Three.

UNEXPECTED

            “So, you’re going to go?” Eryn asks.

            “Yeah, I guess it’s worth a shot to try to meet up with him again because you’re right, he should know that he’ll be a father in less than a year,” I sigh. I can’t believe I’m agreeing with the idea to go to Korea to try and get in touch with Jihoon somehow. This is absolutely crazy. “The thing is, how would I try and talk to Jihoon? I can’t just walk into his company and ask to see him.”

            “True… You could try to apply for a job?” she suggests.

            “That’s not a terrible idea,” I shrug and contemplate whether or not it’s a smart idea.

-

            “Land!” I cheer as Eryn and I exit the plane and walk into the airport.

            “Stop it,” she laughs at me.

            “But you don’t understand how uncomfortable I was for a fourteen-hour flight…”

            “I agree, it was an uncomfortable and long flight,” Eryn agrees.

            “You’re also not growing another human being inside you,” I laugh, looking down at my stomach for dramatic effect.

            “You make a good point. Are you feeling okay?”

            “Yeah, well I mean, okay enough,” I shrug.

            “You’d never be able to tell you’re pregnant right now because all you wear is oversized sweaters and you’re not huge,” Eryn adds with a laugh.

            We collect our baggage and try to navigate towards an exit.

            “When do we start our new jobs again?” I ask Eryn, considering my brain has become even more of a mess now. Eryn and I applied for jobs to be stylists the day after I found out I was pregnant and we were hired by Swing Entertainment. We heard back two months later, making me about three months pregnant now as we’ve arrived in Korea.

            “We start in a couple days so we have the next couple of days to get settled; get used to the timezone and get to know the area. I was told our new apartment is within walking distance of the company we’re working for so that’s a plus.”

            Eryn navigates out of the airport to find a taxi to take us to our new apartment. Since she’s been here before, she’s comfortable leading the way and making sure I don’t get lost. Knowing my luck, she’d tell me to follow and then I’d somehow get lost and not know where I’m going.

            We arrive at what I assume is our new apartment. Eryn pays the taxi driver and I follow her inside. We walk into a fully furnished apartment and we immediately drop our things wherever they land. “Shall we pick rooms and then unpack some? Then we can just go to sleep because I don’t know about you but I’m extremely tired and want to sleep,” she suggests with a laugh.

            “Sure,” I agree.

-

            “Madi!” Eryn’s voice wakes me up. “Get dressed, let’s go walk around,” she tells me.

            “Fine,” I sigh as I sit up.

            We get ready and leave the house fairly quickly. Eryn leads the way because I told her flat-out I didn’t want to get lost the first actual day we’re here.

            “Let’s go to the one cafe I know in Hongdae,” she turns to me as we walk.

            “I don’t know anywhere so lead the way,” I laugh.

            We arrive at a cafe a while later. We walk in and I immediately freeze at the song playing. It’s Burn It Up by Wanna One. Even more coincidental, it’s Jihoon’s part right before the second verse. Well what do you know…

            “I don’t mean to laugh at you but of all parts of the song to be playing as we walk in can only be your luck.”

            “Yeah, yeah. I have great luck lately…” I sigh.

-

            We spend the rest of the day walking around, going around to different shops. I can’t avoid hearing different Wanna One songs though; I’ve heard so many different songs in so many different shops.

            “Hey Eryn,” I get her attention. “Do you mind if we go home to do nothing? I’m starting to get super tired,” I honestly speak.

            “For sure,” she turns around. “Are you tired like tired of walking or go to bed early tired?”

            “The second one,” I laugh. “Still feeling kind of bleh from the time difference to be honest.”

            “I get it,” she nods. “Let’s make our way back then.”

-

            I can’t sleep. I slowly get up and walk into the living room. I find Eryn still sitting in the living room, watching TV. “Hey,” I sigh as I sit down next to her, cross-legged.

            “I thought you were going to sleep?” she asks me. Yeah, I did too.

            “I can’t sleep.”

            “Thinking about our first day of work tomorrow?” she asks. How-

            “How did you know that? What the hell?”

            “I know you too well apparently,” Eryn laughs. “Do you want to talk about it?”

            “Kind of,” I sigh. “I’m nervous about tomorrow. We were hired by Swing Entertainment but we were told that we’d also be working for Stone as well and I find that super confusing.”

            “Don’t forget that we’ll be focusing on working with Wanna One, they told us,” she teases. How could I forget? Only my luck, the company that we’d both be working for is Wanna One’s company and we’re told we’ll be working mainly with said group.

            “Please don’t remind me,” I hide my face in my hands. “What if we’re introduced to the group right away tomorrow? I don’t know how I’ll react seeing Jihoon in person again… Or if he’ll even recognize me and it could get so awkward...” I start ranting.

            “Calm down, it’ll be fine. I’m sure he’ll remember you and I’m sure all will go well,” she speaks.

            “I don’t want to tell him right away,” I state bluntly.

            “You should tell him sooner rather than later,” she counters, knowing that I’m referring to not wanting to tell Jihoon about his baby right away.

            “But I’d like to actually kind of get to know him better or maybe even be friends first because we’re still strangers to each other technically. We met once.”

            “And now you get a baby out of it,” Eryn laughs quietly.

            “True but it’s such a messed up situation… I can’t tell him right away because I don’t want him to be angry but I expect that, and I don’t want to cause a scandal or anything if anyone found out… How awkward would it be if he didn’t remember me and then I eventually tell him he’s going to be a father?”

            “Try not to worry about it for now…” she tells me. “But you should still tell him sooner rather than later because you’re already about three months pregnant.”

            “You’re right but it’d be too much of a shock to him right away,” I sigh.

            “Obviously you can’t just say ‘I’m pregnant’ to him and that be the first thing you say to him but I know you and you procrastinate a lot so this is not something you procrastinate with,” she sighs as well.

            “I know but I still want to wait a little bit before telling him. I’m scared to tell him.”

            “We’ll just have to wait until tomorrow I guess,” Eryn stands from the couch. “Night Madi, try to sleep.”

            “Night,” I reply and slowly make my way back to my room.