005

If It Was Written In Our Star
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jungkook put on a white t shirt and a loosened button pale red shirt on his slender body, and he paired his outfit with long straight cut khaki jeans that he bought on a factory sale last weekend. As he settled his wardrobe in the mirror, he went to his desk and grabbed his camera.

Today, he was bringing along his travel camera, one that he rarely uses. He was saving it for a road trip or when he’s travelling. The travel camera focused more on producing aesthetic pictures, the features are slightly the same as the DSLR but he didn’t want to go premium in this outing; that’s for his professional career only. Quickly, he grabbed the travel camera out of its bag, and slings the strap on his neck.

It took less than 45 minutes to reach the subway if he walks, but he’d no idea why he chooses to ride a cab. Probably because his saving his energy up for later. Turns out, choosing the cab is totally the wrong idea; they got stuck in traffic and it dragged for like 15 minutes to reach the subway, which making him regret not going by walk.

He hurriedly sauntered down the stairs and as he reached the station, his eyes keenly searched for Poppy’s figure, which then abruptly, she called him from behind and Jungkook looked back.

“you were panting,” she snickered, as she approached him. She flashed a bogus smile and raised her eyebrow looking at him; the look on her face as if she’s saying ‘Look at you running’ and Jungkook is clueless if that means she’s touched because he tries to make it on time or because she knew he’s trying to put the treat on her. Not that he’s cheap, but Poppy had said yesterday the one who’s late had to buy drinks and that sounded more like a competition to him and hell yeah, in a competition, Jungkook hated it so much if he loses.

She seemed relaxed, her breath is light, Jungkook guessed she must’ve arrived here 10 minutes earlier or even less than that, and he assumed he already loses. “so,  drinks on me,”

Her faux smile slowly turns into a smug, and Jungkook perplexed looked at her. “why would you?” she sounded vague as she asked, her grin still remains.

Jungkook giggled, as he slowly gets the picture, “so I win?”

“apparently,” she skeptically answered. “but we still got a long journey so….. rules couldn’t be abide,”

 Jungkook chuckled, “alright, for as long as I win,”

There weren’t so many people in the train when they got in, but as it stopped at certain point, the train got loaded up and congested. People started to fill in, and occupied every empty space in the coach, so Jungkook and Poppy had no choice but to stand closer to each other in order to provide more space.

Jungkook could smell her scented magnolia perfume as she was just a few inches from him; mild and sweet and addictive. And he liked it. It was a blessed 35 minutes of riding subway.

They both headed to the West Coast, where there’s a famous beach called Sunnyside. Jungkook used to go there when he’s still in college, because it’s just a hop and a skip away from his dorm, plus the boys love to play volleyball on the sand. But he was never that good at volley though; he would just watch them and play whenever there’s a vacancy.

Poppy would smile to him whenever their eyes would meet and Jungkook tried not to look down at her as possible as he could, but it’s hard not to, because every time she would move to tuck some of her hair strands on her ear, or when she raised her dangling wrist to look at the time, the corner of his eyes would never miss to catch it, and it frustratingly bothering him couldn’t see what she’s doing and he couldn’t help but to steal a glance on her, secretly.

And that makes him wanted to punch himself in the face, for thinking that the feeling would go away once he caught a glimpse of her, but it never will. And it drives him mad even more, thinking they are on their way to the beach together, does it means anything to their relationship? Should he feel or think that way? He admitted he’s confused, confused if she also could feel anything, or nothing at all, because the look on her face was difficult to read. And he’s also not the type to rock a boat.

“can you take my picture?” Poppy asked, as she slowly took a few step in front of him and turned back. “here,” she said, facing him the opposite way. She raised both of her hands up in the air, as if she’s trying to catch a ball, and flashed her straight shiny teeth.

Jungkook took

Please log in to read the full chapter