Coming Out

It's As Easy As It Sounds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the day.



Yup, it definitely should be today. Jisoo thought. She'd been putting this off since forever. After weeks of hard work, Blackpink finally had some downtime, and Jennie was nowhere to be found… Not that she didn’t like her presence. In fact, it was quite the opposite. The moment Jisoo had seen Jennie walk into the training room was the day she fell…hard.

 

Jisoo kind of wished she didn’t, she wished she didn’t fall for a girl so she could be normal , fall for Jennie Kim of all people when she had to focus on becoming an idol, but she also knew that she wouldn’t have it any other way. It was quite confusing.

 

Especially since Jennie Kim had not only become her long time crush, (and quite possibly her only crush, ever) but also her best friend.

 

It kind of .

 

So naturally, the eldest of the group supposed there was no better time to just come out and say it to the people she could trust the most, which were Lisa and Chaeyoung. They had always been very supportive of her decisions, no matter how stupid they may be. She hoped they’d still see her the same way. Jisoo had heard and seen enough of the ‘Things That Happen When You’re Gay.’

 

Most of these things weren’t that pretty. And these not-so-pretty things resulted from only saying two words:



I'm gay.



That's it. Coming out was that simple, if only she weren't so anxious about it. Her friends were better than that, Jisoo knew, but she couldn’t help but worry.



"Come on, Jisoo," The idol encouraged herself.



"You've done stupider things than this, and it was on live TV too!" She continued, her own reflection staring right back at her.



Everything and everyone's she's asked so far have all told her to just come out and say it. But it's definitely easier said than done. But Jisoo can't back out now. She knew she could hide her ual orientation from the public with her laughter and magical finger guns that made the crowd go wild, but Jisoo knew she couldn't hide from her bandmates any longer.



She took a deep breath and headed towards the living room. Closing her eyes, she prepared herself for the worst.



"So... I'm gay," Jisoo said, her fists tightly clenched as she prepared for impact.



"And water is wet," Lisa quipped as she reached into her bowl for more popcorn, her eyes remained glued to the screen as she did.



"So when are you confessing to Jennie unnie?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter