Clouds Of Smoke

Path
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[...]

So here we are like we were old friends, here he was, leaning on the railing and looking over at the busy streets. Like a scene out of a movie, I tap my fingers on the cold metal and then cross my arms and like him, I lean over and stare at the street, nowhere in particular really, but I do.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see him move, his hand reaches inside his jacket, a second later I see a white and red small box clutched to his hand, cigarettes. He took one out of the box and placed it on his lips, placed the little box back on the inside of the jacket and took out a lighter. He rolled it twice before the fire came out, but he didn't light the cigarette.

"Hope you don't mind?" he asked looking over at me with the cigarette still between lips, "No," I said slowly shaking my head.

Delicately he brought the fire close to the cigarette, "So, you smoke now..." I heard myself say, his lips curved upwards as his middle and pointer finger took the cigarette out of his mouth, his lips opened slightly as a puff of smoke left his mouth. He looked over at me with a now more serene looking face, "I thought you didn't mind?"

His fingers once again brought the cigarette back to his lips as he took another drag, "I don't," I said as I waved the smoke coming my way away, I started to cough slightly, "Right," he chuckled as he turned to the streets again.

"It's soothing," he said with a smile, oh that smile, smile that I hadn't seen in years. I looked at his fingers that held the cigarette in mid-air, what is soothing about that, I asked myself, "Hey, Kibum," I called, "Why are you back?" a question that I thought wasn't of much importance, but my heart wanted to know. For years I'd wanted to know when he would be back if he would ever contact me, would I be feeling the same way I had felt all those years back?

"I'm getting married," he took another drag, "Oh," I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter