Just a start.

Gratitude

Foreword : New chapter is out smiley Enjoy reading~

“Noona…wake up,it’s time for school!”

“Mmm..Just a little while more,5 more minutes?”

“Urgh, I want you to walk me to school! I don’t want to be alone today!”  Hyun woo complained.

Hye Mi has 2 younger brothers – Hyun Woo, 12 years old and Hyun Joong  , 13 years old. They have a very close sister-brother relationship because most of the time Hye Mi was the one who took care of them when they were very young.  Even though sometimes life can be very tough, just thinking of her two lovely brothers and her parents are enough to make her endure whatever sufferings she encountered and continue to strive the best for the family.

========= At the breakfast table ===============

*Yawns*

“Noona, didn’t you get enough sleep?  You know, your dark circles are popping out!” Hyun Joong teased.

“I always have sufficient sleep time, but this time round I can’t and you know that.”

Hye Mi usually spends her free time sleeping away because she has a part-time job, as a florist’s assistant near the flower shop just two streets away from the school. But ever since she met Yoseob, she neglected her job every week just to chat with him or even catch a glimpse of him while he’s playing basketball with his friends. However this can’t continue forever because she needs money. And thinking of it, she hasn’t find out a reason why she should just skip her job like that because of a guy.

She continued “ I received a call from Lisa yesterday at 10pm, pleading me to help her with the large orders she received due to a Wedding ceremony which is going to be held 2 days from now.  So we worked till 3AM and that is why you can see my dark circles are coming out. I’m sad about it too!”

She didn’t tell her brothers that she did not work for almost 2 months. She felt guilty a little bit. Not attending work…because of a guy? Seriously. This might be the worst excuse she can think of. But luckily enough, she still have some savings left to do some grocery shopping for the whole family.

“You should take care of yourself Noona, if you don’t feel well, don’t work. If you fall sick, we will be really worried, especially Mom and Dad. You knew how guilty they were when you chose to stay in Korea instead of heading there” Hyun Joong commented.

Even though Hyun Joong is only 13 years old, he knows everything…everything that is going on right now.  Hyun Woo might be a little dense about things happening around him but he is not that stupid to not realize the on-going situation. So they study really hard at school just to make their sister and parent feel proud of them.  They know that Hye Mi definitely would not let them have a part-time job to earn some cash because of the financial crisis within the family. She already warned them not to create unnecessary troubles if possible.  She made sure she brought up her 2 brother well.

“I get it, don’t worry my lovely brothers. You guys just have to do well in your studies ok? Don’t worry about other things. I promise, when you guys grow up you can do anything you want but as for now just be a good student for your teacher, a good brother for your sister and a good son for Mom and Dad, Get it?” Hye Mi questioned.

“Yes Ma’am! We have to leave now or else we will REALLY be very late!” Hyun Woo waved his arms frantically.

 A 20 -minutes morning talk among the siblings seemed to pass very fast on this particular day.

After helping to pack the lunch boxes for her brothers, grooming their attires, making sure they didn’t missed out anything, Hye Mi accompanied them to their common school gate and then send them off.

Today feels….great.” Hye Mi thought to herself as she strolled back home.

=================== Back at Hye Mi’s home==============================

“Ah, you are back.” The lady said, as she flashed a smile towards Hye Mi who had just stepped into the house and locking the door.

“Mom, why are you up so early? You should get some sleep. It’s only 8AM.”

“It’s alright my sweetie, I woke up early just to brew some herbal soup for your Dad. You know how much he hates the food that the hospital serves, but aren’t you supposed to have school today?” Hye Mi’s mother asked.

“Yes, I have. But the class starts in the afternoon so for me to go now is still too early. I think I need to replenish some sleep first so I have the energy to pay attention” Hye Mi joked.

“Ok...Get some sleep then. I will wake you up when it’s time.”

Having said that, Hye Mi proceeds to her room and set her alarm clock to go off at 12 noon.  Hopefully when she wakes up…her headache will go away.

================ Yoseob’s classroom====================================

Yoseob’s POV:

Ah! Damn it! Damn it! Why did she have to appear during that time of the….NIGHT?! She sure misunderstood what was going on between me and Min Su L

----End of POV----

*Knock Knock* (on Yoseob’s table)

 “Look what I found here, I think you will like it and thank me!” She exclaimed.

“Alright, let’s see what you got here. Better not be some mathematical problem sums again. I don’t have the studious mood today.”

Walking over to the study table where Min Su placed the “article” and glanced through it, one by one.

“HOLY SH*T, WHERE DID YOU GET THEM?!” He was shocked.

“This is to make up for you. For what happened that night. I didn’t know you even have a slight interest or crush on her! Well, I got these photos one of my seniors and apparently she and Hye Mi have a very close friendship. She and Hye Mi are currently working in the same Flower shop as part-timers. You know, the flower shop just 2 streets away from our school?”

“You mean….” Yoseob continued, “the small flower shop located at the most right-hand corner of near the alley? The one which nobody really notices and they don’t even bother to take a glance at it?”

“You are right! That’s the one! I was shocked too when I heard these. I didn’t know Hye Mi will have a part-time job, she behaves like such a … princess! And she gives off that ‘rich-girl’ aura, don’t you think so? People like her surely doesn’t need a job.” Min Su concluded.

“You are right, she does look and behaves like a princess.” Yoseob muttered.

“Excuse me, did I just hear you say something?” Min Su asked as she really couldn’t hear what he said.

“Nah nothing. So…You are giving me these? To find her? Is that so?” He guessed.

“That is completely right. You should just date her now! I mean, surprise her! Girls like surprises, dude! But I think its time for me to leave now. I need to study for the chemistry test later on, it . Bye Oppa!”

---Yoseob’s POV---

‘I feel like an idiot giggling to myself as I stared at the beautiful photos of Hye Mi. No, don’t get me wrong. It’s really beautiful! These were candid shots taken by Min Su’s senior but why does she look so beautiful even when those are candid shots! Oh dang, I should visit the shop someday. Not now perhaps, need to study for Chemistry test later on and I hope I will be able to see Hye Mi later, I have to explain everything to her!’

Having thought and planned what to do, he kept away the photos and really concentrating and focusing on the Chemistry theories.

3 more hours still I get to see her….I hope

********************************************************************

Co-Author's message : Hello *waves* How are you guys doing?  Hope you will like this chapter :D We would like to thank the 7 SUBSCRIBERS! <3 And please subscribe you like our story, it will keep us motivated! Thanx alot.