Chapter 1

the different Exoist

it’s the birthday of the prince of Exoplanet, who will get his mate today. The prince woke up by the sounds of birds chirping. He looked at his alarm clock and it was 9 am in the morning. He could definitely use some sleep, but no that idea was forgotten when Jongdae stormed in with Sehun behind him.

“WAKE UP SUNSHINE. IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO RISE AND SHINE” Jongdae screamed. Sehun was trailing from behind and just rolled his eyes. Chanyeol looked very angry at Jongdae. “Go away, I want to sleep,” he said in a grumpy voice. Chanyeol wanted to pull the blanket over him again, but Jongdae was faster and took it away from him. “what do you mean sleep. It’s your birthday dude!” Like Sehun just did, Chanyeol rolled his eyes upon hearing Jongdae’s whining. “So? It’s just my birthday”

“I knew that he was going to be like this” Sehun told Jongdae. “that’s just him being stupid” Chanyeol felt left out. “I can hear you guys.”

“good. Now we, Sehun and I, Jongdae the greatest best friend of all time, wanted to be the first ones to give you your gift. So here we are now.” Chanyeol smiled. “damn guys you are the best” Chanyeol inspected the gift. “should I be afraid of what’s inside it?”

They both grinned “no not at all. JUST OPEN UP!”

“jeez calm down. I swear if you bought me something ual like previous years. I will rip the hell out of you guys.” He said while packing out the gift. Chanyeol stopped packing when he saw a glimpse of it. “I can’t accept this.”

“Of course you can. It’s a gift” Sehun said. The gift was a telescope and it wasn’t even the regular model. The newest and most expensive one out of them all. Chanyeol’s previous telescope which he got from his mother, got broken when it fell from his window. Chanyeol couldn’t sleep for days because he loved the telescope so much + it was a gift.

Chanyeol was in awe when he touched the telescope. “T-this has must cost a fortune. How did you even buy this?” Sehun and Jongdae weren’t the richest so they probably really worked hard for this.

“We have been saving money since that day that you broke your telescope, 3 years ago. It really broke our heart when you lost something that gave you joy, so we wanted to restore the joy. I hope we were able to do that.” Sehun said.

“are you kidding. This is the greatest gift you could ever give me… Thank you guys so much!” Chanyeol said while hugging the two.

 

“yeah yeah we know it’s great. Now we are going to leave and you are going to enjoy your birthday.” Jongdae said. Before they left they turned to Chanyeol and said “Happy Birthday Chanyeol.” Chanyeol smiled upon hearing that. Maybe this day wasn’t going to be as grumpy as he thought.

 

Right after his friends left, Kyungsoo came into the room.“ sir it’s time for you to dress up for the ceremony” Chanyeol who was still in his bed, sighed. It’s time.

It 3 o clock in the afternoon. The clouds are very dark, which possibly will lead to rain. The prince and his parents were already gathered on the … Chanyeol was actually very nervous if he had to be honest. Not only were his parents watching but also his friends and the whole planet. The ceremony would air on television so the whole planet could see the princes outcome. When Chanyeol got to hear this for the first time, the butterflies in his stomach got only worse.

De druid of exoplanet, a very old man who would lead the ceremony grabbed Chanyeol’s hand and smudged some powder in the colour of red on Chanyeol’s hands. Red was the colour of his power, fire. The druid asked Chanyeol if he could stand in the circle. On the opposite side another circle was located, where his omega shall stand.

Then the druid started saying words in the ancient language of the exoists, Chanyeol actually studied the language and could understand what the druid was saying.

I call the holy gods from above

Another soul has turned 18 today

May we grant him a healthy omega

 

 

After the druids speech, the sky suddenly started to lit up. The Gods had heard the druid and granted Chanyeol his omega. That’s when a shining ball of light came into the view, from the sky. The ball was slowly coming to eye length and was above the circle. The druids thanked the Gods and started saying words. That’s when the other druids came into view. They were wearing capes and formed a circle around the ball of light. Then they started saying words in a language not from here. Chanyeol recognized it as Latin, a language the earthlings used which is an ancient language. Chanyeol read in a book that Latin was used for spells and that earthlings now use it for medicines. Despite recognizing the language he could not, understand the language so he was just staring at the druids when all of sudden the ball of light got brighter, this made Chanyeol cover his eyes with his hand.

 

The ball of light was slowly forming a body and face Chanyeol could not make out. Chanyeol stood straight. He tried his best to see what his omega looked like but he couldn’t since the druids were blocking the view. Then It stopped, and there was no blinding light just the sound of a body slowly falling to the ground. That’s when the druids left and Chanyeol could finally see what his mate looked like. It was definitely a man, he could see that, pitch black hair, not that tall and fragile build. The back of the body was facing Chanyeol and the prince couldn’t wait for his mate to stand up, but he didn’t. The body didn’t make any movement and was just laying there. Chanyeol got a bit worried and confused. Why wasn’t his mate standing up? The druids who were standing behind Chanyeol rushed to Baekhyun and checked his situation. Suddenly the king came into the area. “druids, what is happening?”

 

One of the druids turned around and sighed. “we don’t know majesty. This never happened. He is breathing but not responding to any of our touches.” Upon hearing that Chanyeol got confused. Why was this happening to him? Did he do something wrong in his life? There was a silence, even the people around him were quiet.

 

All of sudden the silence got broken when he heard a male grunt and cough. Slowly standing up and he started looking at his hands. Then he slowly turned around and was met by a lot of faces who gasped, including Chanyeol. His mate was beautiful he couldn’t deny that but he looked weak and tired as if he had been fighting in a war. The boy could barely stand on his knees and nobody understood why. This was the first time that a ceremony went like this. Usually, the mate would look healthy and normal but his mate looked anything but normal. He looked tired as if he could pass out any minute. During this whole process, there was still a silence. Nobody dared to talk, not only that but they were also very confused. The head druid who was also standing still rushed to the king.

 

“Majesty, I don’t think he is ready to do the fighting ceremony.” The king disapproved. Everybody had to do the fighting ceremony after the ceremony, otherwise, you break the tradition. “but my king he-“ the king cut him off. “we are continuing this. Please go on”

 

The druid sighed. The druid said something to his mate and grabbed his hand. He did the same what he just did to Chanyeol and walked to a spot that was in the middle. “now, both of you will fight. If the omega wins he will fight alongside you, but If the omega loses, the power of healing will be used for the soldiers in the war.” Chanyeol knew the rules and he hated them. Because It was unfair. Everything was unfair.

 

Chanyeol who didn’t actually want to fight had a plan to let his mate win. Everybody knew that Chanyeol was really good at controlling his powers so everybody is probably expecting that he is going to win, even his parents. Chanyeol who was already in position waited for his mate, but he was still standing looking really tired. Chanyeol actually pitied him and felt angry at his dad for making him suffer. When nobody made the first move Chanyeol knew that he had to be the one to make the first move and he did.

 

He ran to his mate and tried to attack him with fire. The other male wasn’t flinching at all until Chanyeol got close and dodged him. If he had been slower Chanyeol could have actually hit him. Chanyeol ran again and Baekhyun dodged again while hurting himself every time. Why wasn’t he using his powers? The prince didn’t understand it at all. He maybe had a theory that he didn’t know how to use his powers but that got proven wrong when his mate actually was about to pas out and tried to use his power, but it never came. His mate simply didn’t get any powers. Chanyeol stopped attacking and everybody looked confused. “I’m not fighting anymore. He obviously got no power and that is unfair. Look at the state he is in. Father look at him. Look in what position you got him!” his father was shocked when his son yelled at him. The king sighed. “stop the fighting ceremony and continue the ritual for the rain, please.” The druid nodded. The druid who stepped into the middle began his ritual:

 

Gods, can you hear me?

Let it rain let it rain

let the omega be blessed with the holy god's tears

 

when the druid finished his ritual it was expected to feel the droplets of rain, a problem there wasn’t any. The druid repeated the words again after waiting for 10 seconds. But no. still no sign of rain. Nobody understood this not even Chanyeol. That’s when the sound of a falling body was heard. His mate had passed out and nobody understood why. The crowd went wild and the king had to silence them. “hush my people, don’t panic everything is going to be fine. We will bring the omega to the palace and take care of him. Thank you for being understanding. Now go rest please.”

 

Chanyeol who still stood in the circle was confused. The king who walked to him after his message padded his shoulder. “I’m sorry my child. I shouldn’t have made him fight.” Chanyeol sighed. “it’s okay father I’m just very confused at the moment. I-I don’t get it. Have I done something wrong?”

 

The king sighed. “I don’t know my son, but trust me. Everything will be okay. I promise you that.” Chanyeol looked up to his father and smiled. “thank you, father.” His father nodded, when he wanted to leave Chanyeol got a hold of him again. “please take care of him. I think that I’m going to take a walk out there.” His father understood. After everybody left and the guards took his mate’s body, his friends rushed up to him.

“well that was unexpected,” Jongdae said while throwing a stone at the opposite side. Chanyeol agreed. “I have to be honest dude, I’m very confused at the moment.” Was what Sehun said. “ I think everybody is at the moment, even me.”