Chapter Nine

Tied Together

*Kinda a filler chapter but it’s important so :) enjoy

 

MINA:

 

Her running grew slower as the sounds mentioned behind seemed to be gone. She glanced around and felt the panic that was already inside her rise. She could no longer recognise anything she was looking at and she didn’t know the exact time but it was probably some ungodly hour in the early morning she assumed. 

A car pulling up beside her startled her and scared her even more, though the person behind the wheel looked kind enough. She couldn’t will herself to trust her, no matter how genuinely kind she may seem. 

“Do you need help? Because it’s 2:00am and walking down the street, especially this street, isn’t safe.” She said and Mina soon found herself nodding and accepting the help from the stranger, “I’m lost” she all but mumbled and she knew that the girl had a hard time hearing her but she was in a weird mood, so she decided she wasn’t going to repeat it. 

“Ah, I see, well if you could tell me somewhere near to where you live then I can drop you off there?” She kindly offered and so Mina nodded and got in the car. She looked in the side mirror and saw, them. 

Their car was seemingly searching for her, and that’s when she almost screamed but stopped herself, luckily but she did say, “Starbucks, highstreet road. Please hurry, I was supposed to be home hours ago.” Mina found herself practically begging and was relieved when the girl seemed to agree to it. 

 

“Off we go.” 

 

Mina’s hands began to shake as she saw the car still behind the one she was in, mentally telling herself to not do anything stupid. She willed herself to speak up, “I’m not trying to alarm you, but are you possibly being followed?” She feigned confusion and saw the same expression on the drivers face to, “Not that I know of, but let’s see in a bit okay? Also I never got your name?” She reasoned and Mina simply replied with “Mina.”

“Well Mina, I’m Jihyo, nice to meet you and we’ll be at Starbucks in around thirty seconds. So don’t worry, you won’t be with a stranger anymore.” Jihyo told to Mina but Mina wasn’t fully paying attention as she looked around she felt her eyes light up at the sight of the familiar place. 

 

“And were here.” She heard as the car came to a stop, “thanks for keeping me company, it’s been weird since me and my best friend lost touch, so thanks.” Jihyo said in a happy tone and Mina found herself being pulled into a hug before she left the car, waving bye to Jihyo as she drove off. 

 

*Not proof-read and sorry I’ve been away I’ve been busy with this challenge thing I’m on :(