One

Kismet

“I can’t do this anymore. I’m letting you go.”

Chanyeol stood at the doorway, immediately sobering up at those words. He just got home from partying and was planning to sleep his drunken state but here he was, staring at the boy sitting on the couch with two bags next to him. He took a couple of steps until he’s standing next to the boy.

“Don’t.” He pleadingly uttered. The boy raised his head and looked at him. The agony that he can see in the boy’s eyes broke him. Did he caused that? Did he chased the light from those once cheerful eyes?

“I’m tired. If I stay longer, I’m afraid I’ll lose myself.” The boy stood up to pick his bags.

Chanyeol went to his knees and pulled him back. “Please don’t.” He’s already panicking inside. Racking his brain to think of what he needed to say to make the other stay. “Please.” He went to hug the boy, hugging him so tight, muttering “please” over and over again.

“I’m sorry.” The boy pushed him slightly and Chanyeol let him go when he heard the other sob. “Please just let me. I cannot do this anymore.” The boy picked up his bags, wiped his tears, and strode towards the door.

Chanyeol was left staring after him with tears falling from his eyes. He watched as the other stopped in front of the door before slowly turning the knob and stepping outside. The door closed softly in contrast with the loud thundering in Chanyeol’s heart. He laid back on the sofa and cried more, asking himself over and over- what had he done?

 

Chanyeol didn’t know how many hours have passed. He just sat there in the dark, not bothering to move from his spot on the floor. Someone knocked on the door. Chanyeol rushed, thinking that maybe the boy went back- that maybe he changed his mind, only to discover a blond-haired tall boy, completely different from the black-haired small boy he’s expecting. Feeling drained, Chanyeol turned away from the door and just let the tall boy inside. He slumped on the sofa and stared at the framed photograph in front of him, slightly illuminated by the lights casted from outside. It’s a picture of them goofily posing for the camera taken a year ago. Can they still go back to those times?

He felt the sofa shift as the blond boy sat down next to him, holding a beer bottle. “I heard what happened from Baekhyun.”

At the mention of the boy’s name, Chanyeol grabbed the blond’s shoulders. “What did he said? Where is he? Is he okay? Can I talk to him?”

Sehun pushed the cold beer bottle to Chanyeol’s face. “Easy there. He told us you broke up. He’s as okay as he can be, I think. He’s staying at Jongdae’s. You know how protective he and Minseok can be over Baekhyun. Going over there will be the same as suicide right now. You’re lucky Kyungsoo is out of town with Jongin or he might have come over here to chop you into pieces. I was hanging out at Jongdae’s when Baekhyun came. I got out of there as fast as I could before I got die from the stares Jongdae’s been giving me. You might think I was the one who made Baekhyun cry when the only thing I’m guilty of is being your bestfriend.”

Chanyeol sighed, grabbing his hair with his hands. “I ed up.”

“Yeah, you did. Honestly, I’m restraining myself from punching you right now.”

“A punch might hurt less than what I’m feeling right now.”

“Wow. Cheesy much?” Sehun tried to joke to lighten the mood but Chanyeol just glared at him. “Aren’t you going to drink this? I think you need it.” Sehun offered the beer bottle again.

“No. Thanks. I think that’s what got me in this mess.”

“Oh, yeah. You just got home from Key’s party. I heard it got pretty wild over there. I even saw some pics a while ago.” Sehun took out his phone to scroll over his SNS. After a couple of swipes, he spoke again. “Uhm. Have you seen your tagged photos?”

“What? No, I haven’t opened my SNS yet. I just got back home drunk as hell when Baekhyun broke up with me and I was sitting here, moping afterwards. Why?” Chanyeol snatched the phone out of Sehun’s hands and there it was, a picture of him with not one but two girls on his lap.

“!” Chanyeol threw the phone much to Sehun’s shock.

“Hey! That’s my phone!” Sehun picked up his phone, contemplating if now is the time to punch his friend. However, Chanyeol looked miserable enough that he decided to just let it go this time. Sehun went back to his seat. “As your friend, I want to ask you what really happened but as Baekhyun’s friend, I really want to tell you- what the were you thinking?”

“I don’t know. ! I was so drunk last night, I don’t really know what happened.”

“So what do you plan to do now?”

“I.. I don’t know. It seems surreal. Yesterday morning, we’re happily eating breakfast together. ! Why didn’t he say anything? This couldn’t have been just because of that picture. ! Why didn’t I notice that something’s off with him.” Chanyeol stood up. “I should talk to him.”

Sehun pushed him down “I think it will be best if you’ll just let him be for now. Give him space for now.”

“What if he doesn’t come back? What if I really pushed him too far? What if he doesn’t love me anymore?”

“Then maybe you should just accept it. You had your chance but you wasted it.”

 

On normal days, Baekhyun would have been irritated by the way Jongdae and Minseok hovered over him. But today is not a normal day. Today, he got his heart broken. He tried really hard to make it work but maybe it's just not meant to work.

"Aha! Are these those girls? I can totally take these s on my own." Minseok declared as he pushed his phone on Baekhyun's face, showing the picture of Chanyeol with those two girls. That picture pushed him over the edge that he's been toeing for months. He just can't take it anymore.

"We're not taking anyone on, hyung. Just let it be." Baekhyun weakly declared as he laid his head on the sofa, too emotionally-drained to move. He has been crying for hours and the heart ache really aches.

Jongdae Baekhyun's hair. "It's not those s that we should think of, Minseokie. It's that we will not name. It's sad that Sehun left before I can give him a piece of my mind."

"Don't bother Sehun, Dae. He is not at fault here." Baekhyun mumbled.

"Well, it's his fault for choosing an as his bestfriend and even introducing him to you. I should have not invited Sehun to my party two years ago. Then maybe he wouldn't have suggested that DJ to perform in my party. Then maybe, you wouldn't have met said and you won't be moping here with a broken heart. In that alternate universe, maybe you're happy with someone else right now."

"Aish! There's no use in thinking of those maybes right now, Dae. What we need right now is some ice cream." Minseok went to the kitchen to look for the ice cream he had bought the day before. "I would have offered you alcohol but you're such a weird drunk. Remember that time you got drunk, got on the table, and almost took off your clothes? It's a good thing Chan-" he paused before uttering the name, realizing his mistake. "Oops. Sorry." Minseok said as he plopped down the sofa, carrying a large tub of ice cream in his arms.

Jongdae glared at Minseok before taking the spoons from his hands and handing one to Baekhyun. "Okay. We got ice cream. So let the fest begin!"

"fest?" Baekhyun asked as he scooped an ice cream to his mouth.

"Yeah. We're going to list things we hate about that ! We're going to curse his name or not, since we're not mentioning his name. We're gonna dance around as we burn his image!" Jongdae finished with enthusiasm.

"Uhm. Do we really need to?"

"Of course, we do! Let's get you started on the road to moving on and step one is to hate his guts." Minseok explained. "So, give us ten things you hate about him."

Baekhyun went silent for a while, thinking about it. "Uh, he broke my heart?"

"Okay, that's one. Be more specific on the next."

"He doesn’t have any time for me. But he wasn’t like that in the beginning. It was when he started getting a lot of requests to perform that he started to spend more time outside rather than with me. I guess it being with an introvert like me when you’re a famous DJ who’s always at the center of parties.”

“Eh, no buts. No excuses. Just list them. Don’t rationalize. We hate him because we hate him. Again, no buts. Keep the buts and you might end up saying ‘I hate him but I still love him’.” Jongdae scolded.

“But what if I really still do.” Baekhyun mumbled softly while poking his spoon at the ice cream

Jongdae and Minseok looked at each other before sighing.

“The road to moving on is really a long one.” Minseok said as he hugged Baekhyun who started crying again.

 

A/N: Hellooooo! Do you like it so far? If you do, please subscribe, upvote, and leave nice comments below. :D I'm writing this fic along with Hard to Say it Right so expect alternate updates if you're also reading that one. This fic is not proofread so please bear with me. ;p It's quite irresponsible of me to write another fic when I haven't finished with my other fic but this fic is just begging to be written. -.-