Three's a Deal

The Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You. I like you. And it’s been gnawing at me for months. I like you. There. I said it. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner. I was just too much of a wuss but I… I like you, Wendy. A lot.”

 

Wendy was stunned, to say the least. Her heart was beating so loudly that she wouldn’t be surprised if Chanyeol heard it.

 

“Wendy, I’m so sorry. Please say something? Well, you don’t have to, I’m going on here—”

 

“Chanyeol,” Wendy whispered. “Shut the up.” Chanyeol kept his mouth shut and moved his head down. , she hated him now.“I… I like you, too.”

 

Chanyeol looked up at her in surprise. Did she really just say that?

 

“Well, there’s that,” Wendy said, smiling. “I think I’ve known it in the back of my head, but it’s really just now that I put it to words. I’m glad you were the first to hear my feelings.... well, about you.”

 

Chanyeol couldn’t help but burst into a smile, and Wendy grinned back at him, blushing. “Does this mean you’re my girlfriend?”

 

“You haven’t even asked me yet!” Wendy answered, acting annoyed. “You think you’re real smooth just because you’re a prince,” she added, and they both laughed. “Ask me after three dates. Then I’ll be ready to answer.”

 

“Well that would be super bruising to my ego if you say no after three dates I mean, you already admitted you like me,” Chanyeol pouted.

 

“You’re just used to getting what you want,” Wendy rolled her eyes, chuckling. “Be patient for once!”

 

“Fine,” Chanyeol continued to act like he was sulking (he really wasn’t, he was giddy inside). Wendy found it cute. She already did like him and she thought she knew him well, but still. She was a bit of a traditionalist. She wanted three dates.

 

“Well? Are you not gonna set a date or place?” Wendy .

 

“We can have dinner at the restaurant right across the café. It looks nice,” Chanyeol beamed. While he was a bit disappointed that Wendy still wanted three dates, he was actually quite happy to do these things for and with her. Like a normal guy who is not a prince. “Let’s go there Monday night? After our shift?”

 

Wendy smiled shyly. “Got it. Monday night, it is.”

 

 

Wendy tried to open the door to her and Seulgi’s apartment slowly after she got off her Uber. She didn’t want to deal with Seulgi interrogating her right after her date (she didn’t know what else to call it!) with Chanyeol. Besides, Seulgi was probably already asleep by then. She just had to be careful in walking around the apartment as to not wake Seulgi up.

 

As soon as Wendy got into her apartment, she breathed a sigh of relief, sticking her face to the door out of 1) exhaustion (watching a game can be tiring!) and 2) happiness (after all, Chanyeol just admitted he liked her). She smiled to herself, her face still by the door.

 

“What the hell are you doing there being dramatic?!”

 

“AHH!” Wendy screamed in shock. “Oh my god, Seulgi! You shouldn’t do that to people! Especially your roommate andbest friend! !”

 

“I’m sorry,” Seulgi laughed. “You really thought you could go out on a date with Chanyeol and just not tell me about it after?” Seulgi smirked, and Wendy just skulked on a seat on their dining table in front of Seulgi.

 

“Fine,” Wendy said.

 

“So?”

 

“First of all, the Lakers won an exciting game and yes, Lebron is the GOAT so yay,” Wendy cheered unenthusiastically, and Seulgi chuckled.

 

“And?”

 

“We went to a donut shop… andheconfessedthathelikedmeandIrealizedthatIlikedhimtoosoItoldhim.”

 

“What?!” Seulgi said. “Speak slowly! You can’t get out of this!”

 

“Chanyeol admitted that he liked me,” Wendy said, trying not to smile. “And I realized that I liked him too. So I told him.”

 

“OH MY GOD!” Seulgi screamed in delight, banging their dining table out of excitement. “AND THEN?!”

 

“Then he asked me if I was his girlfriend, and I said no.”

 

“You what?! Wendy Son!” Seulgi slapped her best friend’s arm.

 

“Ow! What was that for?! I just told him we should go out on three dates first before I agree,” Wendy said.

 

“Oh, okay,” Seulgi said. “Still! Oh my god. I knew it. I told you. I knew it!”

 

“I know, I know,” Wendy said, and she smiled at Seulgi. “You were right.”

 

 

DATE 1: DINNER

 

Wendy brought her go-to ‘date’ dress for NORMAL dates for her dinner with Chanyeol. Because this date was NORMAL.Completely normal. No big deal! (Wendy’s had more butterflies in her stomach for this date than any other, and she spent more time thinking about it and what to do. But sure, it’s normal.)

 

Chanyeol, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck. He’s gone out for formal dinners most of his life (meetings, etc.), but he didn’t know how to act. He’s already admitted to himself that he’s never really liked anyone before the way he liked Wendy now, so that probably was another factor contributing to his nerves. He just brought a simple, crisp button down and some slacks to make himself look presentable.

 

Right after their shift at the café (the pair worked the way they would normally, but there was a nervous touch to their actions), they changed into their date outfits, and Wendy put some light makeup on and earrings to… well… to make herself look prettier for her date? Stop the overthinking, Wendy Son!, she thought to herself.

 

They agreed to meet at the restaurant instead, and Chanyeol went on first to order food for the both of them. Wendy already told him earlier that he trusted whatever he would order. She ate everything, anyway. Well, almost everything, at least.

 

Chanyeol was staring at his watch when Wendy came in through the entrance of the restaurant, instantly taking his breath away. God this woman is beautiful, he thought to himself. He hoped he didn’t look like he was just gawking. Wendy really was just… has a way of captivating him. Every time.

 

“Hey,” Wendy said as she approached their table, and Chanyeol stood up to pull out her chair for her. “That was unnecessary, but thanks,” she smiled as they both took their seats.

 

Is there a rule for every ing prince to be this handsome?! Wendy thought to herself as she stared at the man seated in front of her.

 

“I already ordered their bestsellers,” Chanyeol smirked, proud of himself (it was a simple thing, but he never really got to do these things before. His food was picked for him. Even fast food had to be tested by others working in the palace first before Chanyeol even saw his food. Needless to say, it was exhausting.)

 

“Ok, Chad. Gotta admit, I don’t really do this friends to maybe lovers thing. Not even dating in the past few years, as you very well know by now. So please forgive me in advance for any awkwardness. It’s been a while,” Wendy sighed.

 

“If you think I had any great experience with dating, then you’re wrong,” Chanyeol scoffed.

 

“Why? I mean, you’re, you know,” Wendy said, still careful not to mention anything about Chanyeol being a prince in public.

 

“Well, they mostly had their own agendas,” Chanyeol shrugged, and Wendy suddenly felt sullen. “Which is why I really appreciate you befriending me, without any purpose whatsoever. Heechul and Seulgi too,” he smiled. “And maybe liked me not because I’m, you know. Or maybe despite that fact.”

 

“Don’t be so cocky, we’re just on our first date,” Wendy rolled her eyes, trying to hide her smile and the blush on her cheeks.

 

They continued talking – the way they normally used to, really (just that they knew they liked each other, so there was more comfort in their words and nerves. It was complicated.)

 

Their food arrived shortly after, and both were excited to try the restaurant’s bestsellers.

 

“You know, I’ve worked at Cosmic Railway for such a long time and I’ve never eaten here,” Wendy said, twirling her fork around her plate to pick up some pasta.

 

“Well, me neither,” Chanyeol laughed. “Everyone says this is their best, so I hope it’s good.”

 

“It smells heavenly,” Wendy said right before munching on her pasta. “Aaaand it tastes great, too.”

 

Chanyeol furrowed his brows in concentration, really trying to savor his food. Wendy was right. This pasta was legit.

 

“Not as good as the one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter