Engraved

Path
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since that day, those seconds, I can't get him...you, I can't get you off my mind. Every single day I kept going back, in hopes, hopes to see you again. It has been well over ten years and yet you still look as magnificent as you did back then. You changed, yes I admit, the maturity in your face shows, you have a sharper image than the one when we were younger. Your cheeks are no longer round and that only adds to the sharpness of your jawline.

Do you eat well? When was the last time you had a decent meal? Your figure is now slim, too slim. 

And that little girl, so beautiful. I wished she was mine, ours. Our little bundle of joy that was jumping around of happiness over Ice cream. You have done good kibum, you did well. 
 

"Brat! Are you even listening to me?!" the angry voice resonated from my phone through my ears, "Yeah," I said ever so slowly. 

The voice on the other line let out a soft sigh, "Jong, please tell me you're not back in the park?" he couldn't answer her, he felt the cold bench under his fingers, how long had he been sitting here?

"What time are you arriving in Korea?" looking around at the empty park he answered, "Midnight,"

"Midnight? Last time I asked, you said around three?" he had forgotten to let her know he had changed his flight, he wanted to come back to the park one last time. Just in case...in case he showed up again.

"Jonghyun?" her voice was soft, "Please stop drowning yourself in the past, forget him Jong-"

Ever so softly, "I can't," he said cutting her short, "I-I've tried..." his eyes started to sting, "Noona I saw him..." the memory that was now engraved inside him started to play before him, the little girl that was running too fast for her own two little feet, laughing, in just a flash she had fallen before him. Quickly to react he helped the little girl up and smiled at her ushering her to her mother. Then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter