2 0 1 7

Want you back

  Naeun took a deep breath. You can do this! No big deal, it's just him. She tried reassuring herself. Naeun started to regret slightly, but she shook her head to get rid of those feelings. She shouldn't feel that way. She should be thankful that she got offered the role even if it was a small role. Naeun walked onto the set, greeting the staffs. She was escorted to the make up section and settled down there.          

 

 " Naeun, I'm going to run some errand. I'll be back to pick you up when your shooting ends. Stay put and stay safe okay? " Her manager told her. Naeun rolled her eyes playfully and laughed.

 

  " Trying to ditch me? I see. Also, where else would I go? Stay safe too, I'll see you later! " She joked before watching her manager leave her. The make up artists approached her and started doing her make up. Naeun was half-way doing her make up, eyes closed when she heard a male voice coming from behind her. Her make up artists stop applying make up on her and stood up to greet him. 

 

  Naeun immediately opened her eyes and stood up as well to greet him. As usual, Choi Minho had a huge smile plastered onto his face.

 

  " Hello Naeun-ssi. It's been a while. " He greeted, smile still plastered onto his face as he sat down on the chair next to hers.

 

  " Ah yes it has. How are you? " She replied politely. She sat in her seat again after Minho and nodded at the make up artists to continue her doing her make up.

 

  " I'm fine thank you for asking. " There was a slight pause, as if Minho was debating on something. " What about you? " He asked her. Naeun could only think back of the past one year. If anything, Naeun felt happier. She finally got rid some of her feelings of affection towards Taemin. There were only lingering feelings left. She felt proud of herself to be able to do that.

 

  " Mm I'm fine as well. " 

 

  " That's good. " Was all he said before the silence surrounded them again.

 

-

 

  The director yelled cut and everyone started thanking each other. After several takes, they had finished recording the scene. Naeun and Minho had broke out into several laughter at Minho acting drunk. The two had established a casual atmosphere, forgetting their past and all formalities. 

 

  Naeun thanked the staffs that helped her today before going to the table where she kept her valuables and bag. Minho approached Naeun, waiting for his manager to pick him up.

 

  " Great shoot today! I had a lot of fun! " Minho complimented her. 

 

  " Too bad I'm only around for a short while. " Naeun smiled sadly. She can't lie that she enjoyed Minho's presence. She was also really captivated by his amazing acting skills. The way he acted during the shoot made Naeun feel like she was watching the drama instead of being part of it. Minho could only hum in agreement. The two stood silently, thanking several staffs now and then until Naeun's phone rang. 

 

 " That's my cue to go. Bye and get home safely. " Naeun said and quickly walked away to her manager's car.

 

 " I'll stay safe if you stay safe as well! " Minho shouted loud enough for Naeun to hear. Naeun stopped walking and turned around, waving at him before scurrying to her manager. Minho smiled and decided to text s.

 

 

  The two met up again after almost two weeks. This time, they were recording their date. It was a simple scenario which was easy to act out. Just a couple, having fun together in a busy street. Similar to an episode Taemin had shot with Naeun back in We Got Married. Naeun's heart clenched slightly at the memory. Control yourself, she thought to herself.

 

  " Action! " The director yelled. Minho and Naeun immediately started acting, arms linked together as they skipped through the busy street. She could feel everyone's eyes on them as they shot the scene. 

 

  Naeun dragged Minho to a random store selling sorts of accessories. " Here. " Minho called Naeun, she lowered her neck slightly for him to place the yellow headband on her. Naeun looked in the mirror, face scrunching up. 

 

  " It looks weird. " She passes it to Minho and searched for a cap for Minho to try on. She takes a checkered cap and placed it on his head.

 

  " You look good in it. " Naeun compliments and claps for Minho who was busy posing for her. He reaches out for a red cap and places it on her head too. The two move closer, trying to squeeze their frame into the small mirror at the store. They giggle as they accidentally push each other out of the frame. The two recited their lines and the director stopped rolling. The make-up artists immediately came rushing in, dabbing tissue on their face and dabbing on more foundation. Soon, everyone left the two alone.

 

  " Should we buy it for real? I’m really loving this cap and you really look good in that cap. " Minho looked in the mirror one last time. Naeun stared at him, amused.

 

  " Forget it, I'm buying both whether you like it or not. " Minho says as he reaches into his pocket to purchase the caps. The owner ends up giving them the caps for free instead. They thanked her and went back to the production crew. 

 

   Naeun met up with her manager, passing him the cap and earning a look of disapproval for buying the cap when she had tons of caps at home. Naeun just smiled sheepishly before asking him to keep it for her in the meantime. 

 

 Filming had ended for the rest of the day. Minho had insisted that he kept the drawing of them for memory’s sake. Naeun let him keep it as she didn't feel like keeping it. This time, it was Minho who had to leave first. 

 

 " Bye Jaeyoung! " Minho said smiling brightly and waving at Naeun. " Bye Jungsoo! " She smiled back and watched him get dragged away to his next schedule. Naeun's manager came back from the toilet and sent her home.

 

 

  It was the last day of shooting for Naeun. She was disappointed she had to go. She really loved portraying her character, and she really enjoyed Minho's company. It was like reuniting with an old friend. Naeun thanked the staff members for their hard work and effort. Her manager could not stay for the shooting today as he had to fetch Eunji from her individual schedule. Naeun didn't mind the least bit.

 

 " You're not leaving yet? It's pretty late. " Minho approached her. He still had some shots to retake. Everyone on set took an hour break to refresh and warm up. 

 

 " Oh my manager left me again. He says he's coming in twenty minutes or so. " Naeun replied with Minho nodding understandingly. Minho reaches into his pocket, fiddling with the piece of paper that was kept safely in his jacket. He cleared his throat to catch Naeun's attention.

 

 " Um I have something for you. " Naeun's brows raised in curiosity as she watched him take something out from his pocket. Minho looked around and noticed that everyone was busy. He gave Naeun the paper. It was a baby pink paper, folded up as small as possible.

 

 " It's from Taemin. He requested I give you this. " Minho told Naeun who was still staring at the folded piece of paper. " He still misses you. " Minho said looking straight into Naeun's eyes. Naeun's heart was fluttering at an uncontrollable speed. She took in a deep breath and cleared .

 

 It took her a while to form a proper sentence. She would open but nothing came out. After what felt like hours, Naeun finally found her voice again.

 

 " Then why didn't he contact me? " Naeun questioned Minho. It was foolish of her to ask him. As if Minho had the answers to their problems. Naeun apologised for asking Minho that.

 

 " You don't have to be sorry. I asked him that too, and he said he wasn't sure if it was the right time. Furthermore, he wasn't sure if you wanted him to chase after you. " Minho looked at her sadly. Naeun felt her heart getting heavy again. She could also feel the tears starting to pool at her eyes. She blinked away her tears and thanked Minho before leaving the set, the letter still in her hands.

 

 Naeun hailed a cab and got home safely, texting her manager that she felt really tired and decided to go home first. Throughout the ride, she fiddled with the letter. When she got home, she had locked her bedroom door and taken out a special box. She breathed in and unfolded that letter. Naeun looked into the box and took out the teddy bear, hugging it and started reading the letter.

 

  That night, Naeun slept with a wet pillow, stained by her tears. She spent the night questioning about her relationship with him. No one could answer her questions.

 

 

-

 

Dear Naeun, 

 

It's me, Taemin. I'm sorry for coming to you only after three years. These past three years, I spent trying to figure out my feelings towards you. Only until recently when Minho hyung started filming with you, I realised my true feelings. I am indeed still in love with you. 

 

I'm sorry for being a terrible boyfriend. I'm sorry for not trying hard enough to fight for our love. I'm sorry that I took so long to realise my feelings for you. I'm sorry for not being careful enough. I'm sorry for being unable to protect you from harm. I just hope you still have feelings for me. Even if you don't, it's alright. I just wanted to let you know about my feelings before it's too late. I felt like this was my only chance to get to you. Considering the fact that you are now friends with Minho hyung, it was really easy to ask him to help me deliver this letter to you.

 

I'll be so thankful if we got close again. If we do, I'll make sure to be extremely careful. If we don't, it's alright. I can always continue to support you from afar. Here's my new number. You can drop me a text if you're ready to be on talking terms again. I'll be waiting. 

 

Love, 

Taemin