Act III, Scene 3

through time and time again

Oh, you’re my mannequin, you’re so beautiful. Andy fairly glares at the backup dancers whom he’d known for years and years as they gather around Hyesung. He knows that it’s only their job, but that annoying little voice in the back of his head keeps urging him to march up there, pull them away, and scream ‘GET THE AWAY FROM HIM!!

They’re practicing for a concert, and it seems like every single member has something on his mind. Dongwan’s distant and detached, Minwoo’s face is blank, and hell, even Eric and Junjin aren’t playing around like they usually do. Hyesung looks like he wants to murder everyone, and Andy feels like strangling whoever even so much as glances at Hyesung.

Who had suggested Mannequin again? Andy is going to skin that person alive. He’s behind Hyesung for half the damn song, close enough to reach out and touch him, close enough to feel the heat emanating off him, yet Hyesung is so, so far away, spinning away from Andy just as he gathers up the courage to ‘provide some fanservice’.

Just like that, Mannequin ends. Andy’s waist gives a sharp throb, and he limps into the wings of the stage, waving off the worried staff. Carefully, he sits down on the floor to watch Minwoo’s solo stage. Or rather, he watches Minwoo nitpick about the lights and positioning, the sound quality and the echo. He nearly laughs out loud, choking on his water, and the coughing amplifies the pain in his waist.

He’s almost about to call someone over to help him up, but then there’s a warm hand on the curve of his spine, rubbing the pain away, and Andy lets out a borderline-ographic moan. The other person huffs, and Andy’s blood freezes as Hyesung sits down next to him, hand still on his waist.

They don’t say anything, and Minwoo finally starts singing his song. Whenever tears come, let me kiss it away, I’ll kiss your lips and hug you everyday. Andy had always enjoyed Kiss It Away, but not when Hyesung is sitting right next to him, not when the tension is so thick he could cut it with a butter knife.

Finally, Hyesung coughs. “Sunho-yah,” he says, so quietly that Andy can barely hear him over the music. “I’m sorry for getting mad at you.”

“N-no, I’m sorry.” Hyesung’s apology comes as a shock, and Andy is suddenly stuttering out his own. “I shouldn’t have gotten mad at all, especially in public.”

Hyesung sighs through his nose, dropping his hand from Andy’s waist. He turns to watch Minwoo sing, and the blue lights make him look like the Twitter logo. Andy can’t help the idiotic laugh that bubbles up, and Hyesung turns to him, eyebrows raised.

“Oh?” He glances towards Minwoo again. “Is the song that funny?”

Still giggling, Andy shakes his head. Hyesung waits patiently, eyes soft, for him to stop laughing, and then leans in close, placing his hand on Andy’s neck.

“Lee Sunho,” he says, and Andy jolts. He tries to pull away, but Hyesung is surprisingly strong today. “I’m in love with you.” Then, quickly, Hyesung presses his lips against Andy’s and lets him go.

But he doesn’t leave, only sits there as Minwoo reaches the interlude of the song, and Andy is in shock. He brings up a trembling hand to touch his lips. Hyesung was soft, sweet, everything he could have imagined and more. He was gentle, sad and hopeful but not forceful, and Andy’s heart stutters, contracting painfully. He wants Hyesung, needs him, needs more, now.

He crawls into Hyesung’s lap and, before the other man can react, kisses him again. Hyesung tastes like the Sprite he had for lunch, the spice of the chili in the stir-fried rice, the musk of cigarette smoke and the mint of gum. Andy feels Hyesung smile as he pulls him closer, delving deeper, taking his breath away for good. He never wants to pull away, wants to keep kissing Hyesung until he dies, but Andy can’t breathe, and he pushes himself away with a small gasp.

“Kissing it away, huh?” Hyesung’s face is flushed red, a devilishly charming smirk on his face, and Andy’s breath comes quick and ragged, heartbeat rapid against his ribcage. “Does this mean we’re dating?”

“So fast.” Andy wraps his arms around Hyesung’s neck and rests his chin on his shoulder, reveling in his warmth. “Hyung, I want the rest of my life with you.”

Hyesung hums, nuzzling into Andy’s collarbone. “That’s fine by me,” he says with a soft laugh, just as Minwoo finishes the song. “I’m glad we figured it out.”

“Oh? Have the lovebirds finally realized their feelings for each other?” Minwoo sends Hyesung a wink and disappears down the stage steps. “That’s all fine and good, but don’t forget that there are other people around.”

Andy comes to a suddenly realization that the entire group probably knows. Hell, probably even the whole company. With a groan, he buries his face in Hyesung’s shoulder again. “So everyone…?”

“Everyone.”

***

“When did you realize?”

“I think it was when you left, back during Wild Eyes.” Hyesung shifts, pulling Andy closer to him. “It was going to hurt no matter who, but then it was you, and you didn’t even tell us anything. I thought we were too harsh and blamed myself for always ing at you.”

“But that would have been the same for anyone.”

“No, but then you came back. You came back, and I was so ing relieved, and there was this inexplicable urge to kiss you and hug you and hold you until eternity. I just never wanted to let you go again, ever.”

“And you never did, did you?”

Hyesung chuckles. “No, I never did, not even now. Your turn.”

Andy pauses, leaning against Hyesung. “To be honest, I don’t really know. I think it was during practice one day. You just smiled at me with your hair all wet and plastered to your forehead, and you probably looked terrible, but my heart hurt so bad because you were just so damn beautiful right then.”

“Am I not still?”

, hyung, every single ing day.”


so as for the lyrics of the songs, i tried my best to make them rhyme in English LOL so the meanings will be slightly off from the actual meanings... also this story is hereby COMPLETE! everyone gets a happy ending, the entire damn company knows, and we are happy :"DDD

please let me know if you would like another ansyung at some point, and if so, any ideas you may have! (i might not be able to use them but i would like to take some inspiration from yall)

and above all, thank you for staying with me (and them) throughout this whole journey :"))