating with this girl. The most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen..Son Naeun. We met through an online website and she’s a Korean that lives in the US. Then, my luck changes when she told me that she would move back to Korea. I was in cloud nine. We met and dated each other of almost a year. We were quite a lovely couple. But, because of her influence from the US. We lost control of our self and…we did it..for a few times..but, something went wrong with our relationship and we were apart for a while. Then last year. She gave birth to my child. She sends me a letter saying that she had to go back to the US and she’ll left baby Hayoung with me in Korea. She promised to come again and to fix back our relationship as she’s still in love with me and so do I.

I took care of Hayoung. I did my best but I was poor and my family couldn’t afford to take care of Hayoung anymore. I stopped going to school just because I had to find a job..to get some money to support my family.

But, it was too hard for me. That is all happens when suddenly I had this crazy idea of leaving Hayoung with Bomi. I know Bomi’s family are rich I thought that Hayoung would had a great life there. That is when I started to stalk Bomi while waiting for the right time and I left Hayoung inside her shopping cart. At the party, I pretended to not knowing anything. I kept on pretending up until today. I felt guilty for causing Bomi so much trouble on taking care of the baby.

 

Bomi’s POV

 

After hearing what Eunji’s told me I lost my mind. I punched her face a few time and I even kicked her. “WTF? You know how much trouble I’ve been through? Looking for jobs! Making her to eat, spending my money for baby’s stuff and going to places just because of some FREAKING milks!?” I lost my breath almost killing Eunji. After awhile I calmed down. We sat near a river staring into the space. Eunji apologize and says that she would take Hayoung back. We went back to the hospital and explain everything to my parents.

 

A few days later. I was sitting on the cafeteria eating my sandwich when Chorong and Namjoo came to me. “You already heard the news right?” Chorong asked me. “What news?” I asked her back feeling confused. “Didn’t Eunji told you? She’s sending Hayoung for an adoption to a couple from the US” Namjoo said to me. I was shocked but all that I could answer was

“Oh..really? Good for her”

“Good for her? What are you saying? Aren’t you gonna do something?” Chorong yelled at me Namjoo just nodded her head to Chorong’s words.

I kept quiet not knowing what to do. I felt relieve that I could finally be free again, no more crying or changing a baby’s diapers. But, at the same time I felt empty.

 

Later that night. I went to Eunji’s house I was about to knock on the door when I saw through the window. “You will have a good life there Hayoung-ah. I just wanted you to know that I really love you” and Eunji kiss Hayoung’s forehead while letting out a tear. I felt so bad that I canceled my intention and went home instead.

 

The next morning. It was Saturday. I was laying on my bed thinking about Hayoung. Why? I don’t know. Then I receive a text from Chorong

 

From : Alien Park

- Hayoung’s flight is at 13:20 You better come here if you don’t want to regret anything. We’ll be waiting at the airport until the plane takes off.

 

I sigh and close my eyes. I lay down for a while then I checked the time it’s already 13:00

 

 

The journey to the airport takes at least 40 minutes! I messed up my hair thinking that I’ve already lost my mind. I took my big bike and I speed through the highway. There were a lot of cars that I had to overtake some of them. Suddenly there were a traffic jam cause by an accident. I took a detour and ride my bike on the pedestrian path. I increase my motor’s speed liked crazy.

I’ve never ride my bike this fast before and I’m actually quite scared.

 

3rd person POV

The US couple took Hayoung from Eunji’s arms and started to thank them and says their good bye before entering the gate. Eunji, Chorong and Namjoo wave good bye to Hayoung with heavy hearts while watching Hayoung slowly gone from their sight. Suddenly they heard Bomi’s voice calling out for Hayoung. Bomi were running and stopped her tracks. “W-where’s Hayoung?” she asked while catching her breath. “You were too late! She already went inside” Chorong yelled at her. Bomi without thinking went through the departure gate pushing away the people the. “YAH! Where are you going?” her friends yelled at her.

Bomi ran with all her might while screaming “HAYOUNG!” she pushes the guards away and the guards started to chase her. Bomi were almost there. She sees Hayoung in the arms of the US couple. She was about to run through the last gate. The guards manage to stopped and holds her down. Bomi cries, reaching out her hand towards Hayoung while saying “Hayoung! Give me back my Baby! She’s mine..! Hayoung-ah!”

Baby Hayoung saw Bomi and she started to cry. She also reach out her arms towards Bomi as if she knows Bomi is her parent. The US couple looked at Bomi with confused face. Everyone in the departure department witness the unusual scene.

 

That Night. At a park.

Bomi manage to take Hayoung back home after the ‘scene’ and a little talk with the couple. Both Eunji and Bomi decided to take of Hayoung together. With some help from Chorong and Namjoo.

 

“What you did there were awesome..” Chorong said to Bomi while Bomi gives her shy smile.

“I owe you a lot Bomi-ah. Thank you so much. If it is not for you I think I would regret it so much.” Eunji said while scratching her non itchy head.

“One day when you become rich. You could buy me a new bike of you gratitude” Bomi said joking with her. They all laugh.

“We should celebrate with a beer party!” Namjoo said while cheering.

“No! Drinking is bad. It would ruin you health and it could effect Hayoung’s future siblings health too” Chorong started to nag and looked at Bomi. The rest just smile thinking about Chorong’s words.

“Arraso..” Namjoo simply answered with a smile. “I think you and Eunji should go and buys us some sodas instead” Chorong looked at Namjoo. “HUH? Why would we?” Eunji asked back. Chorong gave the a death glare. “Uh-oh..arraso we’ll get some soda!” Namjoo felt scared and drag Eunji along.

“Hurry back guys!” Bomi said to them while continue to feed Hayoung who’s been in her arms all this while.

“Those guys are really funny.” Chorong said “Haha..I know” Bomi looked at Chorong. They made eye contact which makes both of their beating hard. Chorong break the eye contact “Oh yeah, I’ve got something for you” Chorong started to look for something inside her pocket. “What is it?” Bomi lean closer to Chorong to look at it but then..*Chu* Bomi ended getting a kiss from Chorong. After the kiss, they both blush like mad and laugh at their silly act.

“I like you Bomi” Chorong confessed “I like you too..Chorong-ah” Bomi confessed too. Hayoung started to laugh out of happiness and it was a great night.

 

Without they knowing..Eunji and Namjoo were standing a nearby witnessing the act.

“So…that is why she wanted us to buy these Sodas” Namjoo said while lifting the plastic bag.

 

 

THE END..