Third Impression

How I met you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Invisible threads are the strongest ties.

 

- Chapter III -

Third Impression

 

And here comes the moment. That moment when you feel the ground is running under your feet. You feel like the time stops. Suddenly you are able to concentrate all your energies to a single feeling. On the feeling that you are complete.

 

 

“Guess he is hot…” Jin yawned, stretching his arms.

 

“Who?” Taehyung asked carelessly, as he combed his hair for the umpteenth times today.

 

“Your date. Who else?” Jin gave a short chuckle.

 

“He’s not my date.” The other answered glancing at his brother through the mirror.

 

Jin burst out laughing.

“He’s maybe not your date as you said, but you clearly didn’t deny the fact he is hot…”

 

“Who cares? I hate him. Remember?”

 

“If you hate him so much…” Jin smirked. “Why did you wash your hair twice? Why do you wear your favorite shoes? Why did you take your lucky ring? Why do you keep glancing at the clock? And… why do you go to this dinner to begin with?”

 

“Be-because… Because he’ll think he wins if I don’t show up!”

 

“Win what?” Jin raised an eyebrow.

 

“The game!” Taehyung answered as if it was obvious.

 

“Which game?” Jin continued to ask.

 

“Whatever game! So what do you think about my outfit?”

 

“You’re fine as you’re fine with the four first outfits you showed me…”

 

“So I won’t win! I need to be breathtaking. Just fine is not good enough” Taehyung clapped his hand, and opened his closet.

 

Jin rolled his eyes and went back to his phone.

“He had to be hot indeed… Because I never saw you like that...”

 

Taehyung did not answer and quietly stared at the clock in the room till it showed 6pm.

He waved his brother goodbye and drove with his heart running fast in his chest to Bulgong park. When he exited his car, he scanned the place, playing nervously with the sleeves of his shirt.

However, the other man was not here, but that was not surprising because Taehyung came one hour earlier. Why? He did not know. He actually did not know what he was doing at all.

For example he did not know why he thought about this date the whole day and why he could feel his heart racing really fast in his chest and his hands sweating.

 

“What if…?” He wondered out loud. “What if he does not come…”

 

“Would you be disappointed?” a deep voice said behind him.

 

Taehyung jumped and put a hand on his heart.

“What’s wrong with you?” he scolded. “You scared him!”

 

“Nice to see you again.” The man stared at the young photographer directly in the eyes.

 

“Yeah whatever.” Taehyung broke the intense eye contact.

 

“You came in advance.” The man stated raising an eyebrow.

 

“You did too.” Taehyung mimicked the other as he raised an eyebrow too.

 

“I prefered to come earlier and watch you walk towards me but I guess I’m too late.” The man said as if he was not flirting making Taehyung blush and murmur something in an indistinct voice.

 

“This is where we’re going…” The man pointed at a direction.

 

Taehyung turned around and was surprised to see the man was pointing at a dilapidated, run-down house with a wooden door.

 

“Are you kidding me?” Taehyung looked at the other with wide eyes.

 

The man chuckled.

”This restaurant is called Five-star and we can stay on the rooftop. So technically…”

 

“That has to be a joke” Taehyung puffed.

 

“What did you expect princess?” The man chuckled. “We also can cancel-”

 

“And let you win?” Taehyung cut. “No way! Let’s go!” he said as he walked confidently towards the restaurant.

 

The man suppressed a laugh and followed him few steps behind.

 

When they entered the restaurant, an old man with a big beard spread his arms for a hug.

 

“Suga!” he cheered, embracing the mysterious boy tightly.

 

“Suga…” Taehyung repeated in a low voice.

 

“How are you?” The old man smiled with his few teeth.

 

“Fine Mister Kwon.” The other gummy smiled.

 

Taehyung blinked, the sight of his grin was breathtaking. Breathtaking.

 

“Mister Kwon I present you…” Suga looked at the photographer and raised an eyebrow.

 

‘Apparently this Suga likes to chuckle and raise his stupid eyebrow.’

Taehyung thought deeply as if it was important to remember every little things the other did such as how he smiled or how he somtimes his lips before talking.

 

“Hm...” Suga hesitated “I present you V… His name for tonight is V.”

 

Taehyung stared at him with a ‘seriously’ look but played along.

“Yes I’m V tonight, nice to meet you Sir.”

 

The old man looked at Taehyung puzzled by the name yet smiled.

“Happy to meet you too... Well... I cleaned the roof." his smile grew bigger. "You can stay there and make yourself comfortable kids.”

 

They both climbed on the roof and as soon as they reached it Taehyung let a ‘wow’ escaped his mouth. There were big cozy pillows and a box that was supposed to be the table wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter