Let Me Go

Let Me Go

Sinb was debating whether she should tell him or not. It was difficult because he treated well, he was kind and she felt very comfortable whenever she was with him. But if he treated well, Yuju treated her like a princess. If he was kind, Yuju was so gentle towards her as if she were some kind of precious and cherished artefact that need the biggest care. 

So when he asked her to go on a date this evening, she accepted because she had planned to be it their last date. She was going to break up with him. She was nervous. She didn’t want to hurt him, she merely hoped that he will accept her decision, that he will let her go.

  • Hi Sinb, he said when she came to him who was already there for minutes. He pecked her lips quickly. She let him do it as it was only fair when she didn’t broke up with him yet. She smiled sadly at him but he didn’t notice the emotions. 

 

  • Hi, she replied before taking a sit in front of him. They were in a fancy restaurant. 

 

  • I already ordered you favorite dish, he said. 

 

  • Oh … thank you, she replied shyly. Normally she would have complained about why he didn’t wait for her - Yuju would never do so - but considering the fact that she had planned to break up with him after, she didn’t want to make a scene. 

 

Then the waiter arrived with the plates. 

 

  • Let’s eat, he said. She nodded. They were eating and from time to time talking a little bit but it was only some small talk without any important content. 

 

Until he said something: 

 

  • I want to tell you something. 

 

  • Really ? … actually me too I have something to tell you. 

 

  • Oh tell me ? he said excited

 

  • No, you tell me first, she replied unsure of what he was going to say. 

 

  • Well Sinb I already wanted to tell you this for a long time. Do you remember last week when you met my parents in the supermarket ?

 

  • Yeah … she said confused 

 

  • Well they really found you wonderful in person. You amazed them and then they encouraged me to do something. 

 

  • What … Sinb couldn’t end her sentence as she knew what was coming when she saw him put his hand on his pocket. Wait !  Let me tell you something first. 

 

  • Euh … ok tell me, he said while putting his hand on the table. 

 

  • Well … Sinb didn’t know how to say it. She didn’t think it would be that hard to find the right words but she had to try.  I want us to end our relationship. 

 

  • What ? I didn’t hear you because you were mumbling.

 

  • I said let’s break up, Sinb said slowly. He didn’t reply immediately. Sinb wanted to run away when she saw his eyes that were expressing his shock. She didn’t want to hurt him. 

 

  • Why ? he asked softly

 

  • I fell out of love, I only see you in a friendly way. 

 

  • Since when ?, he asked.

 

  • Like months ago, she said unsure. 

 

  • Is it because you love someone else? he said with a pretty scary tone. 

 

  • No, she lied. 

 

  • I hope so, he said. What can I do to make you fall in love again with me?

 

  • You don’t have to. We will just stay friend. 

 

  • Why don’t you want to go back with me? Why don’t you want me to help you ? I can do it.

 

  • Because I don’t want to, she said. He was getting on her nerves. 

 

  • Why ? Am I not good enough ? What did I do wrong ? 

 

  • Nothing, this isn’t your fault. I just don’t feel the same but it has nothing to do with you. You are a good person. 

 

  • So it must be because you are seeing someone else, you cheated me ?! 

 

  • No it isn’t, she lied again scared by his reaction. 

 

  • Don’t lie to me Sinb!

 

  • I am not, I promise. Listen I got to go, you have to cool down, she said while leaving him. 

 

  • Sinb if you ever lied to me about the real reasons on why you’re breaking up with me, I swear …

 

Sinb was already leaving. She didn’t want to stay with him being in such an angry state. She didn’t understand why he insisted so much, it’s not like he needed to know whether she loves another person. She looked at her watch showing 8 p.m and decided to visit Yuju. She wanted to see her because she was sure it would help her feel better. She called a cab. 

 

Some minutes later, she arrived in front of the big house. She rang. Yuju appeared at the front door and when she saw Sinb she immediately let her enter by opening the gate door. Sinb felt already better when she saw Yuju smiling at her but then she noticed a suitcase behind Yuju who was closing behind her the front door. Yuju with her suitcase headed towards Sinb.

 

  • Hey Sinb, she said smiling

 

  • Hi Yuju I’m sorry to bother you, I didn’t tell you I was coming to see you. 

 

  • It’s not a problem, you’re lucky I didn’t left yet. 

 

  • Where are you going ? asked Sinb

 

  • I’m going to my apartment. You know that I pass every week end there, don’t you ? 

 

  • Yes I just forget.

 

  • Come with me, offered Yuju.

 

  • Ok

 

Sinb headed with Yuju toward the latter’s black car. During the ride, both were silenced as Sinb didn’t want to disturb Yuju when she was driving.

When they arrived in the luxurious penthouse with it big windows giving a beautiful view of the luminous city, Sinb sat on the sofa and the television. Yuju went in her bedroom most probably to change her clothes and tidy some stuff. Sinb suddenly received a message. It was her boyfriend or rather her ex. She frowned as she read the message « Where are you now? ». She couldn’t understand why he was asking her that. It was none of his business.

 

  • What are you frowning at ? Yuju asked all of sudden and it startled Sinb because she didn’t notice the other girl presence. 

 

  • Nothing. 

 

  • What do you want to eat ? I’m going to prepare something, you must be hungry because in my case I’m starving.

 

  • Yeah me too, as you like.

 

  • Ok 

 

Sinb messaged her ex « Why you want to know? ». Ten seconds later she received his answer « Just asking. Because you have forgotten something. ». She replied back « What did I forget ?» Sinb doesn't remember to have left anything in his house. « Where are you ? I want to give it back to you. ». Sinb was really pissed off and confused at the same time. He was not answering her question. « I will come and take back whatever it is, tomorrow ». « No it’s important, tell me where are you? » 

Never had he been this annoying. She did not answer. 

 

  • Is everything ok ? Yuju asked while sitting beside Sinb. 

 

  • Yeah … , Sinb lied. What did you cook ? 

 

  • Um actually I didn’t cook anything because I just noticed that the refrigerator is empty. Hopefully I found some pizzas.

 

  • Yeah pizzas, great. Sinb said happily. It’s been a while since she has eaten pizza. 

 

Sinb received another message « I’m on my way to your home ». Alarmed she replied quickly « I’m not at home ». « Where are you then? » he asked again and this time Sinb just ignored him. Yuju who was watching TV didn’t miss the frown on Sinb’s face. 

 

  • Who is texting you?  she asked

 

  • No one I’m just checking the info. Sinb replied not wanting to reveal her about her ex. Yuju doesn’t know that Sinb was dating someone.

 

  • What info made you frown and sigh ? Yuju asked again. 

 

  • Just some people who died in attacks. Sinb lied. 

 

  • Oh … I see, said Yuju now half-focused on the TV.

 

She put her arms behind Sinb on the Sofa. She then pushed gently the shoulder of Sinb towards her so that Sinb had now her head on Yuju’s broad shoulder. Yuju then took the hand of Sinb in her free hand. She gently caressed it. Sinb smiled shyly while looking for a second at Yuju’s face who seemed too immersed in the TV. Then she received an other message « Sinb I swear if you lied to me about you not seeing anyone and not breaking up with me because of that I don’t know what I … ». 

Sinb suddenly felt weird. Her ex seems to know something. But even, why would he still care. She broke up with him so she is supposed to be free. She could’t stand it anymore so she texted back « Stop texting me! It’s my life so stop involving in it because you’re not part of it anymore. ». Her message was very mean but she didn’t care anymore. With this behavior of him, she didn’t even want to remain friend with him. His obsession on her did that. When she was done texting, she looked up and saw Yuju looking at her with concerned eyes. Yuju, as if she somehow understood that Sinb didn’t want to talk about it, remained quite and patted Sinb’s head in confort. The latter was shivering, Yuju was just so understanding. Never has Sinb known someone as perfect as Yuju. She thanked God to have let her path crossed Yuju’s one. In comparaison, her ex now with his behavior was the best counter-example. Suddenly Sinb remembered something.

  • Oh Yuju … I have to go and search some flowers for my mother’s birthday.

 

  • It’s the day after tomorrow, isn’t it ? Yuju asked 

 

  • Yeah, said Sinb while getting herself up from the sofa.

 

  • Can I come with you? asked Yuju. 

 

  • Of course you can. said Sinb happy. 

 

They went out of the appartement and the building. The flower shop was near so they decided to walk. Sinb was enjoying the moment. The weather was nice, even if it was almost nine. Hopefully the flower shop was still open. Sinb chose some roses. Yuju waited for her outside, but when Sinb went out she didn’t see her. Instead of her, she was surprised to see another familiar face: her ex’s one. 


- What are you doing here? she asked 

 

He didn’t respond and instead went very closely towards her. His face was so near that she could feel his breath touching her face. She was going to distance herself from him when he took her free hand. 

 

  • What are you doing? Let go of me! she cried out when he tightened his grip on her.


- You lied. He said with a serious tone. 

 

  • About what ? she said confused. 

 

  • You still love me, don’t you ? he said

 

  • No I don’t, she sighed. Stop being delusional. 

 

  • Are you sure you didn’t break up with me because of another reason ? he asked 

 

  • Yeah, now please l…

 

  • Let go of her. cut another serious voice. It was Yuju’s and Sinb swears she has never seen Yuju this serious before. Yuju was very scary, her charism was no joke. 

 

When the man saw Yuju, he released Sinb’s hand from his grip then he went away without any other word. Sinb was very surprised. She didn’t understand his behavior but she she chose not to care more about it. Yuju came towards with her soft concerned eyes that made her look like a cute puppy almost vulnerable. The contrast with her aura just seconds ago is remarkable. It’s like she changed from a scary cat to a lovable puppy in only one second.

 

  • Are you fine ? Yuju asked

 

  • Yeah thanks, I don’t know what has gotten into this stranger. I think he was drunk and …

 

  • Yeah

 

Yuju approached Sinb and gave the latter a hug. Sinb felt safe in Yuju’s embrace. Her ex was scaring her, hopefully Yuju was there and even if she had no clue about it she managed to reassure Sinb. The latter put her arms around Yuju’s waist and tighten her embrace. Sinb felt happy. Then they broke the hug and Yuju caught Sinb’s hand with hers. They walked calmly enjoying in silence the presence of each other. 

Some times after, they get back to Yuju’s flat. Sinb put the flowers in a safe place then she joined Yuju in the kitchen who was putting the pizza on the table. They enjoyed their dinner. 

 

  • I’m tired, I am going to bed - said Yuju. 

 

  • Ok, said lowly Sinb

 

  • You look clearly exhausted Sinb, you should sleep - pointed out Yuju. Sinb only shook her head in disapprobation. But then she yawned and that made Yuju laughed. - See ! I’ve told you. 

 

  • I guess you’re right- admitted Sinb. 

 

Yuju stood up first and offered her hand to Sinb. The latter gladly took it. Yuju then guided her towards the bedroom. Once there, Yuju removed Sinb’s shirt carefully. She was so gentle, it as if Sinb was hypnotized as she let Yuju do whatever she wanted to her. Yuju then removed her own shirt. She then pushed gently Sinb on the bed. She accompanied Sinb as she was falling on the mattress. Yuju was doing all this while keeping her stare deeply on Sinb’s eyes. Sinb felt her cheeks burned because of Yuju’s intense stares. It was so y. Suddenly she couldn’t see Yuju’s face anymore as the latter returned her to make her laid on her stomach. Sinb felt warm hands on her shoulders. Yuju was massaging her. Sinb didn’t understand how Yuju had noticed how stiffen and tensed she was. This massage sure made her feel good. 

 

  • Relax 

 

She heard Yuju whispering in her right ear. Well it was difficult for Sinb to relax not because the massage wasn’t good, on the contrary it felt amazing, but more because of the owner of those gifted hands. Sinb didn’t noticed that she had begun to have a heavy breath. But Yuju did. That’s why Yuju stopped in order to remove Sinb’s bra, maybe hoping it would help her breathing. Or maybe it was for another purpose, a less innocent one. The moment Sinb felt her back completely bare, she felt something inside of her. It was a glimpse of excitement and another unknown feeling. She felt hot even though she was stripped to the waist. This time again, Yuju seems to have noticed too. That’s why she put her hands on Sinb’s jeans and tugged it down. Hopefully she didn’t have to open the button to remove it. Despite of feeling hot, Sinb froze on the spot. Her respiration rate didn’t seem to   reduce, on the contrary she was even more panting. Then she felt something wet on her skin that could have cooled her down until she realized what it really was. Or rather who it really was. It was undoubtedly Yuju. Only Yuju could make her feel this good. But it was mostly Yuju’s tongue that was caressing her . Sinb slipped a moan and Yuju seemed to have interpreted it as a signal of keeping on. Even more she started stimulating with her hand on Sinb’s body. Yet it was still confusing: her touch showed no interest in doing more than a massage but at the same time the slow pace could indicate the start of a sensual and soon-to-be hot making out.  Sinb was keeping her face hidden in the pillow trying to keep herself quite. Then the movements stopped. Sinb didn’t understand what was happening. 

 

  • Yuju ? - Sinb called out.
  • Shh … - whispered Yuju who was still on top of her. Close your eyes, relax you’re too tensed up!

 

Sinb did as she was told. She closed her eyes and tries to forget about everything. Then she felt someone caressing her body. Only this time, she didn’t tensed up. On the contrary, the touch were calming her. She felt like her body was trapped in a paradisiac soft cloud. She feels Yuju getting even more closer to her as she laid on her and end up back hugging her someway. Then Sinb felt some quick kisses on her neck. Sinb felt her lips tucked into a smile. The kisses somehow triggered her sleepiness. 

 

  • Sleep well, babe.

 

That were the very last words Sinb heard before she completely fell in the arms of Morpheus. And before she felt that problems have let her go for good. 

 

THE END