Six

Kismet

Baekhyun stood infront of his office door on the following day. He's wary of what would be waiting for him inside. Did Chanyeol come again? With a deep sigh, he slowly opened the door and looked around. No Chanyeol on sight but a large teddy bear is occupying his office chair. He dropped his things in his desk and went around his desk to pick the bear up. A note was hanging on the bear's neck.

HUG ME!

I know you hate sleeping alone and simply being alone.

I'm sorry for all the times I let you do that.

I know I don't deserve to hug you yet so let this be a temporary replacement until I can earn the right to be by your side again.

-Forever Yours, Yeollie

 

Baekhyun hugged the bear to his chest and buried his face on its furry head. Immediately, he smelled a familiar scent.

It's Chanyeol's favorite scent. It's the same one he bought Chanyeol on their first month. It's not that expensive but Chanyeol still uses the same scent even when he got famous. He ended up buying the same stuff again and again for Chanyeol whenever the other ran out of his.

It still smells like home.

 

Chanyeol sluggishly entered the apartment and walked towards the bedroom. He immediately fell on the bed face down, his body thoroughly exhausted. He only had 2 hours of sleep before he went out to go to Baekhyun's. He's not complaining though, he just wish his body would adapt to his determination. His phone rang but he ignored it. He already set a different tone for Baekhyun. He would not miss another call or message from him again. To Chanyeol's irritation, the phone kept on ringing. He blindly d around for his phone and saw Key's name flashing on the screen. Key must be inviting him on some party or another again.  He threw it away. He's not in the mood to talk to Key. He knew it's not wise to ignore Key for he holds a lot of influence in the club scene and he took Chanyeol under his wings when Chanyeol was a newcomer but honestly, it was Key who got him into this . He dragged Chanyeol to a lot of parties to perfrom which gave Chanyeol a lot of exposure but it also made him too busy for Baekhyun. They partied from sun down until sun up. He missed a lot of calls from Baekhyun for he's too busy DJing on parties and partying also. He missed a lot of scheduled dates. He missed important occassions in their relationship. He went home too drunk to spend time with Baekhyun.

He admit that he should have done something but at that time, he admit he's having fun also. He got to the top and basked in it but he lost the person who mattered the most. Between fame and Baekhyun, he's choosing Baekhyun this time. 

His body felt heavy but he slowly crept towards Baekhyun's side of the bed. He tried to burrowed to feel some warmth. But it's too cold. The only comfort he had is the Baekhyun's faint scent that he can still smell from the pillows. Unknowingly, tears fell from his eyes and soon his body is wracked by sobs. He's hurting but he knows he's not in any position to complain. He deserved it. He deserved it for all the times he made Baekhyun feel like this. His heart hurt at the thought of Baekhyun lying on this bed, crying. 

He already had someone he should treasure the most but he let it go. If he would be given a chance, he will definitely not waste it this time.

He was about to drift off to sleep when his phone rang. It was Baekhyun's voice he spliced from previous recordings. It's Baekhyun saying "hello" over and over again in a cute way. He grabbed his phone from where he threw it and answered the phone as fast as he can. "Hello."

Baekhyun's voice came over the line. "Hi. Are you at home?"

"Yeah. I just arrived a couple of minutes ago." Chanyeol answered.

The other went silent for a couple of seconds before Baekhyun spoke again. "Well, okay. I'll go now."

Chanyeol did not want the call to end. He thought of anything to prolong the conversation. "Wait. Talk to me more. Why did you call?"

"Nothing. Just felt like it." Chanyeol can imagine Baekhyun shrugging as he answered.

"Did you see the bear?" Chanyeol smiled, remembering how he tried hard to sneak with the huge bear going to Baekhyun's office. The receptionist still saw him though (who wouldn't) and he had to plead before she could allow him to put it in Baekhyun's office.

"How could I not see it? It's practically hogging my chair. Where should I put it? And can you imagine how it would look like when my subordinates see me carting around a huge teddy bear." 

Chanyeol laughed, imagining the scenario. "Well, it would definitely look cute."

Baekhyun snorted. "Yeah right. Only you would think that. My officemates might think their boss went crazy."

Chanyeol settled down, placing the phone on his ear as he cuddle Baekhyun's pillow. Baekhyun was still talking about something but Chanyeol could barely hear him, exhaustion already taking over his body. He tried hard to stay awake, mumbling a bit but he eventually fell into sleep.

Baekhyun noticed how Chanyeol's voice slowly become faint and a couple of seconds more, a light snoring could be heard throught the speaker. He should be irked but he knew how tired Chanyeol must have been. "Sleep well, Yeollie." he softly murmured before ending the call.

 

A/N: I wrote this chapter yesterday but my internet so I was not able to save it. :( I re-wrote it again but I think this one's better than yesterday's. Anyway, sorry for the wait. Again, this is not proofread. XOXO!