09 - Guitar Lesson

Winning: a WooTae fanfic

Once again, I apologize for not updating yesterday :(
I might as well give you guys the heads up the this weekend and next week are gonna be SUPER busy for me, so I won't be able to update as often as I'd like.
School has taken over my life D:

Lol, I'll also have you know that I almost wrote my Anthropology assignment on here as a chapter by accident.
Buhahahah talk about confusion :P

One last thing, it's been confirmed that both Girls' Generation and 2PM are performing at the Musik Bank in Vietnam on March 15th. FINALLY! Another chance for some 9PM moments? :) Let's hope for some WooTae!
 

Enjoy the chapter ~


"Good job, everyone!" Seungwoo-oppa said in a loud, happy voice. "See you all next week."
After saying good bye to Hwajung, Shinyoung and the rest of the crew, I am the only one left in the studio.

I walk back to the dressing room and begin to change out of my outfit. As the blouse is halfway off my torso, I hear the door suddenly creak open.

"YAAAAAAAH!" I scream, covering my exposed chest with my arms.
Across the room, Wooyoung stands at the doorway with a stupid look on his face. Half a second later, he quickly claps his hands over his eyes and turns away, shouting,

"Oh my gosh, Taeyeon I'm so sorry!!! I'm so so so so sorry! I swear I didn't see anything!"

After composing myself and putting on a baggy sweater, I say,
"It's okay Woo, please, just come in."

He slowly pushed the door open with his eyes on the floor and his face beet red.
"Tae... Taeyeon-noona, I'm so sorry, I thought the room was empty and I thou--"
"Woo," I say as gently as possible, "I thought I told you not to call me noona."

He looked up at me hesitantly, with pure shame and embarassment. After giving him and encouraging smile, he runs his fingers through his hair and says,
"Look, as I was leaving with the guys, I realized that I forgot my phone here. I couldn't find it in my dressing room so I decided to look in yours just in case... Tae, I didn't realize you'd still be here, let alone changing."

While he apologizes, I can't help but think about how cute he looks. His hair is all tousled because after he messed it up with his fingers. Everytime he looks up at me, he gives my those adorable puppy eyes. Also, I can't but notice that he's still blushing quite obviously.

"Wooyoung, just stop. I'm not mad, okay? Let's just pretend like it never happened. Now, you said you lost your phone, right?" I pull him by the arm and bring him to the stage.

We finally find my phone on the floor next to Seungwoo's drum kit after 10 minutes of searching. As we walk towards the lobby, I say,
"Thanks Taeyeon. You know, you really didn't have to stay and look. I would have found it eventually." She rolls her eyes.
"Don't mention it. This just means you owe me an ice cream, okay?" she replies, turning on her aegyo to the MAX by giving me a slow wink while sticking her tongue out. Making our way to the front desk, I continue to flirt with her freely now that no one else is here.

"Aigoo, giving you ice cream will make you fat, noona." I say with a smirk.
"Yah! At least my legs aren't toothpicks! Your legs are skinnier than Yoona's, you call that manly?"
"Sorry, it's just too hard to compete with your ahjumma laugh. I swear, everytime I hear you laugh I think it's my grandma coming back from the dead."
"Babo!"
"Shortie!"

30 seconds later, our playful banter turns into a poke fight.
"Yah, Kim Taeyeon, if you keep poking in the same place my arm is gonna fall off!"
"Good! I hope it does!"
"If my arm falls off, who's gonna teach you how to play guitar, hmm?"
"OH YEAH! I completely forgot about that! Are you still sure about it?" she asks, giving me an innocent look. I chuckle.
"Yes, I'm sure. We shook on it remember?"

We decide that this Thursday will be the perfect day to start. Her manager already provided her with an acoustic guitar. Since everyone but me has a schedule that day, I offer her to come over to the dorm. Her eyes go big a the suggestion.

"Are you sure?"
"For the last time Tae, yes."
"So it'll just be the two of us?" she asks. I roll my eyes to confirm when she gives me a concerned look.
"Aissh, what's with that worried face? Do I look like a to you?"
"No... but--"

"But what?" I say as I move in closer. "Are you scared I'm gonna pull a move on you?"
"Woo..." she protests, but I see a mischievous look in her eye. So I move even closer so that she's forced to put her back is against the wall. I put my hands on either side of her head, cornering her. I bring my face closer to hers
"Do you think I'd take advantage of you?" I say, barely whispering.

Our lips are just centimeters from eachother. Hoping we can pick up where we left off at the park, I lean in...

"Oi! What are you two still doing here?"

Startled, Taeyeon and I pull apart. AISSH, are you kidding me? Interrupted again? I turn around and see the tiny secretary ajhumma, sitting at the front desk.

"Get out of here before I call security!"
"But ajhumma, we just--"
"No buts! Out, out, OUT!"

We walk to the parking lot in silence. As we approach "Barry" she says,
"Do you need a lift home?" I curse to myself.
"No, but thank you for the offer. Chansung left his bike for me to bring home."
"Ah." she says, disappointed. "Well, I guess I'll see you Thursday then." She puts out her hands, offering a goodbye hug. Of course, I accept it, and we stand in the parking lot, just the two of us, embracing eachother. Reluctantly, I pull away.

"Till Thursday."

Thankfully, all the boys are asleep when I get home, so I don't have to worry about being harassed with questions of Taeyeon. As I lie in bed, I think about what happened in the dressing room.

I lied when she asked me if I had seen anything or not. It's true that I had no idea she was in there, but when I opened the door... I did see something. It was only for a couple seconds, but it was definitely something. I saw the smooth, pale skin of her back. I saw her bare, flat stomach. I also saw her panicked face, and that's when I stoppped looking. 

Thanks to that minor peep show, I stay up all night, just thinking about her. 

I'm so excited, but so nervous at the same time! It's Thursday, the first day Wooyoung will be giving me guitar lessons. I park outside the 2PM dorm, and walk up to the door.

"Annyeong! Come in, the door's open!" I hear him call from inside the house. When I enter, I see him in the process of moving two stools from the kitchen to the dining room. His guitar is leaning on its stand and the coffeetable has been cleared.

"Did you bring the sheet music?" he asks. I hold up the bundle of paper in reply.

The first lesson consists of learning about the different strings and tabs. I can tell by the impressed look on Wooyoung's face that I'm picking it up pretty quick.

"Good job, Taeyeon. You're a really fast learner! I guess we can move on to some simple chords now.  This," he continues, re-positioning his fingers, "Is a G chord." He strums his guitar and a sweet, true note comes out. I try to copy him, but all I hear is an ugly twaaang. He chuckles as he watches me struggle with the positioning.

"Aissh. Here, let me show you." He gets off his stool and comes over to mine. Reaching around my back, he places his left hand over mine on the neck of the guitar. With his right hand, he gently hold mine, with the pick still in my fingers. My heartbeat begins to race.

"Ahh, now I see the problem. You're not pressing the strings down hard enough." Positioning his fingers on top of mine, he applies more pressure and guides my right hand to strum. A beautiful G note escapes the guitar.

"Wow, I did it!" I say, completely surprised. Wooyoung just laughs.
"Don't get too big-headed Tae, you've still got a long way to go! Keep practicing."

After 10 minutes of playing the exact same chord (with a 50% success rate, woot!), my fingers begin to ache.

"Aigoo... Wooyoung, are my fingers supposed to hurt this much?"
"It's normal for a beginner since you haven't developped any calluses yet. Here, let me see." He takes my hand and raises it closer to see. One by one, he brushes the tips of my fingers with his own. The pain is still there, but every time our fingers meet, I feel a blast of heat go through my body.
Out of nowhere, he pulls my hand to his lips, and kisses each of my fingers one by one.

"Better?" he asks coyly. Without waiting for me to reply, he gets up to the kitchen. Still dazed from the pecks he just gave me, I don't say anything. He returns soon after, with a 1L tub of chocolate ice cream and two spoons.

"Good job today, Taeyeon. Here's your ice cream, just like you said."

 

Chapter 9 - END


LOL, sorry for that lame ending! I'm so sleepy... off to bed I go! 
Please comment :D