2 0 1 4

Want you back

  Broken      

 

  Naeun felt broken to the core. She wondered if her company planned to break the relationship before her comeback. It seemed fitting enough that this era, it was a sad comeback. She laughed bitterly thinking about how easy it would be for her to get into the concept.  

 

  Taemin on the other hand had just ended promotions for his solo debut. He felt too exhausted to even think about the breakup. He worked hard, day and night lacking sleep to keep his mind off of her.  Now that his promotions had ended, he was given time off as a reward for his hard work and effort. 

 

  Taemin wanted to sleep since this was the first time in a while he was able to sleep for as long as he wanted but he couldn't. His mind was preoccupied with thoughts about the breakup. He knew that one day his company would come in between them but he didn't expect it to happen really early into the relationship. They barely got to meet up. Taemin was disappointed. He also felt a sense of anger for not being able to fight for their relationship. It was all too late for Taemin to do anything. Taemin took his phone out and checked the time.

 

  2:54 AM

 

  He should be asleep now but instead he's left with his own thoughts. Taemin couldn't help but wonder how Naeun was doing. He's pretty sure that Naeun must be really hurt right now. Taemin felt like sending her a message but he didn't know what to do after sending it. How will he respond to her respond? How will they continue from then on? He couldn't even bring himself to press on their chat. All it did was remind him of his own heartbreak. Taemin sighed and closed his eyes in hopes that he would fall asleep miraculously.

 

  Around the same time, Naeun had woken up from her sleep. She jolted out of her bed and rushed to the toilet to wash her face. Snap out of it Son Naeun, was all she could think. It was the third time this week that she had dreamt of Taemin. It felt real in the dream. It would start out sweet but it would end with Taemin leaving her. 

 

  Again, the tears unconsciously slipped out of her eyes. Naeun cursed at herself. It has been around four months now since they broke up. She still felt sad and cry when she think of their time together. Naeun felt hopeless. She missed him like crazy but she can't do anything about it. All she could do was reminisce their time together and cry till her hearts extent.

 

  Naeun tried to silent her sobs and steady her breathing. Once she had done so, she splashed her face with cold water and left the bathroom. She prayed her eyes would be able to puff done before her next schedule. She wouldn't want to answer any questions from anyone during the recording of the upcoming album. Naeun poured herself a glass of water and sighed deeply. Taking a huge gulp from the glass, she refilled her cup. Once she felt hydrated enough, she left the cup on the dining table making a mini reminder to wash that before leaving the dorm later. 

  She crawled back into her bed, careful not to wake any of her members up. It was already almost 4 am but she still had time to get some sleep. Closing her eyes, she slowly drifted back to sleep. 

 

-

 

  It's the day of the first comeback stage for Apink. They're busy preparing and warming up for their performance. They were nervous as they hadn't really had the chance to show more of their mature side to the world other than their fans. So far, the album had been released for two days and it was charting relatively well. Apink was thankful for the amount of support.

 

  Naeun looked into the mirror and spaced out. She wondered how will she survive the comeback. The song reminds her too much of Taemin. Her members had been protective and has checked on her to see how she was doing. They were protective when it came to Naeun and was against the comeback concept at first. Naeun didn't want to feel like a burden so she agreed to do the concept.

 

  " It's just a concept after all. Don't worry I'm fine with it." This assurance led the others to finally agree with the concept. However, Naeun was wrong. The lyrics really hit her too close to home. She sighed before heading onto the stage for her pre-recording. 

 

-

 

  " This is a new song that is doing well on the charts, Luv by nations fairydols, Apink! " Taemin's ears immediately perked up. His hyungs all stared at him wondering how he would react to it. It had been a whole week since Apink had dropped their newest album and Taemin had been avoiding it. Taemin thought why not just listen to it now since it's on the radio. Before Taemin could even request to turn it up, his manager turned the radio off. 

 

  " Turn it back on please! " Taemin whined as he tried to reach for the radio from the back seat. Key raised his brow at his youngest member. Everyone knew that he was avoiding anything related to Apink.

 

  " I thought you were trying to avoid it? " Onew reminded Taemin. Taemin smiled in content as he succeeded in turning on the radio. Apink's voices filled the van.

 

  " I changed my mind. Now I wanna hear it. Shush, questions after the song. " Taemin sassed s before paying attention to the song.

 

  The time we had comes to my mind sometimes

 

  " Their new song has a different feel. I like it. " Key commented. The rest nodded in agreement while Taemin chose to ignore his hyung.

 

Can we turn back the time

 

  Taemin smiles bitterly. How much can he relate to this song? Was this song written for him? For them? 

 

I can't believe our long past story

 

  Taemin found his heart skipping a beat. He looked down to his chest. Really? He thought to himself. This is what Naeun does to him. It was just her voice. He couldn't believe their love story too. 

 

The time when anything made us happy looking at each other

 

   He remembers staring at her for a long time. Be it a picture or a video, he'd stare at it until he felt satisfied. He'd stare at her even more when they meet each other face to face. It's as if he can't believe that she's his and she's real. Son goddess indeed, he used to tell her. She'd hide her face in her hands out of embarrassment. That made him fall for her even more.

 

  He payed attention to the lyrics but he payed even closer attention to Naeun's part. She had little parts but it affected him greatly. He could easily relate every lyrics to their time spent together. It had been four months since he last met her and he can't deny that he still misses her. Taemin was brought back to reality with Jonghyun patting him on his thigh.

 

  " It's okay to be sad. Just remember that we'll be here if you ever need any help and that there could be someone better waiting for you. " Jonghyun advices him. Taemin smiles softly at his hyung.

 

  " Thanks hyung. " Taemin knew that there was someone out there that could possibly be better than Naeun but he didn't want that. He wanted Son Naeun and only her in his life.