2 0 1 6

Want you back

  Apink was on their final week of promotions. They came back with an album this year which showed more of their mature side compared to Luv and Remember. Today was their last stage at M Countdown. They were up for first place again but this time it was against a boy group.   

 

  Specifically, SHINee.

 

  Naeun didn't want to expect anything. She has heard their comeback and she can't lie that the album and the title track was really good. She was prepared to lose to SHINee. Not only was she prepared to lose but she was also prepared to interact with them.

 

  Taemin looked fine on the outside but on the inside, he could feel his stomach churning at the thought of having to be near her again. He wondered if he was cursed to meet Naeun at music shows. It felt weird having to work at the same place as your ex.

 

  He also wondered if she listens to his songs. He had written some songs about her to help him with his break up. Those songs ended up being approved by SM. He didn't initially plan to give SM songs about Naeun but those songs just happened to be better than the other songs Taemin had written. He doesn't necessarily hate those songs but wished that he had also written better songs that weren't about Naeun.

 

  The idea of having see her face made him dread his schedule. He was just reminded of his songs about her. It was embarrassing and awkward on his behalf. Taemin just hoped that Naeun didn't listen to his album to begin with.

 

  Taemin had planned to keep a low profile for the day. Having learnt his lesson, he decided to go to the toilet with s and left the room only when it was necessary. Other times, he would be snacking, using his phone or trying to take a nap. It was extra work but it's worth being able to avoid another awkward encounter with Naeun alone.

 

  Naeun recalled bumping into Taemin at another music show last year. She cringed at how she acted around him. Looking back, she wanted to smack her past self for freezing in front of him. How embarrassing, was all she could think of. This time, she made sure to act normally around Taemin or any member of SHINee. 

 

  Apink was called onto the stage along with the other artists present that day. They made their way to the front of the crowd, standing beside SHINee. The emcees stood in between the two groups. Naeun's members were busy talking to one another while she stood there, silently listening to the chatters around her. The show went back live and the chatters from before went silent. 

 

  Everyone looked at the screen and watched as it showed the results for this week's winner. Taemin silently prayed they would win. If they won, that meant it would be their second win for this era. Naeun also had a bit of hope for winning. They had come very close to achieving their first win this era. It would be great if they had gotten at least one win considering the fact that the era was coming to an end. The results came in and the fans went wild cheering for the winner. Key passes the microphone to Taemin but Taemin quickly passes it to Minho.

 

  " We beat my ex. " Taemin joked making Key laugh loudly, hitting Taemin lightly with his cards. Taemin turns to Jimin, as Jimin congratulates him. 

 

  " I just won against her. " Jimin laughs at Taemin as Minho taps on Taemin's back to pass the microphone to him.

 

  SHINee gave their speech and their song starts playing. Everyone makes their way off stage, bowing to their seniors. The members of SHINee started spreading around the stage, greeting their juniors. Key greets Apink before joining Taemin who was already dancing and singing on his own.

 

  Taemin spins himself to the direction where Naeun was at. He catches sight of her greeting Minho and Onew. Taemin turns around to see if she was gone only to find her walking towards his direction. He prepares himself for her to come near him.

 

   She continues walking until she was directly behind him. He could smell her perfume. It had changed into something stronger. It had a more mature smell to it. Taemin busies himself by thanking and waving at the fans. He looks back once again, only to see Hayoung bowing at him and greeting Onew. Naeun was nearing the exit and Taemin danced to his left, looking at Naeun leaving. 

 

  Maybe I still care for her.

 

  Everyone but Taemin greeted Apink. Naeun noticed it and laughed in her head. I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't want to interact, she thought to herself. She also noticed his odd behaviour. He really did try very hard to avoid her. That got her wondering if he hasn’t moved on from her.   

 

  Stop flattering yourself Naeun. It’s been two whole years! I’m sure he’s gotten over me. 

 

  Still, Naeun couldn’t help but think of Taemin for the rest of the night. Forcing herself to sleep, she thought about Taemin one last time before falling asleep.