Four.

UNEXPECTED

            Everything will be fine. This is what I keep telling myself. Eryn and I walk into the company building we were told to come to and with every step, my heart rate increases.

            Eryn introduces us to a receptionist and we’re told to follow behind her. She says something to us as we walk but I’m too distracted by my own thoughts and the multiple scenarios going through my head to actually comprehend what’s going on around me.

            “Hi, I’m Eryn and this is Madisen. We’re your new stylists,” I hear Eryn’s voice again and I now realize that we’re being introduced to Wanna One officially.

            The group does their greeting altogether and introduce themselves individually. Jihoon is the last one to introduce himself and as soon as I lay my eyes on him, it seems like my heart stops.

            His hair colour has changed since the last time I saw him. He turns to look at me and I see his eyes widen slightly.

            "Excuse me for a second please," I break a slight silence that falls over the thirteen of us. I walk out of the studio. I stop around a corner and press my back against the wall, sliding down to sit on the floor. I hear footsteps and I hide my face in my hands.
            "Are you okay?" I hear a voice. I look up and see Jihoon standing in front of me, looking down at me.
            "Yeah, I'm fine... Just trying to find a washroom and I got lost so I’m just feeling a little overwhelmed," I lie. Well, feeling overwhelmed isn’t a lie but trying to find a washroom is the lie.
            "Here," he smiles as he offers his hand to help me up off the floor. "It's this way," he starts walking and I follow. We walk in silence until Jihoon stops.
            "Thanks," I smile and walk into the washroom. I just stand here for a few minutes just trying to breathe regularly again. I'm so nervous about this situation and Jihoon doesn't even know...
            I walk out of the washroom and to my surprise Jihoon is waiting, leaning against the wall opposite the door. "You waited for me?" I ask, slightly confused.
            "I didn't want you to get lost again," he chuckles quietly. "So, how have you been?"
            "I've been pretty good... and you?"
            "Same. I didn't know you got a job at this company," he speaks.
            "Yeah, Eryn and I applied a couple months ago," I say quietly. I have to say something. "Okay, I have to ask something before it eats me alive. Do you think I'm crazy?"
            "Why would I think you're crazy?" Jihoon stops walking, turning to face me, a confused look on his face.
            "When you left New York, you saw Eryn and I within a group of your fans... I don't want you to think I'm crazy or creepy, or think I’m stalking you," I chuckle awkwardly.
            "Oh, don't even worry about that," he waves his hand passively.
            "Are you sure?" I ask.
            "Yeah, it’s okay. And I don't think you're crazy so you can stop worrying about that," he laughs as he starts walking towards the studio again.
            "Okay," I speak awkwardly. "I like what you did with your hair by the way," I compliment his new hair colour.
            "Thank you," he smiles. "You've cut your hair also," his eyes drop slightly as he looks at me.
            "How did you notice that? We saw each other for one night, like, three months ago." I'm actually stunned that he noticed something like that…

            “Well I remember playing with your hair for most of the time we spent together so of course I’d notice that you cut it,” he shrugs with an awkward smile playing at his lips. He’s speaking so nonchalantly…

            “There you are!” someone calls as Jihoon opens the door to the studio. I freeze.

            “Where did you two go? What were you doing?” I look at Daniel as he raises his eyebrow sarcastically.

            “I went to get fresh air and ran into Madi outside and she got lost trying to find the washroom since she doesn’t know the building yet.”

            “Madi?” Daniel asks.

            “It’s a nickname for Madisen, is it not?” Jihoon asks.

            “It is,” Eryn answers, raising her eyebrows as she looks at me.

            “Do you mind if I call you Madi?” Jihoon turns to ask me.

            “Sure,” I smile. I hope no one notices how pink my cheeks have turned from all the blushing.

            I walk around Jihoon and over to Eryn and notice her glaring at me. “What?” I ask her.

            “You left me alone with the rest of the group,” she whisper-yells. “I thought I was going to die! I couldn’t take my eyes off of Daniel…”

            “Sorry?” I shrug. “I had to step out for a second.”

            “I get that but damn, I was about to pass out.”

            “Did you know that Jihoon followed me?” I change the subject.

            “I saw him leave but he followed you?” she asks as we remain in the corner and the group of boys returns to their dance practice.

            “Seems like it,” I shrug. “Not long after I left, he asked if I was okay because I ended up stopping around the corner and just sitting on the ground. I got overwhelmed and decided I’d just sit on the floor apparently,” I laugh as I think about my decision-making.

            “Okay but does Jihoon remember you?” I feel my face heat up at her question. Now I’m even more embarrassed.

            “Yes…” my voice even smaller than before when we were just whispering.

            “You were awkward,” Eryn chuckles, knowing that I was awkward without question.

            “Yeah… But he wasn’t! He was so nonchalant recalling certain memories,” I look away.

            “I feel so lost right now… The only thing I know about what happened is that you and Jihoon slept together,” she sighs. I’m so glad no one can hear our conversation right now because that would be super embarrassing for both Jihoon and myself considering no one knows. The only other person to know that Jihoon and I have met before is Eryn and that’s because I told her and she’s the only other person to know about the baby.

-

            “See you tomorrow,” Eryn speaks for the both of us as the thirteen of us leave the company building.

            “Bye,” a few members speak and the group starts to walk away. I start to follow Eryn back to our apartment.

            “Madi!” I hear my name being called. I turn quickly because I know it’s Jihoon. “Here,” he smiles as he offers me a piece of paper. “It’s my phone number so we can catch up and properly talk for more than just one night,” he chuckles before winking. Stop being so nonchalant about it dude…

            “T-thanks,” I stutter.

            “Would you mind texting me now so I can have your number as well?” he looks down, shifting his weight from foot to foot awkwardly.

            “Uhhh, sure,” I pull my phone out of my pocket and text the number my name.

            Jihoon holds his phone in his hand, seeming waiting for it to light up with a notification. His ringtone sounds and he looks at the screen. “Very creative,” he laughs as he turns the phone to face me. I see my phone number and my name typed under it. Park Jihoon really just gave me his number!

            “I have to go but I’ll see you tomorrow,” he smiles before turning and leaving.

            I have absolutely no words right now…