Surprise

The Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coming back from his date with Wendy, Chanyeol went straight to Jongin’s apartment, eager to share the story of how his date with Wendy went. He knocked, and Jongin was always quick to answer them (since who else would knock on his door at an ungodly hour except for his boss and best friend, Chanyeol)?

 

“So? I’m guessing your date went great,” Jongin teased Chanyeol as he opened the door for him, with Chanyeol entering the apartment.

 

“Well, yeah,” Chanyeol smiled.

 

“Wow, you’re whipped,” Jongin laughed and patted Chanyeol’s back.

 

“She told me we didn’t need a third date. She just agreed to be my girlfriend,” Chanyeol said, grinning by himself.

 

“Oh god, I didn’t know Wendy could be that cheesy,” Jongin mimicked a vomiting sound.

 

“Oh shut it, we had to endure your antics with Seulgi,” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

“Speaking of Seulgi, I’m pretty sure she’ll be demanding a double date,” Jongin laughed.

 

“For sure,” Chanyeol chuckled with Jongin.

 

“I love her, but sometimes I wonder where she gets her energy to do so many things at once,” Jongin said. “But I think she’s crammed for the next two or three weeks, so our double date might be delayed. My god, it’s freaking me out how much I know her.”

 

“That’s what love does to you,” Chanyeol teased his best friend.

 

“You’re teasing me as if you’re not the same with Wendy,” Jongin answered back playfully. Jongin’s phone suddenly buzzed, and he checked his phone to see a text from Seulgi: HOLY !!! Knew they would end up together. <3 anyway double date next next next week I wanna do it as soon as I can but u know my sched… but it has to happen already forced wendy to agree!! Love you sleep tight J

 

“Well, that’s settled, I guess,” Chanyeol laughed.

 

“It’s great to see you laughing and happy, Chanyeol. I’m not kidding,” Jongin said seriously. “It’s been a while since I saw you like this.”

 

“This really wouldn’t happen without your help. And Yeri’s. And Wendy’s. And my parents still not finding me. Which is mostly, again, thanks to you,” Chanyeol responded. “. I don’t even want to think about my time left yet til I have to go back to Korea. What? Six months?”

 

“Look. We’ll all figure it out when we get there,” Jongin said. “Wendy knows, right?”

 

“I haven’t told her…” Chanyeol admitted, and Jongin suddenly sat straight.

 

“I hate to be that friend, but you have to tell her. She should know what she’s getting into. I mean, she already knows you’re the prince, and she probably has an idea that you can’t keep this up forever… but she has no idea you only have like half a year to stay…”

 

“I know. , I know,” Chanyeol sighed and put his face on his palms.

 

“But don’t dwell on it too much right now. You deserve to celebrate. And prepare for the double date.”

 

 

Three weeks later

 

Wendy and Chanyeol continued to spend more time together, usually going out for dinner, movies, or just staying at Chanyeol’s to binge some television series. They learned more about each other – Wendy hating ketchup on anything and Chanyeol wanting to drown anything he eats in ketchup; their shared love for Mexican food especially tamales; Wendy’s habit of fidgeting with her fingers – with Chanyeol stopping her when he notices it.

 

But Chanyeol still couldn’t find the perfect time to tell his girlfriend that he was only staying in LA for around five to six months more. One time they were walking to Wendy’s place from the cinema, Chanyeol tried to bring the topic up, but Wendy kept talking about how she feels music so much the past few months, and how she’ll write songs soon. He was so glad for her, seeing her so happy with what she was going to do – that he forgot about what he was supposed to say entirely (his fault, really).

 

The second time he attempted to bring it up, they were on his couch watching Breaking Bad. He was already preparing himself, even brought himself to say that he had something important to tell Wendy. When he looked down to his girlfriend, she was already fast asleep on his shoulder.

 

Which brings them to their double date with Seulgi and Jongin. Today, I’m telling her today, Chanyeol told himself.

 

Wendy and Chanyeol were already at the bowling alley, patiently waiting for their two best friends for their double date, which was “extremely delayed” in Seulgi’s words. They were already wearing their bowling gloves and shoes, prepared to destroy (Wendy’s words) Seulgi and Jongin. Chanyeol was confident in his bowling skills – it’s one ‘sport’ he excelled at (aside from basketball), but he was nervous about telling about the six months left thing to Wendy.

 

“Look, Wendy, I have something to tell—”

 

“GUYS!” Seulgi exclaimed as she approac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter