Five

Kismet

The following day, Baekhyun sluggishly went to work. He slept fitfully last night and he can see the bags under his eyes. Fortunately, the eyebags covered any traces of him crying last night.

As he entered his office, he was welcomed by the delicious aroma of his favorite coffee. Puzzled, he looked around and saw a new coffeemaker near his desk, already filled with the delicious drink. Heart thudding, he slowly approached the coffeemaker as if it would bite. A note was taped to the coffeemaker.

I brought your favorite coffee blend. There's more in the bag beside this. I miss waking up to the smell of this coffee. No matter how tired I am the previous night, I always wake up smelling this coffee and be comforted knowing you're there. I hope to one day wake up to this smell again and knowing you're back with me. 

-forever yours, Yeollie

 

Baekhyun traced his fingers over the coffeemaker. It's not the coffeemaker they have back at the apartment. Theirs is a cranky old one that he won't replace as he's a cheapskate. Chanyeol bought the latest version. 

He took the note and slipped it on his journal along with the note from yesterday's gift. Is this Chanyeol's way of apologizing? It's only 8am and to get here before him, Chanyeol needed to wake up early and brave the traffic in addition to the 2 hours needed to get from their place to this location. He knew Chanyeol had a gig last night (he memorized Chanyeol schedule from before) that usually ended at wee hours. He frowned thinking that Chanyeol will make himself sick if he doesn't get enough rest. With a sigh, he took out his phone as he sat down and typed a message.

Did you drove more than two hours to bring me coffee? I could have simply bought from the coffee shop nearby.

He stared at his phone screen, wondering what he's doing. Before he could further change his mind, he pressed send. A couple of seconds passed before panic set in. He dumped his phone on his desk, covered it with some papers, and paced in his office. Why did he do that? Is he giving in over some chocolates and coffee? Is he that easy?

To do something, Baekhyun went to the coffeemaker and poured himself a cup. He inhaled the aroma and suddenly, he felt at home. This coffee blend could only be bought from the store near their place and Baekhyun got addicted to it. Chanyeol's not a coffee drinker but he always makes sure that they have a stock of said blend. Why can't Chanyeol be sweet like that always? 

His phone buzzed as he sat back down. Dreading the message, he stared at the pile where he buried his phone. At the end, he still took the phone out and opened the message.

But you like that coffee. 

Just those five words and Baekhyun's heart melted a bit. If Chanyeol keeps this up, he might really end up packing his things and going home. Still, he got pride and he still got hurt. He doesn't want to act rashly this time. He'll see how this unfolds. He'll see if Chanyeol really means it this time. He typed another message.

Is this going to be a daily thing? You bringing me gifts? I'm not that easy Chanyeol. You hurt me.

His phone buzzed immediately with a reply from Chanyeol.

I know but I won't give up on you. I'll earn the right to call you mine again and this time around, I won't give you any reason to leave me. I won't promise that I won't hurt you again because I'm an idiot and is prone to do stupid things but I promise that I won't intentionally do anything to hurt you

Baekhyun could barely finish reading the message through the tears in his eyes when another message came in.

Just give me chance to win you back. You don't need to do anything else. Just let me win you back. Let me prove how much I need you back. 

The tears are freely flowing now from Baekhyun's eyes. It's a good thing Chanyeol's not here or else he might've broken down infront of Chanyeol and take him back again.  He need this space. He need to be smart about this because he already gave him his heart once and he can't take it if Chanyeol will break it again. He quickly typed a reply.

I don't know.

Chanyeol replied just as quick. 

Please.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and took a deep breath before typing his next reply.

Do whatever you want but I'm not guaranteeing that I'll forgive you at the end of this. 

All I want is this chance. 

Go to sleep. I know you had a gig last night. You're so dumb to waste your rest hours to drive here. 

You're worth it. It's such a bummer that I was not able to hang around. Your receptionist saw me in your office and chased me away. She's scary.

Serves you right.

You're mean. 

Sleep.

I'm still driving home. The traffic in your new place .

Then why are you texting me????

But you're the one who texted first.

Idiot! Stop texting. Get some rest when you get home.

Yes Boss! I'll see you tomorrow.

Don't you dare go back here tomorrrow. You're just wasting 4 hours driving back and forth.

Yeah, the 4 hour drive is a bummer but I can't relocate nearer right now. I can't change apartments. I'm keeping the one I live in safe for someone special. So, drive it is. ╮(─▽─)╭

Or maybe you can just stop this.

How about no?

Stop replying and just drive!!! 

But I'm stuck in traffic and I miss talking to you.

I won't reply anymore. 

Baekhyun was about to lock his phone when another message came in.

Take care always.

Baekhyun leaned back on his chair and rested his head. What am I going to do with you, Chanyeol? 

 

 

A/N: So something weird happened. Hello, back-to-back update! I was pumped with the comments I got about last chapter so here I am. XD I'm that easy guys.hahaha It's a short update but I always end my chapters when it felt right to me. As usual, please forgive any errors. xoxo