06 - Be Mine, Valentine

Winning: a WooTae fanfic

K, so I was about to start writing this chapter at midnight (EST) but I got distracted by watching Girls' Generation's recent performances/the Boys remixes, LOL!
So I apologize that this chapter is coming out later than usual :P

Please enjoy! :)



Aigoo, after three days of being absolutely miserable, I'm finally healthy again!
I was stuck in the house for almost 72 hours! The girls barely even let me leave my room... The doctor said that I should stay indoors so that I wouldn't expose myself to the cold air. But every night, Fany would "forget" to close our bedroom window. That's why it took me so long to recover. I'm seriously getting very suspicious of her lately, she's been acting so strange!

Speaking of people who have been acting strange, Wooyoung keeps brushing me off. After cancelling our date (is it a date?), he's been really cold. Yeah, I get it, I cancelled, but GEEZ! GIVE ME A BREAK MAN! I'VE BEEN SICK! We're the same age, but sometimes he acts like a 5 year old... Besides, it's not as if he's not the only one who's disappointed.

So, I decide to call him. I'm 21 years old, and yet, I have never called a boy (besides my oppa or appa) in my entire life. Pathetic, no?

All the girls except for me and Sica went to the SM building for some extra singing lessons. While Sica is in the shower, I finally build up the courage to call him...

"Annyeong!"
"Hello, Wooyoung?"
"Taeyeon?"
"Hi, it's me." *awkward pause* "Uhh... how have you been?"
"Good, good... you don't sound very sick." he says in a dead voice. I sigh quietly. Jang Wooyoung, please stop acting like a little boy.
"Well, that's actually the reason I called you. My doctor said I'm finally allowed to leave house now, so I was thinki--"
"WAE?! You weren't even allowed to leave the house? Exactly how sick were you?
"I had a high fever for two days straight, used up a total of 6 Kleenex boxes and had a consistent headache. You know, I texted you about it but you never answered."  
"Taeyeonnie, are you okay? We don't have to go out if you don't want to. Don't feel pressured to go out if you're feeling unwell." 
Wooyoung says in a soft voice, his caring words take me off guard.
"You know Wooyoung, I was really worried that you were mad at me or something." 

After a brief silence, I hear him swear under his breath.

"Taeyeon, I'm so so sorry. There was a misunderstanding, please forgive me. I still really want to hang out with you."
"It's okay Woo, don't worry. I'm just glad to know things are okay with us. So when can we meet up?"

"Well, how about Sunday?" 
"I'm free. So at 11:30am, you'll pick me up from my dorm?" I ask playfully. He chuckles,
"That sounds like a good plan. I'll take care of everything. See you then."

Only after hanging up do I realize that Sunday is Valentine's Day.
 


Oh. My. God.

"LEE JUNHO I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" I tackle the idiot to the floor and pin him down. "POOR TAEYEON WAS EXTREMELY SICK AND YOU GAVE ME THE WORST ADVICE!"

How about I flashback to three days ago?

The morning after Taeyeon cancelled, it's safe to say I was very depressed. I never really dated in highschool, so that was my first experience asking a girl out that obviously. I was so crushed. So decided to talk to my brothers about it. Unfortunately, all of the wise hyungs were out, so my only options were Junho and Chansung. Knowing that Chansungie is still afraid of girls, I went straight to Junho.

"Wooyoung, the key to winning a girl's heart is letting her know who's in control. And who's in control? YOU are. So, this is what you have to do... Don't answer her texts. Make her feel bad about herself, it'll make her want you more. You know what, don't even read them! Just delete the messages right away."

Almost as if it was on cue, my phone rung. It tells me I hade one new message, from you guessed it, Taeyeon. I looked back and forth between Junho and the phone. He just nodded at me in a knowing way. Hesitantly, I pressed "Delete".

And that's how I made a complete idiot of myself. The rest of the guys crowded around us as I tried to strangle Jun-freaking-ho.

"Yaaaah, what did you do now Ho?" Khun asked calmly, as if he didn't even care that I was cutting off Junho's circulation. Man, I love Khunnie.
"Agggh.... I... aaaaaack... can't.... BREATHE!" I release him out of frustration and proceed to tell the guys what happened.
"Well you know Wooyoung, you should have known better not to trust this moron." Junsu said. "You know how full of bullsh*t he is." I can't help but laugh after hearing that. 

"Aissh, I guess it's okay. In the end, she said yes." They all whoop for joy and pat me warmly on the back.
"So wha--" Junho starts to say, but I cut him off.
"YOU are not allowed talking for the rest of the night, you hear me? You keep quiet before someone else gets ruined by your dumb advice."
"When are you supposed to meet her? Are you still goiing with the original plan?" Taec asks.
"Yep, same place, same time. We'll be meeting on Sunday."
"Woo... you know that's Valentine's Day, right?"

 

I am SO nervous. Today's Sunday, THE day. I finally decide to tell Sica about Wooyoung. I hate keeping secrets from the girls, but I think it would be best if I keep this a secret (besides Sica) just for now. I promise to tell them everything when I get back. Sica agrees to stay quiet about it. Man, I love Sica.

I spend the whole morning trying to figure out what to wear. The two of us finally decided on an outfit: 

I wear a feminine, light pink dress with a warm brown sweater on top. Of course, I don't forget to wear a scarf. Sica helps me with my hair and make up. It's simple and clean. No messy eyeliner or eyeshadow. I want to look like me.
(The image was HUGE, so here's the URL:
http://hairstylesarea.com/hair-pic/HLIC/48c66d076200f02d1ca6d66d3483be4b.jpg).

At exactly 11:30am, the doorbell rings. Thankfully, the girls are watching an episode of Iris, so only Sica and I hear it. 
"Have a good time Tae. Make sure you're home by suppertime." Sica gives me a kiss on the cheek and pushes me towards the front door.

I open the door, and there he stands. He's wearing a black leather jacket and holds a motorcycle helmet in the crook of his arm, and his other arm is held behind his back. Daaaaaayum, this guy looks HOT. Hoping he can't see me drool, I step outside and close the door behind me. He has a mischeivous look in his eye as he looks me up and down.

"Uhm. Hi. Wooyoung, why are you looking at me like that?" He snaps back to reality.
"Oh, uh, I was just thinking to myself that it might be uncomfortable for you to ride the bike in that skirt. You uhm, look really good by the way." I barely hear his compliment.
"Bike? As is in MOTORCYCLE?!" I almost shout.
"Yeah, er, is that okay with you? I borrowed it from Chansung... we can't take a taxi if you wa--"
"OMG I'M GONNA RIDE A MOTORCYCLE!" I squeal with delight! "I've always wanted to ride one." Wooyoung has the cutest relieved face on.
"Oh good, I thought you were gonna be too chicken..."
"Yah!" I punch him playfully on the arm.
"Before we get going, I have something for you..." He pulls out his arm from behind his back, handing me a gorgeous bouquet of roses. My jaw is wide open and he laughs at my reaction.
"Come on, let's get going! This food isn't gonna eat itself!"

He steps closer to me, stares at me with his adorable eyes and tucks my hair behind my ears. Looking down at the helmet, he says,
"Okay, helmet, you need to do your job extra well today. Make sure you do your best to protect this beautiful girl." He kisses it where my mouth would be, and places it over my head. Tapping it lightly, he asks,
"All good?" I quickly nod my head up and down, thankful that the helmet keeps him from seeing me blush so hard.

We get onto the motorcycle and speed away.

 

I never knew how good a woman's arms would feel around my waist. At one point, Taeyeon leans against my back and rests her head against my shoulder. We might get into an accident just because of her -- she's too distracting! I can't concentrate on anything but the way how she smells, the way how she hugs me tight everytime I make a turn. I bet she doesn't even know how much she drives me crazy... We ride through the busy streets of Seoul, making our way to the Han River within 15 minutes. I park the bike and we walk over to a nearby tree. We set up a blanket and begin to set out the food. I don't think I could have expected a better date.

I was so nervous before picking her up. But after sitting down and beginning to talk, all my fears are completely gone. 

She laughs like an ajhumma, and yet her voice has this beautiful calm and soothing tone to it. It explains why her singing is so angelic... What do we talk about? Everything, yet nothing at the same time. We talk about elementary school and our pre-debut days. We talk about what it's like living with 5 boys or 8 girls. We share memories from our childhoods and dreams for the future. We talk for hours and hours. I remember every single word that came out of her pretty mouth.

As the sun is beginning to set, I can see her true beauty. The sunset shines on her face, making it look like she's glowing. Those eyes, those cheeks... those lips. I am completely obsessed with those lips.

Suddenly, she says, "Thank you so much for today, Wooyoung. I had a lot of fun."
Aissh. I forgot she needs to get home. And I haven't even made a move yet! I look away, embarassed, saying, "No problem", but as soon as I look back at her, ready to go in for a kiss, she's already gotten up to fold the blanket.

Wooyoung, what is wrong with you? Why did you wait so long to make a move? Now, the oppurtunity is gone... We pack up all the things and drive back to her dorm. Once we arrive at her place, she gets off the motorcycle.

"Thank you so much, Wooyoung. If I was still sick, you would have completely cured me. Let's do this again sometime." She smiles at me holding the flowers I gave her in her arms, and I feel my heart melting. She turns to enter the house, but I grab her arm before she reaches the steps.

I draw her close and hug her tight. As we pull away, she says to me,
"Once again, thanks Wooyoung, you're a really good friend." And at that, she goes inside, leaving me stunned at the sidewalk. Did she just say 'friend'?

FRIEND?!!?!?!

 

Chapter 6 - END
 


LOOOOL poor Wooyoung. I feel so bad for him. Also, LMAO at Junho's terrible advice! I'm sure they made up afterwards though :P

So, what do you think? Leave me a comment! Short or long, it's very much appreciated!!!
Till tomorrow's update... saranghae! <3

P.S. Here's a little timeline to help you keep track of the real dates:
Sunday, January 31, 2010 - First WinWin meeting
Monday, February 2, 2010 - 1st episode
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 - 2nd episode with Hwang Jung Min (feat. Sooyoung)
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - Taeyeon gets sick
Friday, February 12, 2010 - Taeyeon recovers
Sunday, February 14, 2010 - Valentine's day (their date)