Two

Kismet

(Two years ago)

“Nice Party, Dae.” Baekhyun slurred to Jongdae as he chugged down another bottle of beer. He’s usually not the type to go to parties nor be the one to drink this much but his boss had been breathing down his neck for the past days so he gave in and went to Jongdae’s birthday party. Minseok and Kyungsoo was so happy with his decision that they even dolled him up, much to Baekhyun’s chagrin.

“How many had you drunk?” Jongdae asked as he eyed the bottle of beers beside Baekhyun. Baekhyun’s a total lightweight and by the looks of it, he’ll be unleashing that side of him that he’ll regret the next day.

Baekhyun slung his arm on Jongdae’s shoulder and started to herd him towards the middle of the room. “I dunno but I’m feeling funny. Let’s dance, Dae! You have good music here. Where did you get the DJ?”

“You’re so piss off drunk, Baek. Don’t you want to lay low on the beer?”

Baekhyun doesn’t listen to Jongdae but continued to chug the bottle he’s holding. “Ohhhh. He’s a total hottie too. Who is he?” He asked as he squint his eyes at the silver-haired hottie manning the turntables with one hand and the other hand holding his headphones to his ear. Baekhyun squinted his eyes more as he tried to focus his drunken eyes on the DJ. Huge hands? Definitely a turn-on. Huge ears sticking out from his hair? We can work on that. Hot body on the tight black shirt? A huge check. Baekhyun tried tilting his head a bit in hopes of seeing if the lower body matches the upper but the movement made his head spin so he stopped.

Body swaying to the beat, he eyed the DJ hungrily. The DJ, seeming to notice someone staring at him, looked up and met his gaze. The DJ flashed a y grin which made Baekhyun slowly his lips. He saw the DJ following the movement with his eyes. He was about to strut towards the DJ when someone started dragging him towards the back of the room.

“You’re so pissed off drunk.” Minseok said as he dragged Baekhyun. “Why did Jongdae left you alone there? He knows how weird you became when you’re drunk.”

Baekhyun wrapped both his arms around Minseok’s neck and tried to make him sway with him. “What are you talking about, Minnie? I’m completely normal.”

 “Yeah, right. Normal Baekhyun would be sitting at home at this time, reading whatever book he found at the bookstore while drinking his hot chocolate with marshmallows.”

“Ehh. That’s so boring. I came here to partyyyy!” Baekhyun shouted the last part.

Minseok pushed Baekhyun on the sofa on the corner of the room. “Stay here. Don’t move an inch. Don’t talk to strangers. Who knows what you’ll do. I’ll just get you some water to counter the alcohol. Stop drinking the beer!” Minseok pulled the beer out of Baekhyun’s grasp and even took the beer bottles on the table infront of them before walking away to get some water.

“Party pooper!” Baekhyun shouted at Minseok’s back which was drowned by the loud bass from the stereo. Jongdae really knew how to throw a party. It’s just a small party at his house but the overflowing beer and the music is enough for everyone to have a great time. He can see from here the crowd drunkenly dancing to whatever the DJ is playing and he badly wanted to join but Minseok said to stay here, so stay here he will. He doesn’t want to think what Minseok will do if ever he came back and not find him here.

But he so wanted to dance so he stood up and dance on the spot.

Chanyeol put down the earphones and started walking down from the makeshift platform. The party was small but the fee he got from it is enough to cover some of expenses for a couple of days. Being a newbie DJ in the music scene is quite hard but he’s making it work. A couple more small parties and soon, word of mouth will travel on how good he is. Soon, he’ll make it big.

He scanned the crowd for the y siren he saw earlier. The black hair and tight clothes he’s wearing, along with that y gaze really got to him. He was already excited when he saw the boy starting to move to him when suddenly someone dragged him away. Disappointed, Chanyeol finished his set immediately to look for the boy and put a couple of EDM songs before he took his break.

He waded through the throng of people grinding and he saw the person he’s looking for, dancing alone at the back. There’s something about the boy that calls to him and the others as well, based the hungry gazes of the people nearby. But the boy seemed to be oblivious to the effect he has on others, just continuing dancing to the beat. He saw the boy bumped to the table infront of him and watched him stopped for a minute, seeming to think of something before he grinned at no one in particular. That grin, a mix of iness and naughtiness, pushed Chanyeol forward towards the boy. But before he could get to the boy, the boy already got on top of the table (fortunately it’s a low table) and started dancing ier than before. When he saw the boy starting to his shirt, Chanyeol rushed forward and gripped the boy’s arm.

“Wha-” Baekhyun exclaimed as he was suddenly off-balanced and came crashing to someone’s hard chest. He was about to berate whoever it was that stole his fun when he looked up and saw the handsome DJ from a while ago. “Oh, hello hottie.” Baekhyun said before he pulled the DJ’s head closer and crushed his lips to the other’s. The DJ was rigid for a couple of seconds before he started to kiss Baekhyun back. It was so hot that Baekhyun is already tugging on the other’s clothes but the DJ suddenly broke the kiss apart. Baekhyun looked at him dazed and saw the DJ staring nervously at something behind him. Baekhyun twisted his head to look at his back and saw his friends glaring at them.

Baekhyun looked at the DJ once more and smiled cheekily. “Oops.” Right then, the world started spinning so fast and before Baekhyun could move, the world went black.

 

It’s already almost noon when Baekhyun woke up. He slowly opened his eyes and winced at the brightness. He d on the bedside table for his glasses but came up with nothing. He glanced around and realized he’s not in his room but in one of Jongdae’s guest rooms that he usually occupies. He slowly sat up so as not to further antagonize his headache and saw a glass of water and pain killers on the table. As he drank the medicine, he stood up and decided to go downstairs to look for something to eat. After a quick trip to the bathroom, to which he realized that someone changed his clothes (he’s now wearing the large sleep shirt and shorts he left here for the times he sleep over), he lazily went downstairs towards the kitchen.

Chanyeol was busy munching on some cereals in the kitchen when the boy from last night entered. He looked so different this morning- so soft that he just want to hug him so tight and put him in his pocket. The large sleep shirt is a huge contrast to the tight clothes he’s wearing last night and the sleepy eyes are entirely devoid of the y gaze he kept on throwing last night.

“Who are you?” The boy sleepily asked. “What are you doing in Jongdae’s kitchen?”

“You don’t remember?” Chanyeol answered as he watched the other rummage in Jongdae’s cupboards.

“Will I ask if I know? Where did Jongdae kept the coffee?” The boy mumbled as he stood on his tiptoes to check the higher shelves.

Chanyeol’s really finding the other cute. “I’m Chanyeol. I was the DJ last night. Jongdae went out to buy some coffee after leaving me with these cereals. Apparently, someone might turn into a grizzly bear without coffee to start the day. Is he referring to you?”

“Nah. Must be Minseok. I’m Baekhyun.” The boy said as he sat down opposite Chanyeol with the orange juice he found in the refrigerator. “Why are you so friendly anyway? I don’t know you. Minnie said I should not talk to strangers.”

“Eh? But we did more than talk last night.”

Baekhyun coughed at those words, the juice going down the wrong pipe. “What did you do to me?” he asked in a scandalous voice after he got his breath back.

“Relax. We just kissed. Well, you kissed me first and I kissed you back.”

Baekhyun banged his head on the kitchen table. “. I’m so sorry. I’m such a lousy drunk. I know better than to drink around other people.”

Chanyeol laughed. “So you’re usually not like that?

“You mean kissing random strangers?”

“Yeah and dancing ily on top of the table. You almost gave a , by the way.”

Baekhyun banged his head again. “Argh. I’m so embarrassed.”

“I suggest you just drink at home. Alone, I mean. Or just with trusted friends.”

“Well, I usually stay away from alcohol ever since I discovered how I act when drunk. Last night was a slip as was really stressed from work and well, it’s Jongdae’s birthday. Kyungsoo was appointed to look after me but he’s boyfriend, Jongin, came so that happened.” Baekhyun explained. “Why are you still here anyway? Aside from to embarrass me.”

Chanyeol smiled, restraining himself from ruffling Baekhyun’s hair as he watch the other pout. “I slept over since Sehun got pretty wasted last night and he’s my ride. I can’t lug all my equipment in a taxi so Jongdae said I could stay.”

“Oh. You’re Sehun’s friend. It’s the first time that I met you though.”

“Yeah. He must have been keeping you from me. That brat.” Chanyeol said with a smile that made Baekhyun’s heart skip a beat.

“Are you flirting with me?” Baekhyun asked.

“Is it working?”

Baekhyun blushed. “I.. I don’t know.”

Chanyeol laughed. “You’re so cute. I think I’m falling for you.”

“You can’t just spout those words so easily to someone you just met.” Baekhyun spluttered.

“Eh? But I’m just being honest.”

Right then, Sehun entered the room looking as if someone dragged him from miles. He sat down beside Baekhyun and slumped on the table. “I’m not drinking anymore.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other and laughed, total not believing those words.

 

From there, Chanyeol pursued Baekhyun. Taking him out on dates, giving him simple gifts that he could buy with whatever he earns from his gigs, and spending most of his time on his phone- either texting, chatting, or calling Baekhyun when they’re not together. Days passed and Baekhyun gradually fell for Chanyeol. He can’t resist Chanyeol’s charms and efforts. So on the night of Christmas Eve, as they lay on the sofa at Baekhyun’s apartment, Baekhyun finally said yes to a relationship with Chanyeol.

 

(Present)

Baekhyun looked outside the window, blankly staring at the falling rain. Everything was so happy back then. He thought it was perfect. Why did Chanyeol changed? Is it because of something he did? Did Chanyeol not love him anymore? But why did he tried to stop him from leaving?

Baekhyun pressed his forehead on the window and closed his eyes. Beside him, his phone rang with the familiar tune that he kept on hearing since a few hours ago. It’s the tone he wished to hear back then during those nights he stayed up, waiting for a call from Chanyeol to tell him if he’s on his way home or simply just to check up on him. His heart ached listening to it but he doesn’t have the energy anymore to move.

So he just ignored it.

He’s used to being ignored anyway.

 

A/N: What do you think? If you like it, please give an upvote, subscribe, and leave nice comments below. Thank you! :) I apologize for any errors, btw. I'll proofread one of these days. ;p