08 - Secret in the Park

Winning: a WooTae fanfic

Hi everyone! :)
So the past few comments have been giving me HUGE boosts of confidence.
You guys are seriously the best :3

I apologize for missing my update yesterday. I'm drowning in schoolwork :(((
I got most of it done today, so hopefully I can keep updating each day. (Keep your fingers crossed!)

On to the story... this is the chapter I've been absolutely ITCHING to write!
I'm going to be making direct quotes from the episode which will be underlined.

Here's the link to the english subbed episode 3: http://ithetimes.wordpress.com/2011/01/12/eng-sub-100216-kbs2-win-win-ep-3-2pm/
and episode 4 (with 2AM): http://ithetimes.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/eng-sub-100223-kbs2-win-win-ep-4-2pm-2am/

I suggest you watch it after reading this, so you can pick up the references more easily ;)
(I take no credit for the subs/upload by the way.)

Hope you enjoy! :)


As we walk down the stairs, she looks back at me and smiles shyly.
"Wooyoung, I'd like you to meet my car, Barry."

I look in the direction that she is pointing at and notice the 1990 Cheverolet Beretta for the first time. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that it's the ugliest car I've ever seen in my life. And yet, it completely suits Taeyeon for some reason... I look back and forth between her and the car. I can tell by the look on her face that she's really self-concious of "Barry", so I walk straight up to the car, bow 90 degrees and say,

"Hello, Barry-ajhusshi, it's nice to meet you." After hearing my little introduction, Taeyeon bursts into her adorable ahjhumma laugh to match her ancient car. Her laugh dies down, and looks me straight in the eye. With a sly grin, she says,

"Hmmm, I wonder if you were that respectful to all your past girfriend's parents."
"... I've never had a girlfriend before." I admit, looking away embarrassed. 

Sure, I had a few "girlfriends" in highschool, but they certainly don't count. None of them were serious enough to last more than one week. We look at eachother, both searching for eachother's reactions. She smiles and replies,
"Cool, I've never had a girlfriend either." she winks coyly and as I laugh, she continues, "Come on, let's get going. I'm starving!" She gets into the driver's seat while I go around and enter the passenger seat.

Not wanting the playful banter to end, I ask in a fake worried way,
"Hey Taeyeon, are you sure this thing is even safe to drive? Barry seems as if he's going to collapse into a hundred pieces by the time we reach the end of the block!"
"Babo!" she answers, hitting me lightly with her fist. "Just put on your seat belt." She revs the engine and we speed away.

Five words: Taeyeon. drives. like. a. MANIAC. I realize within two seconds that she's driving manual, not automatic. "Barry" lunges forward everytime she switches gears. I try to keep the groans from escaping my mouth. She finally pulls over after 10 minutes of torture that felt like ten YEARS. Only after stumbling out of the car and taking a few deep breaths do I examine my surroundings.

Barry is parked underneath a huge oak tree, about 5 meters away from... a children's park?
"Uhhh... Taeyeon? Where did you say we were going to eat again?"
"Come on!" she shouts excitedly, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the swingset. 

Kim Taeyeon is holding my hand. I am experiencing ULTIMATE bliss!

As we get closer to the swings, I notice a little ajhusshi standing next to a cart. Taeyeon brings us closer. Up close, I see that the man is blind.

"Good evening, ahjusshi. How are you?"
"Is that my Taeyeon?" he asks, reaches out for her hand. She lets go of mine and gives to him right away. I try not to be too jealous of the blind grandpa, but a little huff escapes my lips.
"Omo! Did you bring someone with you here today?"
"Yeah, yeah. This is Wooyoung." She takes my hand again, but this time, she places it in his. His hand is wrinkled and old, but I feel a friendly warmth in the handshake.
"Nice to meet you." I say humbly.
"My, what a strong grip! Looks like you caught yourself a nice boyfriend, hmm?"
"Well... that's not how --" she begins, but gets interrupted.
"Nonsense, nonsense. I can see a good couple when I see one." he winks in our general direction with one clouded eye. "You two must be hungry. Here, take these, on the house.

He opens his cart and pulls out four steaming hot dogs and two cans of Coke. 

"I'll leave you two alone now, have a nice night!" he says, pushing his cart away while whistling a happy tune.
"Thanks ajhusshi!" Taeyeon calls behind him.

We slowly walk back to her car in silence. She hands me the food while she reaches into her car and pulls out two blankets. Smiling at me, she says,
"Let's go sit! I know the perfect place." We continue to walk across the park.

Aissh... with both our hands full, I can't make a move and reach for her hand. Sigh, I guess the moves will have to wait. We reach the top of a small hill, and out of nowhere she plops onto the ground and spreads one of the blankets onto the grass. Motioning for me to sit, I settle down next to her.

While we munch on the hotdogs, I ask her about the little ahjusshi.

"Ah, I still remember the first day I met him." says Taeyeon.
"It was the first day the girls and I moved into the dorm. I was already homesick, so I asked permission to explore the area for a bit. Since we were unknown then, the PD said it was fine. Aigoo, I was so depressed back then. I took out my sadness by walking. I walked and walked and walked until I came to this park.

It was completely empty, except for that ahjusshi, standing in the exact same spot. I ignored him and sat down on that swing over there, and began to cry. Even though I was excited to debut, I missed my family so much. And the pressure of being the leader of eight girls, EIGHT girls! I sobbed for a good 5 minutes, when I heard the sound of squeaky wheels. The ajhusshi held out a hotdog and a can of Coke and told me to tell him all about it. If I hadn't felt so lonely, I probably would have just walked away from that stranger, but I took the food and told him all my troubles.

Ever since that day, I've come to him just to talk. Not once has he told me something about himself. Instead, he just listens..."
"Wow. That's a pretty amazing story."
"Mmm, he's very special to me."
"So the girls know him then?"
"Well, actually... they don't. I've brought them to this park several times before, but I've only ever seen him when I was by myself."
"Really?"
"Yup! In fact, the girls don't even know he exists..."
"
Waah. I feel so honored!" Taeyeon giggles.
"I can tell he likes you. He's never smiled that big before."

I wasn't planning on the ahjusshi to be here tonight. Originally, I only wanted to stop by so we could play for a few minutes before moving to a fancy restaurant. But this feels much nicer.

There's another reason why the girls don't know about my special person. It's because I never wanted them to know. The ajhusshi and I, it was our own little secret. And yet... him meeting Wooyoung just felt so right. I guess this secret will be between the three of us now.

Just like our first date, the conversation came so naturally. We continue talking for the next couple hours. When the sunset fades to black, he cover us both with the blanket. Half my leg is still exposed to the cold air, so I instinctively move in closer. Our shoulders touch, but we keep talking as if nothing happened.
Then our elbows.
Knees.
Feet.
Every inch of space between us has been closed. My heart races, but I try not to let on that my heart is pounding like crazy.

Sooner rather than later, my head ends up resting on his shoulder. Our breathing is in perfect sync. Heat radiates between our bodies. I close my eyes, enjoying the moment.

"Taeyeon, look up!" I open my eyes again, and turn them upward.

Stars. Hundreds of thousands of stars fill the night sky. Each one seems to be twinkling its' brightest just for us.

"Taeyeon..." Wooyoung repeats my name, in a huskier tone. I remove my head from his shoulder reluctantly and look up at him.

In no time at all, our faces are an inch apart. I feel his warm breath on my skin. At a snail's pace, we move closer and closer, until our lips tare about to tou--

*DRIIIIIIIING!!!*

We jump apart, startled at the sudden noise. I look down and see my phone screaming at me that I have 1 new message. AIIIIIISH!!!! Who could have picked the worst moment to text me?!

"Your um... phone alert is, uh, quite... loud." Wooyoung says shakily, still trying to recover. I sigh. We look at eachother uncomfortably and I realize that the wall of "awkwardness" went straight back up. We were SO close! If only it had been a second later, or if I had moved in a little faster...

"Sorry, I got a text." I say, and turn away, swearing to myself.

"You have 1 new message. From: Tiffany. Open, or Delete?"
Yaaah! This better be important!

I open the SMS:
Taengoo!!! Where are you? I wanna play with you! :3

Sighing heavily to myself, I shut the phone with an angry snap. Too bad, Fany, I'll answer you later.

I turn back to Wooyoung. If it makes me feel any better (which it doesn't), he looks just as disappointed as I do. Looking back at my phone with a newfound bitterness, I check the time.
"AISSSSH!!! Wooyoung it's 10:45!!! We're gonna be late!"

We quickly grab a blanket each and run down the hill. Clumsy as usual, I trip on the blanket I'm holding and fall forward. I collide with Wooyoung who's right in front of me, and we roll down the hill together. As soon as we stop, we look at eachother and begin to laugh like we've never laughed before.

"Wooyoung! You've got a grass stain on your shirt!"
"Pssh, what about you? You have a streak of dirt right... here." He reaches his hand out and wipes the smudge on my cheek with his thumb.

I can't help it, my body moves on it's own. I press my face into his hand and close my eyes contentedly. For a bit, we just stand there, with his large hand caressing my face. When I finally open my eyes,  I see a dreamy look in his. He smiles, and moves his hand backwards to tuck my hair behind my ear.

"Come, let's go." He reaches out and we walk hand in hand all the way back to the car.

 

Of course, we get to the studio 15 minutes before the filming is about to start. The stylist scolds both of us and pushes us towards the dressing rooms. Wooyoung gives me a quick wink before he rushes into the room labelled "2PM". Chuckling to myself, I go to my own room.

The makeup artist and hairdresser fuss over me, complaining that I have dirt and grass everywhere. With their magic, I'm ready to go within 10 minutes. My hair is wavy, and I wear a blue vest over a plain white blouse. The last accesory they put on me is a bright red bowtie.

 

As I leave my dressing room, across the hallway, 2PM leave theirs.
"Hello Taeyeon-sshi!" they all say.
"Annyeong!" 
"You look very pretty tonight, noona" Chansung says in a cute voice.
"Awww, why thank you Chansung! Not as pretty as Nichkhun-oppa though."

Thankfully, everyone laughs at my lame joke. I make eye contact with Wooyoung. He wears the exact same outfit as me, except the colours are reversed.

          

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The other 2PM members notice this too.
"Aww, look at you two." Junho says with a huge smile on his face, making his eyes disappear. "You even have a couple outfit." Wooyoung proceeds to shove Junho's stomach with his elbow. Hard.

Seungwoo appears out of nowhere.
"Come along, Wooyoung and Taeyeon, we need to get the instruments set up. See you in a bit, boys! They'll give you a cue when it's your time to get on stage."

I check all the mics while Hwajung-unnie powered up her keyboard. I look over at Wooyoung and see him tuning his guitar. Suddenly, I remember something important.

"Hey, Wooyoung!" He looks up at me with wide eyes.
"Uh... yes?"
"Remember how I told you about my role in Midnight Sun?" He nods.
"Well, my character is supposed to be able to play the guitar. I meant to ask you this before, but I completely forgot. Do you think you could give me guitar lessons? My manager will pay you and everything. It's okay if you're too busy thou--". But he interrupts before I could finish.
"I'd love to." I stare at him in surprise.
"Really?"
"I'll even give them to you for free."
"What? Oh Wooyoung I can't accept that."
"Hmm... okay let's make a deal. If I give you a weekly guitar lesson, you have to pick me up every night to get to the KBS studio."
"Wooyoung..."
"Deal?" He holds out his hand. Sighing, I grab it and shake it firmly.
"Deal."


"Welcome to WIN WIN!" The crowd cheers enthusiastically.
"Today's guests are 2PM!!!" Shinyoung replies with as much enthusiasm.
"Right now, it's time for us to ask as many questions as we can in 100 seconds." Taeyeon says.
"Ask us quickly, ANG!" Taeyeon and Wooyoung shout in perfect sync. Taeyeon turns to her co-host.
"I wasn't feeling well last week. Are you glad you beat me?"
"I did feel guilty as a man." Wooyoung admits. "I kept thinking about how hard you were working despite having a cold. I thought about it all night long."

After a short pause, everyone processes what he just said.
"What were you thinking about at night?" Seungwoo asks with an amused smile on his face. Wooyoung is at a loss for words. Taeyeon laughs nervously.
"Who do you think about at night?" Shinyoung asks. "Taeyeon!" she shouts, answering her own question. The audience reply with positive applause while the rest of 2PM laugh at their embarassed member.

A few minutes later, Taeyeon asks 2PM a question that everyone is curious about.
"Who do you like better, Girls' Generation or Wondergirls?"

Nobody notices Wooyoung blushing as bright and red as a tomato because Junsu laughs out loud, focusing all the attention on him. After a bit of coaxing, Junsu finally explains,
"I get nervous whenever SNSD is around." he says.
"Taeyeon-sshi, I thought you were really cute when you had your cold and you were reading out the questions." Junho adds. He quickly glances towards Wooyoung and notices the evil eye he gives him.

To make things even more interesting, Shinyoung asks Taeyeon,
"Who would you pick out of 2PM?" Of course, she can't admit the truth. So she picks her least favorite member and replies
"Taecyeon."

The show continues with high spirits. The audience loves seeing this new side of their favourite boy band. At one point, Woyoung performs his signature ssanti dance. The crowd (including Taeyeon) goes absolutely wild. Wooyoung and Taeyeon repeatedly catch eachother looking at one another.

They take a break halfway through filming to change outfits. The secret special guest, 2AM appears for the second half of the episode. This half becomes episode 4 when KBS broadcasts it. After chatting with 2AM about 2PM for a while, Seungwoo asks,
"So, in your opinion, when is the time for the members to start dating?"
"Now would be a good time." replies Jokwon, 2AM's leader, confidently.

For the rest of the night, that's all that Wooyoung can think of. 
The time to start dating, is now.


Chapter 8 - END


Waaaah I'm so tired! Thank you for reading and please don't forget to comment :)
Good night! Until tomorrow's update!