006

If It Was Written In Our Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

The sun is orange that day as it sets, but it’s not bright, colourful orange like he used to see in TV. It’s a dull, gloomy orange, like it’s sad to leave this other part of the Earth and move to the other one.

Jungkook helped Poppy to climb and sit on a boulder nearby the edge of the sea, where they can get a clear view of the sunset and hang out after a long walk at the beach.

That evening, he could see her laugh a lot, and so does he, as they listened through their thoughts and dreams, and desires, and how much they would like to make a difference in the world with their own way; Jungkook by his pictures and Poppy by her pen. Jungkook found it interesting when she also shared the same thought about how the world works, and how toxic some people could be, like how unfair the politicians had been to the people, or how naively the people thought about police meanwhile they robbed their money, and rights. At times, he would find it hard to believe that there’s still a woman that could enjoy being free and independent, but at second thought, he would think that he’s the luckiest guy in the world because he has found one.

Sometimes they would remain silent when there’s nothing to talk about, or they’re done talking about something, and only the sound of the waves coming back and forth from the sea, hitting the edge with a splash, and Jungkook felt the sound is very peaceful  and almost therapeutic, he would glance at Poppy silently. At how calm she was doing nothing. Sometimes, the windy breeze would hit her face gently, and her soft hair strands were blown away, revealing her slender neck and her porcelain skin and he thought, she was very beautiful that day.

He knows he has been hard on girls these past few weeks, and it’s just unfair to say that suddenly he fell for her, but there’s just something about Poppy that couldn’t stop him thinking about her. Every day. When she’s around, he couldn’t help but to feel excited, and his chest would make this loud thump noise his ear could only hear and he would become nervy. And every day he would always find a way to impress her.

It was nearly dusk, and the sky already turns into a purple dusty hue, when there’s suddenly a band of musician, bringing their viola, and bringing in a few waltz songs, which then attracts a few couple of tourists there, as they then danced through the song. Jungkook looked at them –a couple in their mid- 60’s- and it suddenly reminded him of that couple Poppy once brought him to see them,

Please log in to read the full chapter