Cinderella and the Intruder

JenLisa Vault
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cinderella and the Intruder 

-where Jennie has a typical Cinderella story, she got her prince charming\her fairy godmother, only that she's an intruder.-

Jennie Kim, typical girl with a typical Cinderella story. 

Once had a happy family, until her mother died and her father remarried another woman who has two y daughters and are insecure of her because of her Greek godess-like beauty. She was an excellent student when she was studying in the university, she still had to drop out when her father died since her stepmother didn't want to sustent her studies, saying it was just a waste of money, while her too daughters study in a prestigious university despite of their poor grades.

That's how awful life turned for our poor Jennie.

****

 

“Jennie! Where the is my new Gucci dress?! I need to look good! Who knows when will I bump onto Lisa.” Jennie heard one of her step sisters shout from the top of her lungs coming from her room. 


‘As if she would look good no matter how expensive her dress is,’ she thought.

Jennie sighed as walk out of the kitchen and went towards the spoiled girl's direction.

“Isn't it in your cabinet?” she asks. 

“Don't be stupid. Why would I ask where it is if it's just inside my damn closet?”

Jennie rolled her eyes and opened the cabinet. After few seconds of thoughrouly searching it, there she sees it hung beside another expensive dress. 

She rolls her eyes once more and muttered ‘stupid’. 

“Here,” she said as she hand it to her. 

The brat didn't respond and  went to the bathroom to change. 

“Jennie!” she heard her stepmom call her. 

She went in the living room and saw her fixing her earrings. 

“Yes?”

“Your sisters and I are going to the mall, I need you to stay here.”

“As if I ever got the chance to go outside,” she whispered, making her voice as low as possible. 

“Are you saying something?”

“Nothing.”

She went upstairs and locked herself inside her tiny room. 

“Ugh! This life . I wish someone would just take me away from these ugly creatures.”

Jennie actually tried to runaway. It's just that she never succeeded. Until she gave up and decided to be thankful with her hellish life. 

While her stepmom and stepsisters are away, she decided to clean the house. 

A usual routine for her. 

**

It was late in the evening, the three are already back with tons of shopping bags and are now having their ‘beauty’ sleep, when Jennie decided to sleep and have a rest. 

Until, 

11:23 pm, when Jennie woke up feeling thirsty. So, she got down to the kitchen to get some water. 

While she jug the whole glass, she heard some noise coming from the living room. 

Despite of being nervous, she decided to look at the living room to make sure everything is fine. 

She heard another noise. 

She nervously walked towards the dark room, until she found the switch. 

She flicked the lights on and there,

 

She saw nothing. 

 

She sighed in relief even though her heart is still pounding rapidly. 


“Gosh. When did I start being this paranoi-”

She was cut off by her sentence because a hand covered . 

That's the time Jennie knew she's doomed. 

She tried to scream but it was inaudible because of how tight the stranger covered . 

“Sshh..” she heard the stranger sush her which sent shivers down her spine. 

“I will release you but please do not scream…” she heard a woman’s voice. 


“Or else I'll kiss you,” the stranger said in a low tone. 


‘. Am gonna be ? . I'm so scared. I shouldn't have got down to fulfill my thirst,’ her anxiety kicked in as she nervously nod her head. 

The intruder released her from her grip carefully. 


Jennie slowly turned around. 


And she was shocked. 


The intruder clearly doesn't look like a thief. 


She looks more of a runway model. 

With her long blonde hair, cute bangs and doe brown eyes. 

Jennie was fascinated by the girl's features. 


She was snapped out of her trance when the intruder started to put some paper towels inside her backpack. 

“Hey! What are you doing?” Jennie asked as the girl continued to get paper towels in the cabinet. 

“Uhmm.. Stealing..?”

Jennie's mouth hung open. 

It was unbelievable. 

“Why would you steal paper towels?”

“Stop asking, babe.”

Jennie knows this isn't the time to blush, but she did. Her face is so red because of the endearment the intruder used. 

Jennie looked at the clock,

11:58 pm

The thief finished stealing paper towels and turned around to face Jennie. 

 


“Do you wanna come with me?”

 


Jennie was surprised once again. 

“What?”


“I said, do you wanna come with me?”

“And why would I come with you?”

 

The thief smirked,

“Because I'll take you away from your miserable life.”


11:59 pm


“So? Do you wanna come or nah?”

 

Jennie fell silent. 


Until she heard the lights on the stairs flicker and her stepmom call her name. 


12:00 am

 


“Yes. Take me with you.”


The intruder smiled with her answer. 

She took Jennie's hand and said,

“Let's go and run away then,” she flashed out a smile which made Jennie feel like there are butterflies in her stomach. 

They hurriedly snuck out of the house, while hearing her stepmom calling her name. 

Jennie was nervous as hell but felt genuinely happy when they finally managed to get out. 

They ran outside until the thief suddenly stopped. 

“Throw these,” she handed Jennie a roll of paper towel she stole from Jennie’s house. 

Jennie just looked at her with a confused look. 

“Why?”

The intruder didn't respond and started to throw the paper towels to the roof, the porch, her stepmom’s car and on the lawn. 

“Hey!”

“Come on! This is fun!” she shouted while laughing endlessly. 


Jennie started to throw paper towels too, which surprisingly felt really good. 

They threw the paper towels until they ran out and saw the lights of the three bedrooms light up. 

The intruder grabbed Jennie's hand and intertwined it with hers.

“Let's get out of here,” she said with a smile. 

They started to run while giggling like little kids under the crescent moon and starry night. 

They felt exhausted from running. They stopped and panted as they gasp for air, their hands still clasped together. 

When Jennie finally regained herself, she stood straight and faced the stranger. 

“Who are you?”


The intruder smiled, which once again made Jennie's heart warm a little. 

“I'm Lisa.”

“Pretty name. Why did you do that though?” Jennie asked as they started to walk down the street. 

“Do what?”

“Uhm. Steal paper towels and just throw them outside the house where you stole them? And ask a random girl to come with you?”

Lisa chuckled. 

“But you're not a random girl. I knew the glass shoes would fit with you the moment I saw you.”

Confused, Jennie fell silent, trying to comprehend what the girl said. 

“No more questions, mademoiselle. I'm hungry. Let's eat something.”

And so, Lisa dragged her in a near ice cream parlour. 

She made Jennie sit on one of the chairs while she ordered the food. They're the only customers since it's already past midnight. 

“Here.”

Lisa put a large cup of milk ice cream between them and handed Jennie a spoon. 

“Where's your spoon?” she noticed that Lisa isn't bringing another one. 

“Feed me. My hands feel lazy so feed me.”

Jennie rolled her eyes yet her cheeks are flushed in red. 

“You spoiled brat.”

Jennie started feeding her and herself using one spoon. They're staring intently at each other, not really sure why. But she knew she's melting under Lisa's gaze, faster than the ice cream they're eating right now.

“We're indirectly kissing, y’know?”

Jennie choked because of Lisa's bluntness. Her cheeks are burning because of the girl's statement. 

“You're cute,” Lisa complimented her. 

“You're okay, I guess?” Jennie deadpanned. 

Lisa laughed at Jennie's savageness and continued to eat the ice cream Jennie has been shoving . 


**

“Where do you wanna go?” Lisa asks Jennie as she remove her top layer jacket and put it on Jennie's shoulder because she noticed how the older shiver. They're now walking on the streets.

“I don't know.”

Lisa took Jennie's cold hand, intertwined it with her, and put it inside the pocket of her hoodie. 

The simple act strangely made Jennie felt giddy inside. 

“Any particular place you wanna visit?”

Jennie thought for awhile, putting her index finger on her chin while pouting. 

Lisa couldn't resist it. It was too cute for her, and before she knew it, she stole a kiss on Jennie's cheek. 

“Stop being cute. I couldn't contain myself when you're cute.” She looked away, failed to see how Jennie's cheeks be painted bright red. 

Jennie cleared .

“How about hongdae? I heard from my sisters that there's a lot to go there.”

“You've never been to hongdae?”

Jennie shyly nodded.

“I actually never been to anywhere except for this town.”

Jennie felt  Lisa's hand slightly squeeze hers under her pocket, so she looked up to meet the younger’s gaze. 

“I'll take you everywhere you want, now that you're with me,”

Jennie's heartbeat went incredibly fast again. 

“But.. But I don't even know you.”

Lisa smirked,

“Just trust me. I'll promise you won't regret it.”

Jennie's parents never failed to remind her to never trust strangers. 

But her parents never warned her that a Lisa Manoban could walk into her life and break that particular rule about trusting people you don't know. 

They walked to a near bus station and took a ride going to hongdae. 

“Sleep for now. This is a 45-minute ride,” the blonde said to Jennie while patting her shoulder, signalling her to lean on it. 

Jennie obeyed as she felt so exhausted with what happened the whole day. 

The brunette dozed off and Lisa stared at her as if she's some kind of a relaxing photo that you should stare on. 

“I know from the moment I saw you that the glass shoes would perfectly fit on you,” she said as she tuck strands of loose hair behind the sleeping girl’s ear. 

***

“Wake up, sleeping beauty. We're here.”

Lisa tapped Jennie's shoulder, trying to wake her up. 

The brunette slowly opened her eyes. 

Then she saw a smiling girl, looking so pretty in this chilly midnight. 

They got out of the bus and started to roam around hongdae. 

It was already past 2 am, some stores are starting to close, while some are starting to open up. 

Nonetheless, the place suited Jennie's taste, different from the town where she came from. 

City lights and tall buildings is what she sight. 

“Come on. I wanna show you something.”

Lisa dragged her in a antique shop, where an old man greeted Lisa as if he already knew her.  

Lisa dragged her in the corner and played a song using an old gramophone. 

“May I have this dance?” Lisa asks as she offered her hand to Jennie. 

The older  one smiled and accepted her waiting hand. 

“Sure.”

Lisa put her hands on Jennie's small waist while Jennie wrapped her arms around Lisa's neck. 

They swayed their hips to the old soothing music, their faces illuminated by the light coming from the moon outside the window, as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter