Fourth Impression

How I met you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You don’t find love, it finds you.

 

- Chapter IV-

Fourth Impression

 

Behind the trials of life you are enduring, hide something greater than any obstacle. And even if you struggle, remember that maybe everything was meant to be this way so as you can find your path.

 

 

 

“I swear to God I’m gonna kill him!” Taehyung cursed throwing his bag in a corner as he entered in his living room.

 

“Finally back from your date with the y jerk guy?” Jimin continued to read his book unbothered.

 

“You know what he told me?” Taehyung slumped on the couch. “He said… He did not need my number or even my name! The guy invited me for the most perfect sleepless night date and refused to take my number!”

 

“Wait!” Jimin frowned at his friend. “I'm so confused! I thought we hated him?"

 

“Yes we do!” Taehyung said between his teeth.

 

“But the same guy invited you to ‘the most perfect sleepless night date’?”

 

“Yes he did!” Taehyung snapped back thoughtlesssly

 

“So you do like him?” Jimin raised an eyebrow.

 

“I… I…” Taehyung sighed making Jimin giggle.

 

“Well, look like you have a crush.” Jimin winked.

 

“Who’s this unlucky man?” voiced Jin as he entered in the room. “I want to send him sympathy flowers.”

 

Jimin burst out laughing while Taehyung rolled his eyes.

 

“Looks like Tae fell for this mysterious coffee guy.” Jimin continued to snicker.

 

“I didn’t fal-” started to say Taehyung before Jin cut him.

 

“Oh that guy! I would never believe it would happen but it seems our Taetae talks about him more than he talks about Min Yoongi…” Jin said to Jimin as if Taehyung was not in the room.

 

“That’s…” Taehyung hesitated. “That’s not true.” He finally said even if he knew it was a lie.

 

In truth Taehyung keep saying that he hated Suga but he actually had found someone he hated leaving. He had found someone that he could not get enough of. And he felt heartbroken to think it was one-sided.

 

“And even if I do like him…. It doesn’t matter anyway” the young photographer added in an inaudible murmur.

 

But before his brother and best friend asked him to repeat, the phone of the young photographer rang.

 

“Hello.” Taehyung answered.

 

“Hi Tae! This is Namjoon.”

 

“Oh Joon Hyung!” Taehyung smiled while Jin and Jimin shared a look. “How are you?”

 

“I’m fine thank you! Look, Yoongles… I mean Yoongi… He said he would be pleased to do an exhibition with you.”

 

“REALLY?” Taehyung almost screamed making Jin jolt.

 

“Yeah really” Namjoon giggled. “We’ll meet tomorrow afternoon at the gallery. I would send you the details by text.”

 

“Yes sure! Yes! Of course yes!” Taehyung rambled, still flustered to have a chance to not only meet but work with M.Y..

 

As soon as he hung up, Jin and Jimin looked at him with a ‘what’s the heck?’ look.

 

“Gonna do an exhibition with M.Y.!” Taehyung answered to the unspoken question as he jumped on the sofa, shortly joined by Jimin.

 

“That’s my best friend!” Jimin said in a sing-song way.

 

“So you’ll finally meet your Min Yoongi.” Jin quietly smiled looking at his dongsaengs jump happily.

 

-

 

The next day, Taehyung was as nervous as he was when he went to Seoul Plaza to meet M.Y. for the best photography awards meeting.

His heart was running fast in his chest, the knot in his stomach was eating him alive, his hands was sweating so profusely he could fill a jar. Taehyung was tense. No doubt about that.

 

“So how do I look like?” he said as he showed his outfit to Jin.

 

“Perfect!” Jin gave a thumb up.

 

“Oh my God I’m so nervous.” Taehyung said indistinctly, yet Jin heard him.

 

“Oddly you look less nervous than when you had your date the other day.”

 

“Can we please not talking about Him?”

 

“Alright sorry…” Jin shrugged. “I just thought you should go to this coffee shop you once met him or the restaurant you had a date together and see if he is not there.”

 

“And then what?” Taehyung rolled his eyes. “Ask him again for his number?”

 

“No… but you could listen to what he tried to tell you before you left him dumbfounded in the street… as you told us”

 

Taehyung looked at his brother surprised by his abrupt answer.

“I… I… Why do you care hyung?”

 

“I care because I heard you cry yesterday night. I heard you cry over a guy you barely know and when I came to your room you pretended to sleep. Tae, I don’t know what’s going on with this mysterious man, but you need to see him again… and know what he wanted to tell you, otherwise you’ll regret it and this regret will eat you alive.”

 

Taehyung lowered his head, and mumbled something Jin did not hear. And just when the elder opened his arm for a reassuring hug, Taehyung grabbed his leather coat and left the apartment in a hurry, letting his brother stood still in the middle of the room. Taehyung could not stay one minute more talking about Suga and confronting his so sudden and overwhelming feelings for the man. It scared him to death to know that his heart was running so fast for someone he just met. It scared him to know that his eyes had cried for a relationship he only imagined and dreamt about.

And it saddened him more to think that Suga – apparently - did not feel the magic connection between them, did not feel the growing flame in his heart, or the butterflies in his stomach because Taehyung did.

He did feel the magic connection so deep, strong and complex that he began to doubt that he had ever truly loved anyone prior. He felt the flame in his heart when the other gummy smiled at him and the butterflie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter