Seven.

UNEXPECTED

            “Yes, I’m serious,” I sigh. “And I’m sorry.”

            “I don’t know what to say…” he speaks honestly. I expected this. I never imagined he’d jump for joy at the thought of becoming a father right now so I’ve been kind of prepared for this reaction.

            “Jihoon!” Eryn calls, kind of interrupting while not really. “They just called you for your shoot,” she points towards the door of the dressing room that leads to the set for their photos.

            I quickly hand Jihoon his clothes for the photoshoot without another word, clearly even more awkward than before.

            “Did you tell him?” Eryn whispers as he walks away quietly.

            “Yes,” I tell her.

            “What did he say?” she asks, clearly anticipating this conversation.

            “Nothing.”

-

            It’s been several days and Jihoon and I haven’t spoken to each other at all. It’s odd because we would talk all the time considering we’d become good friends but after I told him I was pregnant, he hasn’t said much of anything lately.

            “What’s up with Jihoon?” I overhear Daniel ask Eryn.

            “I have no idea,” she shrugs. Liar. She knows exactly what’s wrong with Jihoon but can’t say anything since Wanna One’s company still hasn’t released an official statement regarding the rumours that Jihoon and I could possibly be dating…

            “I’ll be right back Eryn,” I tell her as I stand from my chair. This will be my, probably, eighth trip to the washroom today.

            I wish I could speak to Jihoon again because I honestly miss talking to him but I know he’s not really in the mood to speak to me right now considering I just told him some pretty big news a few days ago.

            I walk out of the washroom minutes later and make my way back to the practice room for the eighth time but this time I’m stopped outside the studio. “Madi,” I hear my name spoken quietly.

            “Jihoon?” I turn around. I can’t hide the shock on my face that he’s here right now. I did not expect him to be here.

            “I would really like to talk to you later, alone, so could you meet me here once practice is over so we can talk?”

            “Sure, I would also like to talk…” my voice is quiet. I still struggle to look him in the eye but I try my best.

            “I’ll meet you in about an hour, that way I can tell the group I’m staying later to practice more and then we can talk,” he tells me and I nod.

            “I’ll figure out something to tell Eryn but I’ll see you in about an hour,” I tell him and enter the practice room once again. I notice that Jihoon enters a few moments later, possibly to seem less like the rumours are true since the company has yet to respond to them and I assume the group has seen or heard of the rumours but hasn’t said anything.

-

            “Hi,” I quietly greet Jihoon as we meet alone for the first time since I told him that he was going to be a father.

            “Hi,” he stands awkwardly. “So…” his voice trails off. “You’re really pregnant?” Straight to the point I see…

            “Yes.” I answer him bluntly, somehow able to not burst into tears and apologize for this unideal situation we’re in.

            “Would it be awful if I asked you to prove it?” he lightly chuckles, still extremely awkward. I get why he’d want some sort of proof though.

            “I have those ‘progress’ photos on my phone that every girl takes when she’s pregnant,” I shrug with a laugh. “I also have one ultrasound picture from before I moved out here for this job.”

            “Show me?” he asks. He sounds awkward but he’s still fairly straight to the point wanting answers and proof, which I completely understand. I take my phone out of my pocket and open my camera roll. I show him the photo from every month so far, a total of four photos. I also show him the one ultrasound photo I took a picture of. “Wait, so you waited to tell me about my child for four months?” he asks.

            “I didn’t know how to tell you before so when the rumour came out and the comments about it happened, I figured now was better than anything I could ever think of…” I sigh. “I’m sorry I kept it from you for months…” I apologize again. “But for the first couple, I had no way of telling you…”

            “I’m sorry for ignoring you for a few days, I had to do some thinking,” he speaks honestly.

            “It’s okay, I understand. Not every day does someone you slept with once tell you they’re pregnant and basically wait until they’re four months pregnant at that. I couldn’t tell you right away because I wasn’t sure you’d remember me and then I just got too scared once we’d actually become friends,” I look down at my feet.

            “How could I ever forget you?” I look up at him again, his words catching me by surprise. “Madi, would it be okay with you if I were apart of the baby’s life?”

            “Of course! I would love if you were part of the baby’s life,” I smile and I can’t stop the tears from falling down my cheeks. I didn’t know how he’d react before telling him so knowing he wants to be involved is amazing.

            “Please don’t cry,” Jihoon steps towards me and gently wipes my tears with his thumb.

            “I can’t help it, being pregnant makes you extremely emotional sometimes,” I laugh.

            “May I?” he asks and I look back at him, confused. His eyes glance down at my stomach hidden by yet another oversized sweater.

            “Oh, sure,” I chuckle.

            Jihoon kneels in front of me as he places both of his hands on my stomach. “Hi baby,” he speaks quietly. My heart just melted.  “Your mommy and I are a very weird pair and you’re a bit of a big surprise… but I’m looking forward to and can’t wait to meet you.” I see a soft smile spread across his lips as he speaks to his baby for the first time.

            “You’re not wrong,” I tell Jihoon. “We are a weird pair and this baby is one hundred percent a surprise.” I see a tear escape Jihoon’s eye. “Are you crying?” I ask him.

            He nods. “I’m scared what might happen but I’m still excited,” he sounds honest.