Five.

UNEXPECTED

            It’s been a few weeks and Jihoon and I have become fairly close now. Eryn and I have become quite close with the entire group truthfully. “After today, we have a few days off…” Jihoon’s voice trails off as I tie a sweater around his shoulders for a photoshoot. “What were you and Eryn planning to do?” he asks.

            “Being nosy, are you?” I laugh.

            “Just wondering,” he shrugs.

            “So far, nothing is planned,” I tell him.

            I still haven’t told Jihoon about the baby and I still don’t know how. Eryn asks me every day if I’ve told him and every day my answer is the same: not yet.

            We’ve grown quite close texting back and forth quite a bit but we only ever see each other at work.

            “Maybe we can do something,” Jihoon’s words cause me to freeze.

            “Wouldn’t that be a bad idea?” I ask, not believing his words.

            He shrugs again. “I planned to hang out with my friends with a few days off,” he winks. Oh, the classic wink.

            “Oh, you think we’re friends, do you?” I tease.

            “Of course!” he laughs.

            “If you want to risk being followed or mobbed by fans when you go outside just to hang out with a friend, by all means,” I laugh.

            “I’ll text you plans later,” he smiles.

            “Jihoon!” I hear the photographer call his name, meaning he’s next to have his photos taken.

-

            The photoshoot goes well for all the members and once everyone has changed into their previous clothes, the group is to go back to the company and practice for a couple hours before going home and having a week off to rest.

            We walk into the company building and into a practice room and Eryn stops me from walking by lightly grabbing my arm. “We’re done for the day so we’re going to get going,” she announces to the group.

            “Bye guys,” I wave goodbye with a smile. Wanna One do the same as Eryn and I turn to leave. We walk out of the building and start walking back to our apartment.

            “Madi!” I hear my name being called behind me.

            “Jihoon?” I ask as I turn around at the sound of my name. He stops in front of me, out of breath. “What are you doing? Shouldn’t you be practicing?”

            He holds his hand out, holding a phone. “Your phone fell out of your pocket in the practice room so I ran to return it,” he sighs, trying to catch his breath slightly.

            “I didn’t even notice,” I take my phone from him. “Thank you,” I smile. “You should go back,” I tell him.

            “I will,” he smiles and my heart seems to skip a beat. “I’ll text you later,” he whispers before turning around and running the way he came from.

            I eventually catch up with Eryn, practically at our building. “Thanks for waiting,” I speak, high levels of sarcasm in my voice.

            “I didn’t even notice you weren’t right behind me,” she speaks honestly. “What were you doing?”

            “Jihoon stopped me for a second.”

            Her eyes widen to appear larger than they already are. “Did you tell him yet?”

            “No…” my voice quiet. “He was returning my phone that somehow fell out of my pocket,” I laugh.

            “You have to tell him about the baby soon,” she opens the door and we enter our apartment.

            “I know but I can’t yet,” I sigh, looking down at my feet.

            “You’re, like, four months pregnant…” she raises an eyebrow. “You need to tell him soon, before it’s too late.” She’s right… but I’m scared of his reaction.

            “I know but I don’t know how,” I continue to look down as I pull my phone out of my pocket. It lights up with a notification just as I take it out of my pocket.

            It’s a text from Jihoon.

            JIHOON:

            MEET ME TOMORROW AT 10AM IN FRONT OF THE COMPANY BUILDING AND WE’LL HANG OUT :)

            “I’m going to have to cancel our plans to do nothing tomorrow,” I laugh, changing the subject. I look up at Eryn as she raises her eyebrows in question. “Jihoon and I are going to hang out.”

            “I’m going to sound like a broken record but you need to tell him,” she sighs.

            “I will, I promise, but not yet… Luckily it’s not noticeable and I’m still small enough to hide behind oversized sweaters,” I laugh awkwardly.

-

            It’s 9:59am and I wait outside Wanna One’s company building, waiting for Jihoon. “Hey,” he greets as he approaches me, wearing a black hoodie with a hat and a mask to cover his face.

            “Hi,” I smile. “Are you sure it’ll be okay to be seen in public together?” I ask, a little nervous at what might happen.

            “Don’t worry about it. Technically, I’m not allowed to go anywhere without a staff member so that’s where this works out nicely,” he winks.

            “Why’d you ask me?”

            “One; we’re friends, two; I thought it’d be an advantage to have a stylist come with me to go shopping to help maybe improve my fashion terrorist reputation,” he laughs.

            “Well alright,” I shrug.

-

            “That was a nice mall,” I speak as I look around in amazement once more as we exit the large shopping centre.

            Jihoon laughs. “Thanks for coming with me today to buy some new clothes,” he smiles.

            “No problem,” I smile back. “Did I help with your ‘fashion terrorist’ reputation?” I ask him in between giggles.

            “Yes, thank you.”

            We walk until we reach a cafe and Jihoon stops. “Would you like to stop and sit for a few minutes?” he asks, pointing to the cafe behind him with his thumb.

            “Sure,” I speak but internally I was thinking ‘hell yeah’.

            We order something small and take a seat in the back of the cafe, away from most of the people. “Jihoon, can I ask you something?”

            “Of course,” he smiles again and waits for my question.

            “Why did you feel the need to buy new clothes?”

            “There’s, uhhh, a girl I wanted to impress,” he shyly rubs the back of his neck.

            “Oh,” is all I can say.

            I’m not going to lie, that hurt a little bit. It stung hearing him say that.

            I spend the rest of our day together trying to ignore the thoughts that keep going through my mind. It’s not like Jihoon would ever like me the way I’ve fallen for him. He doesn’t know it yet but the only way we’ll ever be together is the fact that I’m having his baby… Which I still haven’t told him about.

-

            “Thank you again for spending your day with me,” Jihoon smiles as we reach my apartment building.

            “No problem. Anytime you need to go shopping; please ask Eryn and I to go because that’s what we were hired for,” I tease with a laugh.

            “For sure,” he smiles before bidding goodbye.

            I open the door and kick off my shoes. “I’m home!” I call to Eryn.

            “What happened? Did he say why he asked you to go shopping with him?” Of course the first question she asks is the question I didn’t answer when I texted her earlier what Jihoon’s plans were.

            I nod. “He said he wanted to buy some new clothes because he wanted to impress a girl,” I sigh.

            “Maybe it’s you,” Eryn raises an eyebrow and I can tell her suggestion is serious.

            “Doubt it,” I scoff, laughing as I walk towards my bedroom. “I’ll be right back, I’m going to change into pajamas and then we can watch a movie or something,” I suggest, my statement sounding like a question. I quickly change into my pajamas and meet Eryn again in the living room. “Did you pick a movie?” I ask as I sit on the couch next to her.

            She stares at her phone, not responding. “Did you see this?” she asks as she turns her phone for me to see the screen. “Scroll through the photos,” she tells me.

I take her phone from her hand and scroll through the photos as she told me to. They’re photos of Jihoon and I together, looking fairly friendly. When did people take these?

            I scroll up to see what the caption is. Instead I see a comment to an article and I click on the link.

            My eyes widen at the article title: ‘Wanna One’s Park Jihoon Seen On Date With A Mysterious Girl’.