The Prince

The Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol woke up to his phone ringing and a pounding headache. With his eyes still closed, he reached out his hand, trying to look for his phone until he finally found it and answered the call.

 

“Hello?” he said groggily.

 

“What the ? You drunk?”

 

“Yeri?” Chanyeol covered his eyes with his other hand. The sun was just too bright today and it hurt his head.

 

“Yeah, your ing sister? Do you not remember? Oh my god. Are you hungover? The great Park Chanyeol, HUNGOVER? I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS—”

 

“Please don’t ing scream at the phone I feel like dying,” Chanyeol whined as he distanced the phone from his hear.

 

“I’m sorry,” Yeri laughed. “How are you?”

 

“I feel like utter .”

 

“I’m so proud of you,” Yeri chuckled to her phone. “Care to tell me what happened?”

 

“I just got really drunk, obviously. Went out with my friends,” Chanyeol grumbled. “Anyway, how are you? I miss you, my adorable little sister,” Chanyeol smiled to himself, stretching his arms until he felt a dull ache on his shoulder. “What the ?!”

 

“What is it?” Yeri asked, worried. Chanyeol located the pain from his body – his right shoulder, where a bandage was on.

 

“,” Chanyeol muttered. “I got a tattoo last night.”

 

“Holy , no way,” Yeri replied, shocked. “NO WAY.”

 

“I did,” Chanyeol smirked. He was proud of himself. “Anyway, how are you?”

 

“Are you not reading the news? Well, mom and dad are just going around the country,” Yeri sighed. “They’re still actively looking for you, by the way. But I guess Jongin is too good. And I am using the burner phone Jongin asked me to use if I were to call you. Talk about paranoid.”

 

“Well, Jongin’s great at his job.”

 

“Uni’s fine. But honestly I’m just excited for you, and I can’t wait to hear everything. But maybe not today, because you sound terrible.”

 

“I know,” Chanyeol groaned. “News about me?”

 

“When you search Chanyeol, it’s the usual. Just casual updates from the Palace that you’re going around the world if they were asked. Trying not to make it too obvious they have no idea where you are,” Yeri laughed. “Anyway, I’ll talk to you later. Get some medicine, please. And congrats on the tat. I am proud of you, you know? And maybe I miss having an annoyingly responsible older brother. But only a bit.”

 

“Take care always, Yeri, love you,” Chanyeol hung up. He may have a complicated relationship with his parents, but he appreciated his sister a whole lot. He never wanted her to feel the same weight the Royal family imposed on him. He was sure Yeri still felt it – she’s still a princess, after all – but he still tried his best, and he hoped that he helped her even just by a little bit.

 

Chanyeol’s head continued to ache, and he stood up just to get some meds for his hangover. He went back to sleep soon, oblivious to what he revealed to his ‘good friend’ last night.

 

 

Wendy woke up from her deep sleep, thankful that she never got hangovers no matter how much she drank the night before. Her stomach grumbled, and she got up to get some cereals and milk from their fridge to have some breakfast. Seulgi was probably still in her own room, sleeping soundly.

 

Wendy poured some cereals and milk into her bowl and refreshed her memories from last night. Seulgi forcing her into something nice, for once (she felt great). Chad looking at her weirdly (or maybe she was just projecting?). Seulgi and Kai’s PDA (honestly tolerable, but still... ick). Taking shot after shot after shot (maybe wasn’t a great idea). Steph Curry lookalike in a Lakers shirt (could’ve been her dream man). Steph Curry lookalike getting handsy with her, and her sobering up (she tried to get his hands off her, but he wouldn’t budge). Chad suddenly showing up by her side (she was thankful... she knew she could’ve handled it if she were more sober, but that wasn’t the case, so she was just... grateful for Chad). Chad clinging onto her (he was... built). Chad getting a tattoo (monkey emoji at that, and Wendy giggled). Trying to figure out where Chad lived (the house was gorgeous). Chad telling his real name.

 

What was it again? Wendy thought to herself. Chan... Chanyeol!

 

Wendy got curious. Chad (or Chanyeol) knew that her Korean name was Seungwan, yet he never mentioned his to her until last night. Maybe that was just him being secretive? Not everyone was easy to open up to other people, anyway. But the way he was guarded felt different from other people...

 

Wendy decided to look his name up on google – Chad Lee, Chanyeol Lee – out of curiosity. Well, nothing showed up except for some linkedin pages of doctors and executives named the same. She clicked on the images search tab and saw some weird twitter display pictures, and she continued scrolling down. A few seconds later, Wendy gasped audibly.

 

Pictures of Chad in formal wear, in traditional and very elegant-lookinghanbok... there were thousands of photos on google. She clicked on one image and directed herself to a website.

 

Prince Harry’s married now but fret not: here are five bachelor princes you don’t know about!

 

Wendy continued to read up until she reached the last ‘bachelor prince’ in the article.

 

5. Chanyeol Park

This 27-year old Prince from South Korea is the heir to the throne held by his father, King Sungwoo. Not only is he famous for his royal blood, but also his good looks. It doesn’t end there: he graduated from Seoul National University (the top university in South Korea) and completed his master’s degree in Development in the London School of Economics (swoon!). Rumors say that the Royal Family is planning a wedding next year. If those rumors were true, we still have no idea to who the lucky girl is (or if she even exists at the moment), so we still have a chance!

 

Wendy’s mouth was still agape.

 

Chad? A prince?!

 

What the ?! How does she not know this?!

 

She continued to google more about the Korean Royal Family – embarrassed that she, Wendy Son, a Korean-American, had no clue she was working with the ing prince. She defended herself in her mind: she got so caught up with her studies in college and working... but in the end, she saw no valid excuses. How did she not know this?! How did Seulgi not know?! Or maybe Chad just happened to look so much like the Prince, and they shared the same name. (When Wendy thought that, she realized how dumb it sounded. Chad – Chanyeol is the prince.)

 

Just at the right time, Seulgi entered the door to their apartment carefully, probably thinking Wendy was still asleep.

 

“KANG SEULGI!” Wendy shouted. She was still processing everything in her head. Who was Kai then?! “Oh my ing god.”

 

“Wait, you’re here and awake?! What’s wrong?!” Seulgi hurriedly took a seat beside her friend on their couch.

 

“Chad... last night—”

 

“Oh my god. YOU SLEPT WITH HIM. I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT WAS GONNA HAPPEN—” Seulgi was jumping up and down, happy for her best friend, when she got interrupted.

 

“NO!” Wendy pulled Seulgi back down to their couch. “I would never!”

 

“Sure,” Seulgi laughed. “But what happened?”

 

“We didn’t sleep last night, okay?” Wendy rolled her eyes.

 

“It’s just that one moment you were with Steph then I saw Chad approach then you two left,” Seulgi shrugged. “What was I supposed to think?!”

 

“That I didn’t sleep with a co-worker and a dear friend,” Wendy said, as if stating the obvious. “Anyway... he was so drunk, and—”

 

“Did he try to do anything to you? Wendy, I swear—”

 

“He didn’t!” Wendy blushed. “He wouldn’t.”

 

“Well then what happened?! You wouldn’t tell me—”

 

“Because you keep interrupting,” Wendy laughed.

 

“Fine, sorry. Go ahead.”

 

“Anyway, to cut the story short, we Uber-ed to his house because he was soooo drunk and I was worried... good thing his addre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter