Contented

JenLisa Vault
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*this is based on a true story, tho I changed some details, but still, the plot is based on the story of my friend. So if you're reading this, this is for you. Hahaha.*

~~~

CONTENTED

-Too close and yet too far.

But looking at it now, I never really tried to close the gap between us.

It's because I'm contented.

Making her smile became my hobby.

Giving her what she wants became my obligation.

Loving her unconditionally is what contents me.

I love her

And I'm contented. -

********

Year one: I was fourteen. A normal teenager with a lot of issues in life. It was the first day of 8th grade when I first met her. She's a simple girl with hundreds of stories behind that beautiful bright smile. I didn't feel anything special at that time. I thought she was just another classmate that I need to befriend. So I approached her, not knowing that she'll have this so much effect on me now..

“Hi! My name is Lisa. You must be new here,” I said while offering my hand and flashing a smile.

Her face isn't familiar so I approached her to make friends with her.

“Yes,” she shortly replied and seemed to be uninterested even though she took my hand.

“What's your name?” I asked again as I sit beside her.

“Jennie. Jennie Kim,” she introduced herself without even glancing at me.

Well.. At least I tried..

Year two: We slowly became friends. She’s a shy person that's why she looked y at first. But I talked to her constantly and slowly gained her trust. Unconsciously, her smiles became my weakness. There's just something about that gummy smile that melts my heart every time. The sound of her laugh became my favorite song. Her witty remarks amazes me. Day by day, I learned to love how perfectly imperfect she is. Every flaws just look so lovely in my eyes. I shrugged these emotions off, thinking that I'm just fond of her, thinking that I like as a sister I never had. We became best friends. Until one day, I don't feel the same anymore…

“Unnie, what are you thinking?” I asked as I sit down beside her.

She's alone in the cafeteria, staring blankly from afar. So, I decided to join her.

“Nothing,” she lifelessly said.

“Come on. I'm all ears.”

She heaved a deep sigh.

“It's just my parents. They're always fighting. It's really tiring mentally and physically. I couldn't sleep hearing their banters. I don't wanna go home,” she answered.

I'm happy that she now opens up on me.

“You can stay at my place if you want. I live alone since my parents are in Thailand.”

Her face lit up and gave me a gummy smile.

I loved it.

“Really? Thanks, Lisa.”

And with that, she always crash on my place whenever she wants to get out from her problems at home. I gladly welcome her and I'm happy to somehow help her. 
 

Year three: Is when I finally figured out these unfamiliar emotions I feel for her. I love her. I love her more than just a friend, but I didn't confess to her because I'm a coward. I mean, who wouldn't chicken out, right? Jennie Kim. Jennie freaking Kim is a walking perfection. While me? I'm just a nobody.

“Hey. Are you listening?”

I was so lost on admiring Jennie’s beauty that I didn't notice that I'm just staring at her while she's talking passionately about her dogs.

“Oh. Sorry, what was it again?”

She rolled her eyes, which I somewhat find cute.

Guess I'm that whipped.

“I said, be my date for the upcoming winter ball.”

I was shook.

Being her date for the upcoming ball is like everybody's dream.

“What? Why? I thought you're coming alone? And why me? There are tons of guys who asked you to be their date but you rejected them.”

Even the school's heartthrob, Kai, asked her out, but she rejected him.

“I don't wanna go with someone I don't know, and I don't wanna go alone either. It might make me look weird. So come with me instead.”

My heart is beating so fast with her invitation.

“But I told you already that I won't attend the ball.”

It's true. I don't like going to those kind of parties. It's pretty pointless and useless in my opinion. 

“Come on, Lis. Come with me and be my man for the day. Please~” she pleaded and gave me that puppy eyes with matching pout.

Who am I to reject a this cute little dumpling, right?

So I heaved a deep sigh and nodded.

“Okay.”

She smiled triumphantly, because she knows too well that I couldn't resist her.

Year four: I still haven't confessed my love for her. This is also the year when mishaps took place. This was her hardest year. Her parents got divorced. Her mother became an addict because of depression. Her father became terminally ill and later on died while her mother is inside the rehab. Jennie got depressed, so I put

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter