Second

BABY AND ME

3rd person POV

 

After the unusual morning at the school’s gate. Bomi enters the school and went to her class carefully not to be caught by the teacher on duty. But, she had a bad luck and was called to the teachers’ office. Just like the usual…

 

Bomi had a bad mood after being scolded and threaten by the teacher telling her that. She would get expelled from school if she’s late again for school. Bomi let out a heavy sigh while looking outside. Not caring about whatever the teacher is saying in front.

 

Bomi turn to look in front when the teacher said this particular name..

 

 

Bomi’s POV

 

Uggh…once again the teachers kept nagging me for being late, for being a trouble maker and bla..bla..bla.. WHY CAN’T THEY JUST SHUT UP?? I felt frustrated. I walked into the class and everyone were looking at me as if I just killed a person except for my buddy Namjoo. She greeted me with her biggest smile and cheer me up a bit. I appreciate her effort but still, my mood were ruined.

 

I took a sit and looked outside to calm myself down. I heard the teacher came in but, I don’t care about anything she’s saying.

But then, something she said were familiar. And it caught me attention. She said “Park Chorong”

 

Why did that sound so familiar? Where did I heard that? I thought to myself and I turn to looked at the front and I was shocked to see that girl. AGAIN.

 

I was still confused and suddenly I felt annoyed once again while looking at her walking towards me and took a seat beside me.

 

“What the hell do you think you are doing?” I asked her

 

And she turns around to look at me and gave me that stupid smile again and said,

 

“Hello! We meet again. I guess this is destiny.”

 

What the hell is wrong with this girl? I thought. Is she not afraid of me?

 

She then turns to take out her stuff from her bag. There were no book or anything related to school and studies. All that she took out was toys.

This girl is odd! “Yah! This is school, not a place to play with those stupid things” I said to her

 

She looked at me and said “You have something on your eye” I let out a small pathetic laugh and pretend to scratch my nose and I quickly wipe my eye.

 

“I know that..” I said

 

“Not there, your other eye” she told me again. And started to play with her toys.

 

Huh? This girl is unbelievable.

 

 

 

After finishing school me and Namjoo hang out with each other and went to see Eunji at work.

 

“Yah, why can’t you just come back and study” I asked Eunji while taking a sip from my beer.

 

Ever since last year, Eunji stopped going to school and started to work as a part timer. I know she’s from a poor family and she needed some money to support her family and also at the same time because her mother is very ill.

I came from a rich family and I sometimes try to help her financially but she refuses the help cause she do not want others to be in trouble just because to help her.

 

“If I had the time to go back to school. It would be great for me to take another job to replace that school time.” Eunji simply answered and smiled bitterly.

 

“But, Eunji..we missed you. Working is harder that studying you know?” Namjoo said while pouting.

 

“I know that really well Namjoo-ah” Eunji said and pats Namjoo’s head.

 

 

Bomi’s POV

 

After hanging out with them I came back home. It was late that my usual time coming back from school and so, I walked slowly not to be caught by my father. It felt odd that the house was unusually quiet. I started to search for my mother and even calling her name but, no one answered. I went back to the living room and saw a letter and an envelope on the coffee table.

 

DEAR, BOMI

 

YOUR MOTHER AND I WENT AWAY FOR A WHILE TO TEACH YOU A LESSON.

THE SCHOOL CALLED AGAIN THIS MORNING AND I AM SICK AND TIRED FROM ALWAYS GOING TO YOUR SCHOOL AND TO APOLOGISE TO YOUR TEACHERS AND PRINCIPAL ALL THE TIME.

 

WE LEFT YOU SOME MONEY. $4000 IS A LOT AND USE IT WELL. AND OF COURSE, YOUR CREDIT CARD IS SUSPENDED.

 

THINK ABOUT ALL THE TROUBLES YOU HAVE CAUSE.

 

FROM : DAD

 

I felt frustrated and crumble the letter. I looked inside the envelope and I smiled.