Four

Kismet

Baekhyun stared blankly at his laptop. He did it. He really moved away. It's quite surreal but he's really here. His temporary apartment seemed both refreshing and lonely. Refreshing as no memories of Chanyeol were stamped on the apartment and lonely because no matter how hard he try, he still misses the jerk. 

"Sir, here are the files you asked for." Baekhyun looked up to see the operations manager, Yixing, holding a couple of folders. For his position, Yixing looked to be too young and innocent but according to some feedbacks he got about him, he's quite fierce when it comes to business. He's one of the proofs that you should not judge the book by its cover. Nevertheless, Baekhyun is not one to judge as he knew how it felt to be judged based on your appearance. He used to be looked down by his officemates back when he's just starting with the company and look where he is right now. 

He accepted the folders from Yixing and thanked him. He's about to start with his work when he noticed Yixing still standing infront of him. "Do you need anything?" he asked. Yixing smiled at him, his dimples showing. 

"Nothing.  I just want to thank you for accepting the offer. I've been out of my wits trying to figure out things here but they said that you're the only one they can send here and that you are still deciding on accepting the transfer. You can only imagine my relief when they told me you already accepted. So, thank you again and I hope that you'll have good memories with working with us here." Yixing bowed at him and left the room without waiting for any response from Baekhyun.

"Too freakin' nice." Baekhyun mumbled as he sipped his coffee. People here are too nice, maybe he would really enjoy his stay here or die from all the niceness around. Back at the head office, people are mostly on edge for days especially when it's nearing month-ends but here, the atmosphere is kind of laid back but he can see no one slacking off. With that thought, he went back to his laptop to continue his work.

There were a lot of things to do that Baekhyun did not have anytime to think about Chanyeol until it's already close to end of shift. He's resting his eyes for a second when his phone buzzed. Somehow irritated at the interruption, he grabbed his phone from his desk to check the message. It's from Chanyeol.

Are you at the office?

Baekhyun's brows furrowed upon reading the message. Why is he asking about it? Before he could mull it more, another message came.

I'm almost near. Please wait for me.

His heart skipped a beat at those words. Is he coming here? No way, he thought. He doesn't know that Baekhyun relocated. He haven't even mentioned about the offer back when they're still together as he's not really considering about it at that time. The only ones who know about it are Minseok, Jongdae, and his co-workers. He seriously doubt that his friends would give him away and giving information to outsiders are a no-no in their company.

Appeased by those thoughts, Baekhyun went back to work. He just need to finish a couple of stuff before he can go home. A couple of minutes more and his landline rang.

"Good afternoon Sir. Someone's here to see you." their receptionist, Joy, said over the line. Baekhyun's wondering who it was when someone knocked on his open door. He's dumbfounded as he's staring at someone he's not really expecting.

"Why are you here?" Baekhyun asked as he looked at a slightly disheleved Chanyeol by his door.

For the first time, Baekhyun saw a flustered Chanyeol. "I brought you something." He said as he walked slowly inside though still standing far from Baekhyun.

"Why? Are you around the area?"

"No. I-" Chanyeol was interrupted by Joy who rushed to Baekhyun's office.

"I'm sorry Sir. He rushed over while I was talking to you." Joy explained in worry.

"It's okay. I know him." Baekhkyun saw Chanyeol sigh in relief at his words. Joy, on the other hand, bowed and closed the door behind her as she left. Baekhyun almost shouted at her not to close the door. He can feel himself panicking at the thought of being in a close room with Chanyeol. He's still nto ready for this. It's still too fresh but somehow, he can't stop staring at Chanyeol and wonder what brought him here. "Who told you?"

"Doesn't matter. I promised not to tell." Chanyeol replied. He took a deep breath and opened his mouth. He practiced a lot on his way over but the words just won't come out. He was only able to say a single word but he hoped it conveyed his feelings, "Sorry."

Silence ensued as Baekhyun simply stared at Chanyeol. Chanyeol approached him warily and handed out the paper bag he's been holding.

"What's that?" Baekhyun eyed the bag warily.

"A gift, please accept it."

Baekhyun sighed and took it. Chanyeol smiled at him. "Please open it after I leave."

"Why?"

"Just. Please."

"Or I could just throw it without opening it." Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol's eyes dimmed when he said that. He immediately wanted to regret his words but a part of him thought Chanyeol deserved it. "If that's all, I think you should go."

Chanyeol was not really expecting everything to go well this early but he's willing to persevere no matter how long it takes. He stared intently at Baekhyun and quietly mumbled, "I miss you" before he turned his back to leave, softly closing the door behind him.

He did not see Baekhyun fell back on his chair with his head on his hands and the paper bag sitting innocently infront of him.

 

Baekhyun slumped on the sofa as soon as he came home. His head was pounding from what transpired that afternoon. Did Chanyeol drove all the way here just to give him that gift? Speaking of the gift, Baekhyun stared at the paper bag he dropped on the table along with his stuff. With a sigh, he grabbed the bag and opened it. Inside was a neatly wrapped box. It even had a bow on it. He wondered if Chanyeol was the one who wrapped it or if he had someone wrap it for him. As soon as he turned over the box, he figured out the answer. There, on the bottom side of the box was the tape full of stars that he kept back in their apartment. It looked like Chanyeol ran out of clear tapes and decided to use this one.

He gingerly opened the gift as his curiosity took over. As soon as he removed the wrapper, his heart ache at what he's clutching. To anyone, it will look like he's going crazy over a simple box of chocolates though an expensive one but to Baekhyun, it's more than that.

**Flashback**

"Yeollie! Doesn't this look delicious? It got great reviews too! Waaah! They look so yummy. Look! Look!" Baekhyun hurried to Chanyeol's side, pointing at a box of chocolates he saw posted on SNS. Chanyeol grunted a reply, completely focused on the few parts he need to change for his remix. Baekhyun pouted but decided to let it go. Chanyeol's busy with work. He should understand. 

**End of Flashback**

A note was taped on the box. 

I'm sorry for the times it appeared like I'm not listening to you. You might not know it but I do listen. I love hearing your voice. I miss hearing your voice. 

-forever yours, Yeollie

 

Baekhyun sat infront of the screen watching as Landon and Jaime dance on the porch. He stuffed his mouth with the chocolates beside him as tears rolled down his face. He kept telling himself he's crying because of the movie but who's he kidding.

 

 

 

A/N: I'm so sorry for the wait. A lot happened and I was over in my head when I decided to start a tweetfic. Now, I'm dividing my time on a lot of fics but I promise not to let a month pass by without an update. I almost narrowed down the plot for this and the ending scene is finalized (Yey!) so look out for the next update. 😉

Anyway, this was typed on my phone and I'm too lazy to proofread so I apologize again for any errors. Please leave an upvote, comment ( I love hearing from you!), and subscribe!😘