Lazy

What U Do?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“My heart relaxes. Everything’s perfect.”


 

“Why are you so stressed out?” Luhan asks as he hangs off her bed. 

Her date with Baekhyun was coming up soon. There was a growing stack of clothes on her floor and another piled around Luhan. She didn’t feel this indecisive when she was going to the author’s meet and greet. She reasons this time is different because they both want to have a fresh start and impressions are important.

“Honestly, I can see why you’re worried. I’ve seen what you wear every day for all the years I’ve known you. You obviously did not get my fashion sense. The auntie down the street has a better taste. I saw her wearing a Burberry coat with a black crop top and some leather pants once. I was a little jelly.” Luhan mumbles, continuing to munch on his cherry twizzlers. She stares at him and his “fashion sense” which consists of camo cargo pants and a leopard print shirt.

“Whatever will I do without your sense of fashion to guide me, dear Lu?” She dramatically holds a discarded hat to her chest. Luhan throws a twizzler at her.

“I’m gonna tell Sehun you’re fantasizing about Ms. Kwon.” She threatens.

“You leave me no choice. You’re getting an extreme makeover by yours truly.” He hip bumps her to sit on the bed and then rummages through her closet.

“Mmmhmm this won’t do.” He mimics a snooty accent. She rolls her eyes and steals his twizzlers.

He catches her off guard, grabbing her hands.

“Wait, hmm it could work! I can’t believe I’m a genius.”

She doesn’t bother to ask, not sure if she trusts his idea. She sees him talking animatedly on the phone. 

“What do you mean am I interested in your sister? A is taken. The is me. What?! Let me add Sehun to the call. Sehun tell Kai what I am to you. (she sees his smug face and rolls her eyes) SHUT UP KIM JONGIN THAT WAS ONE TIME I WAS TYING YOUR SHOE!! Anyways, I have a matter of utmost importance to discuss. No, hunnie pie, I’m okay. Did you have a nice rest today? Kai if you don’t shut-” She’s starting to wonder what exactly his genius idea was.

4:05

At least she still has another three hours.

“Irene and Hyoyeon are coming to your rescue. Thank me later.” Luhan says proudly.

4:40

“Awesome. It only took you 35 minutes to work that arrangement out.” She snickers back.

In the end, Luhan, Sehun, and Kai argue over a game of UNO in the living room while Irene and Hyo fuss over her makeup and style her hair. 


 

She decided it was okay to step out of her usual comfort zone, so her final look consisted of a black, slightly floral (very) mini dress, a rhinestone choker, dangle earrings, and sultry yet bright makeup. They picked her hair up in a half ponytail wrapped in a small lace ribbon. They tried to persuade her to wear contacts, but she felt happier in her glasses. 

“Wah, you could be a member of Red Velvet! You look both Red and Velvet~ Sweet yet chic.” Irene complimented her. She felt her cheeks heat up, pleased at her words.

The doorbell rang and the girls made their way to the living room.

She turned around and motioned for them to make themselves scarce. She knew Luhan especially would try to embarrass her. The girls and Sehun dragged them away to the kitchen.

“Hello.” Baekhyun wanted to apologize for being too early. He wanted to tell her how beautiful she looked. But, that’s exactly what stopped his mouth from forming any more coherent words. 

She was stunning. Even in her regular clothes, she was lovely because she just was. Everything from her smile to her laughter to her cute, little habits complimented her perfectly. But to see her standing before him, blushing and excitement evident in her features, she was blinding. The city lights around the block faded into the background when she stepped out onto the porch.

“Sorry. I wasn’t sure where we were going. I hope I’m not overdressed…” He wanted to tell her she could be in a potato sack and she’d still look more radiant than anyone in the vicinity. Instead he shook his head, leaned close, and whispered in her ear, “you look so lovely.”

He offered her his arm and led them to his car.

“Oh, is this your car? It’s very nice.” 

“Ah, yeah. I’m disappointed, actually.” He said, reaching to open the door to his Audi S8. She was too surprised by the lavish interior of the car to register his words.

He closed her door and jogged to his side.

She didn’t realize librarians made this kind of money. The leather was a deep burgundy and contrasted beautifully with the sleek black dash. 

He figures she doesn’t hear him and he doesn’t reiterate his earlier words of disappointment, instead opting to surprise her Sunday.

Baekhyun reaches over to put on her seatbelt. She had been about to reach for it when his fingers grazed hers and he clicked it into place. She’s about to thank him but he’s suddenly running his hand through his sleek hair, a faint tattoo peeking from behind his ear. His other hand rests on the wheel and his rings glisten under the lights. He revs the engine and takes off. 

He’s so handsome, she thinks. And his personality makes him even more charming. He encourages her interests and doesn’t mind that she's quieter than most. They both can be knuckleheaded, she muses, but she thinks whatever other minor flaws they have become irrelevant when they’re just sitting together like this. He stops at a red light, breaking her out of her reverie. Furthermore, his hand comes to rest upon hers, slowly his fingers encircle her own until he’s holding her hand in his lap. 

They continue to drive in silence for a while until he pulls into the parking lot of a vibrant restaurant. 

“I’ve been curious about this restaurant for a while.” He says, winking. 

They were in a different part of town than she was used to. It was the upper-class district of the city. The restaurant itself screamed elegance if the crystal chandelier in the corridor of the entrance was anything to go by.

“Byun, reservation for two.” His voice is slightly husky, unlike his bright, cheery tone.

“Certainly, this way sir. May I take the lady’s coat?” She had thrown on a loose blazer last minute before leaving the house. 

Baekhyun came up to her side, whispering in her ear. His breath tickled and she couldn’t concentrate on what he was saying.

“Most definitely sir. It has been surprisingly chilly these evenings.” The host answered whatever Baekhyun answered in her lack of response earlier.

They moved towards the back of the restaurant. She briefly noticed Baekhyun must have allowed the host to take his blazer and declined the offer to hang hers. He led her along the way by placing his hand along the small of her back. She noticed he was trying to be a gentleman, at least she assumed because his hand hovered just along her waist and didn’t flitter anywhere else. Seeing him without his standard work clothes was messing with her rationale. He had never worn silk to work before and the blue silk button-down he was currently sporting hung down his toned frame like water flowing over the smoothest riverbank. As if further tempting her, his collarbone was in full view, cradling a chain necklace. She didn’t mind if he abandoned his mannered hands and caressed her the way the silk shirt did him.

“We’ll take the 1965 Cabernet Sauvignon and the Camembert/Brie platter to start, please.” 

“Wow, cheese and wine.” She muttered.

“I’m sorry. I should’ve asked about your preference for wine. I can order another bottle if you want? Or maybe you’d like champagne better?” He asked, his eyes searching hers. 

“No, I just haven’t tried cheese and wine together before.” Did she sound unrefined? She honestly didn’t know he rolled like this. Private Baekhyun was an entirely different person to Professional Baekhyun. Her worries were soon dissipated as he laughed however, showcasing his signature rectangle smile. If there was one thing that was strictly a Byun Baekhyun trademark, it’d be his wholesome laugh.

The waiter returned promptly with the order. They had been situated in a cozy booth with seats that had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter