Chapter Ten

Tied Together

NAYEON:

She couldn’t comprehend why no one was worried or startled by Mina’s abrupt leaving. Everyone seemed to act as if it was normal, and maybe it was, but Nayeon was still shocked at the lack of emotion towards Mina in anyway. Everyone just went back to what they were doing, the minute the door shut behind he. 

Hours went by and still no sign of Mina, only when Tzuyu came back after going out to get Mina, did the worry and the panic finally settle in the room. Nayeon didn’t miss the side glances they all gave eachother, almost motioning to the clock. She acted like she didn’t notice but they weren’t exactly discreet about it. Nayeon could only focus on the floor

“We need to wait up for her, what happens if she doesn’t come home?” Someone voiced aloud, Nayeon couldn’t fully register what was being said and by whom but she knew that there was a slight bit of guilt forming an top of her, weighing her down, to the point where she had to solely focus on her breathing. 

However when she finally looked up, she was the only one awake, everyone seemed to be far off in their own dreams. Nayeon only then realised that she was out of it for hours, though the guilt was still there it was bearable. Her mind was trying to think of the positive scenarios, the positive outcomes but she was almost overpowered by the negative. 

Her eyes trailed down to her finger, staring at the string. As if it was mocking her past choice. “What was the age?” She mumbled to her self, frustrated at her lack of memory for the entire ordeal.

 

 If Nayeon wanted to she could probably search for Mina, find her by using it but how would she explain that? She didn’t want to add extra layers to the already confusing mess. Her mind attempted to drown her guilt ridden thoughts and over exaggerated scenarios, but was stopped when the door was opened. 

 

Everyone else stirred in their sleep but no one woke up, Nayeon looked over and saw the confusion etched on Mina’s face, then their eyes met and Nayeon couldn’t explain anything anymore. 

Though her mind was focussed on trying to stay in reality, Mina’s eyes were dragging all of Nayeon in and she was soon lost completely. A cough brought her back an her face heated up due to the embarrassing nature of the situation. “Why are you all in here?” Mina whispered and Nayeon felt a bit of anger rise in her, but it was mainly just shock, “because it’s 3:00am Mina.” She states and that was when the realisation set on her face. Almost like it washed away her cluelessness entirely and she heard a small “oh” as a response. 

“But why are you still up? We have only just met.” She voices out her thoughts and slowly Nayeon felt like the room was suffocating her, “I struggle to sleep so I just thought why not” Nayeon replied with small bit of humour in hopes of lightening the mood. Yet with Mina’s humourless chuckle as a response, Nayeon knew that what ever the problem may be it was and probably never will be her business. “I know we just met but even you need someone to talk to, I’m here and I can assure I won’t judge.”  Nayeon said sincerely and held out her pinky finger as if to be the solid evidence that this deal, if it were to happen, was foolproof. Though taken aback by the sudden offer, Mina hesitatingly linked their pinky’s and with that Nayeon left saying, “I think you should let them know you’re alive, now that you’re back and all.” With one last glance at both their hands she turned away and left for her room. Too immersed in thought that she missed Mina’s tiny whisper. 

Obliviously missing an important factor in Mina’s troubles. 

 

*Not proof-read and what did she whisper? :O hope you enjoyed.