Water is Wet

It's As Easy As It Sounds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie breathed deeply as she paced around the bedroom, processing everything that had just transpired. The irritable thumping had resumed, its pace matching her footsteps.

 

Why did Jisoo look so… different?

 

The younger girl knew Jisoo was always pretty, beautiful even. She was the visual of Blackpink for a reason. But at that moment, she seemed ethereal despite just being in simple oversized shirt. She wasn’t even wearing any make up even, but that only made her look even more bewitching in Jennie’s eyes.

 

Beyond Jisoo’s looks however, was just like peering into the sky, Jennie pondered. Her eyes were like stars that twinkled with joy and ambition, dreams that Jennie was sure Jisoo could reach in time. Her laughter was like the sun that radiated warmth whenever gentle chuckles would escape her lips. Jisoo was like the galaxy. You would never know what was coming, you would never know what lied within, but every new discovery felt like landing on the moon for the first time.

 

All of these things Jennie could attest to, and anyone who had known Jisoo like she did would’ve agreed. She was certain of it. They were undeniable facts, just like how water is wet.

 

Jennie had suddenly stopped pacing, with her heart finally relaxing. A goofy grin was plastered on Jennie’s face as everything had finally dawned upon her. It was as if everything had clicked into place. She chuckled, hoping that she’d remember to apologize to Lisa later.

 

“I’ll shoot for the moon,” Jennie muttered to herself, not caring if she landed on the stars. Anywhere that was near her galaxy was good enough.

 

* * *

 

Jisoo had just finished preparing a bubble bath for herself when the bathroom door slammed open. The eldest quickly turned around to see who had just entered so suddenly, but slipped as she did. In a flash Jennie was in front of her, her hand grasping her arm. Instinctively Jisoo had accidentally pulled the younger closer, causing her to lose balance as well. With both of their eyes widening, Jisoo quickly wrapped an arm around Jennie’s waist while Jennie wrapped her free arm around Jisoo as they fell.

 

The water splashed loudly as it spilled over the bathtub. The two bodies squirmed in the tight space, trying to resurface and move into a better position.

 

When Jisoo had finally come to her senses, she had realized two things.


One, Jennie was laying on top of her, head nuzzled into her chest.


Two, Jennie stopped what could have been a fatal hit, as her hand clutched protectively behind her head, taking most of the impact as her head would have hit the edge of the tub had it not been for Jennie's hand.

 

“Jendeukie,” Jisoo called, fighting the urge to stare and let her heart pound like crazy. She reached out to move Jennie’s hair away from her face. The younger groaned as she moved to look at her unnie.

 

“Are you okay?” The eldest asked, as her eyes checked what she could see of Jennie in case she was hurt in any way.

 

“I think I should be asking you that,” Jennie replied as she chuckled weakly. “I’m sorry for scaring you earlier. How is your head?” The younger asked as she Jisoo’s head softly, checking for any injuries.

 

“It’s fine,” Jisoo said as she reached for Jennie’s hand. “How’s your hand?” She asked as she grasped the hand behind her head, bringing it into view.

 

“My knuckles sting a bit, but I’ll be fine,” Jennie replied, trying her best not to wince as Jisoo her reddened knuckles gently.

 

“What were you doing anyway?” Jisoo asked, her eyes still trained on the younger’s swollen knuckles.

 

“Oh,” Jennie said softly, recalling why she had sprinted and slammed the bathroom door open so suddenly.

 

Jisoo switched her gaze to look at Jennie instead of her knuckles.

 

She then realized her mistake.

 

Jennie was looking at her with such soft eyes. She’d only seen that enchanting gaze on the younger girl twice. The first being the time when she had cried over Jennie’s sprained ankle. It was funny, really, Jisoo was supposed to be the one comforting her since she had been the one to be injured during their concert. However Jisoo had ended up crying herself, and Jennie comforted her as she iced her best friend’s injured ankle. The second time was when they were playing with Dalgom and Kuma, and that soft gaze was directed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter