Chapter 4

the different Exoist

While the prince was away with his friends, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were sitting on a bench in the garden also Baekhyuns favourite place in the whole palace. The idea to sit in the garden was proposed by Kyungsoo because he wanted to talk to Baekhyun. He wanted to convince Baekhyun to like Chanyeol and he knew that it was going to be hard knowing the circumstances they are in. Baekhyun was the first one to start the conversation. “So you wanted to talk to me?” Kyungsoo nodded trying to hide his nervousness and trying to boost his confidence. “Yes I do, It’s about your mate Chanyeol.” The other male sighed but he didn’t want to make his friend sad so he listened. “I know that you don’t like talking about him, I truly know but please listen to me.” The other male was avoiding any eye contact Kyungsoo was trying to make and just hummed.

“Uhm so there was an orphan boy around the age of 8 who got lost in the woods. The boy was scared but his mother had told him before she died that he needed to be brave and strong, so the little boy tried finding the way back home. He eventually ended up at a palace, it may be not home but it was at least shelter. When admiring the palace, a ball stopped in front of him. The ball was a dark red, as dark as the blood of his father that came out when he got murdered by the enemies. The boy who didn’t know what to do with the ball just stared at it. Then a loud noise got his attention. The loud noise was a boy around his age with red hair and green eyes, the lost boy knew only one family who had those eyes. His mother had told him that once, the royal family. It was the prince who greeted the boy, who had fallen out of the tree just to grab his ball. The red-haired boy didn’t notice him at first but greeted him with a smile. “Do you want to come to play with me in the palace?” the lost boy was surprised that the prince said that. You don’t ask strangers instantly if they want to come to your house. The boy just nodded and followed the prince. The two boys were having a lot of fun. The prince wanted to get to know the boy better so he asked him a few questions. “what’s your name? Mine is Chanyeol!” the boy was a bit shy at first but he answered the question “Kyungsoo” then the queen came and was surprised when she saw the stranger. “Chanyeol my dear, who is this?” they stopped playing “this is my friend Kyungsoo!” the queen smiled “Hello Kyungsoo I’m Chanyeol’s mother. She looked at her child “sorry if he is a bit annoying by being loud. He got that from his father.”

“Hey! That is not true.” The giggling child said who hugged his mother. “Of course it is! Anyway, where are your parents Kyungsoo, do they know that you are here?

The smile left Kyungsoo’s face. “I don’t have any parents, they got killed.” The queen's smile also left her face. “mhmm.. I’m so sorry Kyungsoo.. why don’t you just join us for dinner? Would you like that? Afterwards, you can play with Chanyeol in his room.” Little Kyungsoo nodded and followed the queen and his new friend Chanyeol.

The two boys grew up into handsome boys and Kyungsoo who wanted to have a function in the palace got named as Chanyeol’s personal servant although he got never treated as one. The queen treated the servants as if they were her family. That’s why she is so loved.

It was Kyungsoo’s 16th birthday but he had forgotten his own birthday except for Chanyeol. The boy had organized a whole party for him that’s when he started developing a little crush on the prince until he met the son of the captain. His name was Jongin and Kyungsoo had even forgotten that Chanyeol existed. He thought that Chanyeol had no idea of his crush for Jongin but recently he found out that his best friend actually knew. The point is that the 8 years old boy is glad that he met the prince who had only showed him kindness, happiness and loyalty. That’s my story.”

 

Baekhyun was surprised you could say that. “Kyungsoo I didn’t know. wow, I’m actually speechless. First of all, I’m sorry for your parents but I’m so glad that the queen saw you as a son.” Kyungsoo smiled upon hearing that. “but did you change your mind about Chanyeol?” Baekhun hesitated. “I guess. I mean sure I still feel a bit uncomfortable around him but I do believe that he is a kind guy who cares about his friend-“

“he cares about you too.” Baekhyun looked surprised. “what do you mean? I have been only worse to him, he probably doesn’t like me.” Kyungsoo sighed. “Chanyeol is not like that. He cares about every being in this world and now that you are his mate he cares about you too in fact, he asked me to talk to you. He really wants to have a good relationship with you Baekhyun.”

 

“I’m just confused. The boy you talked about doesn’t sound like the Chanyeol I’ve met.” “That’s because 10 years have passed. Not only did he get more serious. He is also the next heir to the throne that’s why Chanyeol tries to educate himself by reading books just to be a good king. Also, I believe that he tries to impress you by acting manly and brave. Do you now get when I say that he cares about everyone?”

 

Baekhyun hummed. “I do, he sounds like he will be a good king.” Kyungsoo agreed. “I know he will and you are going to rule along with him so please Baekhyun gives him a chance.”

 

“I’ll try”

 

Suddenly a guard appeared and it none other than Kyungsoo’s prince charming, Jongin. “hello Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, you both look lovely today.” Kyungsoo blushed. Baekhyun decided to tease his friend “likewise Jongin. Anyway is there a reason you are standing here besides wanting to make Kyungsoo blush?” Kyungsoo’s eyes got wide and avoided all the eye contacts.

“Yes, I wanted to ask If Kyungsoo was available tomorrow? I would like to spend a day with him if that’s possible?” Kyungsoo looked up, face all red aka a whole blushing mess. “y-yes.” Jongin smiled brightly and said goodbye to the males.

 

“aaaah I’m so happy for you!!! You are finally having a date with your crush.” Kyungsoo couldn’t process what just had happened. It hasn't sunken in yet that he was actually going on a date tomorrow. “May the Gods bless Chanyeol.”

“don’t tell me that he is also involved in this.”

 

“yes he is, he would help me to get a date with Jongin and that bastard did keep his promise.” Baekhyun laughed. Maybe Chanyeol wasn’t all that bad.

 

 


hi me again!

I hope you liked this chapter! please comment or give me an upvote because that would make my day :)