A sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare?

Our Wives

Chungha was singing in the shower again. She must be in a good mood. And when Chungha was in a good mood, she tended to take longer showers. Woohyun could definitely use that habit to his advantage.

Sneakily, he tiptoed towards the bed where Chungha’s laptop was lying. It was closed this time but Woohyun figured he could give it a try anyway. Besides, he knew her password (“Dubu”, the name of her childhood pet). He opened it up and quickly typed in the password.

Just his luck, Chungha’s secret email was still open. He opened the latest one and scanned it, memorizing and committing it all to memory. Then, he closed the laptop, making sure that it was still in the same spot, before shuffling out of the room, phone in hand.

In the living room, he typed up a text: “They’re going to the Fixed Star Resort. There’s some kind of event.”

He sent the text to Sunggyu before taking a long, deep breath, falling back onto the sofa.

Woohyun was feeling really tired of doing all this. Nothing he did was working. Chungha was loving and if he didn’t know of the affair, he probably wouldn’t even notice how distant she was also being towards him.

What was he doing wrong? Why couldn’t Chungha see that he was trying to be the best husband possible for her? He tried to change his look. He tried to make her jealous. He even started paying more attention to her and showering her with affection and gifts. But, she was still seeing Kyungmi.

Why did he still feel like Chungha was going to up and leave him behind one of these days?

A ‘ping’ from his phone interrupted Woohyun’s somber thoughts.

Sunggyu had replied, “That’s one of our resorts. It has a hotel too. They’re going there? That’s not very discreet.”

Eyes wide, Woohyun replied, “I guess your wife wants to show mine a good time.”

He sighed again, sadly. Their wives were going on a romantic getaway. So unfair.

Sunggyu’s reply came quick:“What should we do?”

Woohyun racked his brains for something – anything – to stop them from going. But, all he really wanted at that point was to confront them. He could do that right now. Just go back to the bedroom and confront Chungha.

But, what if she denied it?

Well, Woohyun had proof right there on Chungha’s laptop. But, then, he would have to admit to snooping (which he was). And doing it that night just seemed… messy.

It would probably be easier if he and Sunggyu could confront both Chungha and Kyungmi at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone. There was strength in numbers after all.

And just like that, a lightbulb went off in Woohyun’s head.

He grabbed his phone again and typed, “Hyung, can you book us a room at that hotel?”

 


 

Sunmi’s voice softly crooned from the speakers and Sunggyu couldn’t resist tapping his fingers against the steering wheel a little. From the corner of his eye, he could see Woohyun had completely conked out, his arms wrapped around a pillow he had brought along for the long 2-hour and a half drive.

The younger had apparently worried himself all night and barely slept a wink. When Sunggyu had picked him up half an hour after both their wives had left Seoul, Woohyun was staring at thin air in a daze.

An hour into the trip, after their first pitstop for food and to stretch their legs, he had managed to convince the younger to take a nap. So, while Sunggyu drove, Woohyun slept. Except for the music playing on the radio, the drive was relatively quiet.

It allowed Sunggyu to do a little thinking.

Woohyun had wanted to follow their wives to Pyeongchang in order to confront them together. And Sunggyu was on board. Except… he wasn’t really sure why he was on board. The thought of confronting their wives together just… didn’t sit well with him. In fact, he would really rather talk to Kyungmi in private. Why he hadn’t yet when his wife had been begging him to talk confused him too.

Because Kyungmi clearly wanted out. And Sunggyu, himself, wasn’t happy anymore. Why did he keep holding on?

A soft groan interrupted his musings and he briefly turned his head towards the passenger seat. Woohyun was waking up.

From the corner of his eye, he watched Woohyun stretch in his seat, the younger’s shirt lifting a bit to expose a little bit of his toned stomach. Sunggyu could practically feel his cheeks turn red and his heart suddenly picking up pace.

He was more confused than ever.

“Had a good nap?” he managed in a steady voice.

Woohyun hummed an affirmative. “Are we there yet, hyung?”

“About another 45 minutes. You hungry? You can eat something.”

Woohyun appeared to remember that they had snacks in the back seat so he shuffled around, reaching for the bag there. He rifled through the various assortment of food, finally deciding on a meat bun.

“You want some, hyung?”

“My hands are a little occupied.”

“That’s okay! I’ll feed you!”

Before Sunggyu realized what was happening, a hand holding a piece of meat bun was under his mouth. He felt himself turn red again, but nonetheless, ate the offered food.

Woohyun continued to eat and feeding him by hand until he was satisfied. And for the rest of the drive, he chattered on about one thing or another, successfully helping Sunggyu stay awake.

Soon, the time passed swiftly and before they knew it, they had arrived at Fixed Star Resort and Hotel.

The place was a typical beachside resort. It had a hotel with swimming pools, recreation areas, and offered guided tours. And just a couple of feet away was the beach, privately owned by the resort.

Sunggyu had only been to Fixed Star maybe twice in his entire career. Usually, he sent a representative to inspect the place, as he was often preoccupied with their hotels in Seoul.

Since he was coming to Fixed Star as a guest and not as CEO, Sunggyu parked in the guest parking lot along with all the other hotel patrons. He had Woohyun go into the hotel and check them in while he took care of their luggage. He wasn’t sure if the staff here would recognize him but he wasn’t taking any chances.

He had booked them separate rooms but they were side-by-side and had connecting doors as well.

“Hyung, this place is so cool!” Woohyun gushed as they exited the elevator and walked down the halls. “I’ve never been to a place this fancy before! Chungha and I could never afford it.” He sighed. “If we weren’t here on a mission, I would totally enjoy myself.”

“I don’t see why we can’t,” Sunggyu said with a smile. “We don’t even know where Chungha and Kyungmi are and this resort may not look like it at first glance, but it’s huge. What we can do for now is to check what events are going on for this weekend and work our way from there.”

Woohyu nodded. “After I get settled, I’ll go back downstairs and ask the receptionist.”

They finally reached their rooms and before going in, Woohyun turned to Sunggyu with a smile.

“Thank you for doing this, hyung,” he said. “I know it was a little too much to ask, but I’m still grateful. Once we get this over with, I’ll be out of your hair and I won’t bother you anymore.”

Sunggyu froze. Why did it sound like Woohyun was saying goodbye? Did that mean that once they confronted their wives, they were going to stop hanging out? Were they going to stop seeing each other?

Something unpleasant settled in his stomach. But, Woohyun didn’t seem to notice as he was already unlocking his door and getting in.

Swallowing, Sunggyu shook his head and entered his own room.

He didn’t really have to unpack much. They had planned on only staying one night, even though Kyungmi and Chungha were there until Monday morning. Woohyun wanted to just get whatever this over and done with.

After changing into more comfortable clothes (a light pink shirt and shorts), Sunggyu laid on the bed, blankly staring at the ceiling. He had considered bringing his laptop with him so he could do some work but Woohyun had talked him out of it. Now, he kind of wished he did it anyway because his thoughts were all over the place.

Woohyun said that once all this was over, he would be out of Sunggyu’s hair. For some reason, Sunggyu didn’t like that idea. In fact, he hated it.

Maybe because Woohyun had become such a great friend and companion. He genuinely liked having the younger around. Woohyun was a breath of fresh air to his overly strict and rigid lifestyle. He was thoughtful, sweet, cute…

Sunggyu shot up at the thought, eyes wide at the realization.

Woohyun was cute. He found Woohyun cute. Though, if he was quite honest, anyone who couldn’t see Woohyun’s charm was probably blind.

A knock on his door interrupted his musings.

“Hyung, it’s me! I’m back from the lobby!”

Brushing off his earlier thoughts, Sunggyu answered the door.

Woohyun had changed into a simple light blue shirt and a pair of shorts. It was such a simple get up and yet…

Cute... popped into Sunggyu’s head, immediately.

Passing a confused Sunggyu, Woohyun walked into the room, immediately talking, rapidly.

“So, according to the receptionist, there’s only one event this entire weekend and it’s tonight, which is perfect. It means we can get this over with sooner than we planned and we don’t have to stay an extra night or anything. The event’s at the beach, so I think we should go down there and check it out. Maybe they’re there too. What do you think?”

Sunggyu blinked. Oh, right. They were supposed to be looking for their wives. Of course.

“Yes, let’s go,” he ended up saying.

They ended up getting ice cream before taking a walk by the beach’s shores. It was only starting to get warm again so there weren’t too many people around. It was the resort’s off-season, after all.

Woohyun seemed to love it, though. He rambled on about how his parents rarely took him and his brother to the beach when they were younger, but he’d always enjoyed going in the water. He was prone to bad sunburns so his mother always packed an extra bottle of sunscreen.

“Our middle school class had our graduation trip to the beach in Incheon and I forgot to bring some and it was the most painful thing I have ever felt! If you saw our school pictures, I looked like a lobster, hyung! A lobster!”

“I bet you looked like a very cute lobster,” Sunggyu replied without thinking before his words registered in his mind.

Beside him, Woohyun almost choked on his ice cream cone. Feeling guilty, Sunggyu gently thumped his back until he stopped coughing.

“S-Sorry, hyung.”

“No, it was me. I said something weird.”

“Not at all! I was just caught off-guard, that’s all.” Woohyun let out a chuckle. “And yeah, I guess I was a pretty cute lobster.”

Sunggyu’s heart swelled at Woohyun’s sudden shyness. He really was cute…

As they walked, Woohyun suddenly stopped in his tracks and stared out towards the beach contemplatively.

“This place is really nice, hyung,” he said. “Wanna get in the water for a bit?”

Sunggyu looked out at the water. It was probably freezing.

“I’m fine,” he decided. “But, go on. I’ll wait for you here.”

With a nod, Woohyun removed his sneakers and socks, leaving them by Sunggyu’s feet and walked off towards the ocean.

Sunggyu settled on the sand and watched as the younger stepped into the water and waded up for below his knees. Then, he took a deep breath, eyes closing, the light breeze tugging at his brown locks.

Suffice to say, Sunggyu was mesmerized at the sight and he spent the next ten minutes just watching the younger enjoy the water.

After finding the location of the event that night and then spending another hour at the beach, Sunggyu and Woohyun both returned to their hotel room. They didn’t find their wives at the beach or anywhere else at the resort so it was best to just get some rest before the event.

At exactly 7pm, they both emerged from their rooms.

The event was supposedly a casual party of some kind. Sunggyu had changed into a white short-sleeved button-down with a green cardigan and khaki shorts. Woohyun was in similar clothing, in a light blue button-down with a striped dark blue cardigan and white shorts.

“You look great, hyung!” Woohyun complimented upon seeing him.

Sunggyu blushed lightly and smiled. “Thank you. You too.”

Together, headed off towards the beach. On the way, others had joined them in walking in the same direction. Some appeared to already know each other while others were alone.

When they arrived where the event was taking place, it was already crowded. The decorated area of the beach they had seen earlier in the day looked better with all the lights. Loud pop music filled the air. People were dancing, throwing back drinks, and mingling.

It was a very typical party.

“I’m going to try and look for them,” Woohyun said, loudly to be heard through the music.

“Sure!”

Woohyun left him and squeezed through the crowd. Meanwhile, Sunggyu decided to stay by the bar and observe. He wasn’t really a party person, but he had gone to his fair share of parties back in college. He was just wondering why there were so many rainbows and rainbow flags all over…

He spied a couple in the corner of his eye, kissing. The CEO’s eyes widened. They were two men. And just a few steps from them, two women were in a corner, talking and giggling with no more than a foot between them.

On the counter of the bar, there was a flyer. Sunggyu picked it up, scanning it, quickly. His eyes widened even more than before.

It made sense for Kyungmi and Chungha to be at this event. It was an LGBTQ+ Mixer. Couples and singles welcomed.

Sunggyu had made sure all of the establishments under their company were open-minded and run by open-minded employees. There was no need to discriminate against customers of different backgrounds and preferences. Besides, it was a new age. There was no need for a scandal like that. And thus, any hotel and resort under them were popular locations for events like these.

However, he wasn’t sure how Woohyun would react when he realized the type of even they were at.

Dropping the flyer back on the bar counter, he hurriedly chased after Woohyun, looking for him in the throng of dancing people. Finally, he spotted the familiar dark blue striped cardigan. Woohyun was animatedly talking to a tall man with blond hair and a baby face. The friendly person that he was, he must have gotten distracted.

As he walked closer, he could hear the conversation going on between them.

“You’re really cute,” the blonde said, practically fluttering his eyelashes at a clueless Woohyun.

Woohyun just laughed, shyly. “T-Thanks.”

That didn’t settle well in Sunggyu’s stomach. He didn’t like the way that guy looked at Woohyun.

Meanwhile, the man’s eyes slyly ran over Woohyun’s arm. “You work out, don’t you?”

“Uh, sometimes, but not as much as I used to. I’m a chef so I do a lot of heavy lifting.”

“A chef. Wow. So… are you single?”

Sunggyu had had enough. He quickly moved forward and sidled up beside Woohyun, placing an arm around him. Woohyun jumped in surprise to suddenly see him.

“Hyung.”

Sunggyu steeled his gaze on the curious blonde. “Sorry, but he’s married.”

The man’s eyes widened and his eyes registered on the gold rings the two men wore on their fingers. Granted, they weren't the same wedding rings at all, but he didn't know that. All he saw were rings.

His face turned red. “Oh my god! I’m sorry, I wasn’t aware! I’ll, um, get out of your hair now.”

He gave them a polite bow before sauntering off, embarrassed.

His brow furrowing, Woohyun turned to Sunggyu. “What was that about?”

Sunggyu quickly explained his findings, making it clear to Woohyun that he was just hit on by a man. The younger turned red but he looked more embarrassed than angry. In fact, he kind of laughed a little.

“Guess I’m also gay men’s type,” he said in a joking tone, sheepishly running a hand through his hair. “What a boost in confidence. I should have thanked him.”

Sunggyu felt relieved by that.

“Hyung, turn around,” Woohyun suddenly said in a soft voice, his eyes trained on something behind Sunggyu.

Seeing all the brightness leave Woohyun’s eyes, Sunggyu swallowed before turning around.

On the dance floor, laughing and dancing in each other’s arms, were Kyungmi and Chungha. Both were dressed to party in matching summer dresses… like a couple. And upon closer inspection, neither were wearing their wedding bands.

Chungha said something and it had Kyungmi throw her head back, laughing before she brought Chungha closer to her, wrapping her arms around the younger woman’s waist. 

Bracing himself, Sunggyu took a step forward towards them but he felt a tug in his arm stopping him. He turned his head to Woohyun, who wore the most heartbroken face he had ever seen him in. It made Sunggyu’s own heart ache to see it.

“What’s wrong? Woohyun, they’re right there. We can-.”

“They look happy,” Woohyun stated, his voice devoid of emotion. “Why do they look so happy?”

Sunggyu turned back to look at the two women. They didn’t seem to be aware that there was anyone else around them as they stared into each other’s eyes. Sunggyu had never seen Kyungmi’s eyes sparkle like that when she looked at him. In fact, she had never looked at him the way she looked at Chungha.

“She’s never looked at me like that,” Woohyun whispered behind him. “Maybe… once upon a time… or maybe not at all.”

His hold on Sunggyu’s arm loosened.

Without another word, Woohyun turned around and ran.

Worried about the younger, Sunggyu moved to follow but not before taking one last look at their wives on the dance floor.

Familiar brown eyes stared back at him in shock.

 


 

His head was pounding so hard and the light hitting his eyes felt blinding. His entire body ached all over. Groaning, Woohyun tried to move but something was preventing him from doing so. Forcing his eyes open, he blinked several times through the haze.

Once his vision was clear he realized that he was NOT in his hotel room, judging from the look of the expensive suitcase against the wall. Finally, he realized that he couldn’t move because of an arm around his waist.

And, plus, he was .

That realization woke him up like a bucket of cold water.

Sitting up, quickly, he groaned as a wave of nausea hit him. He breathed deeply several times, willing the feeling to pass. When it did, he finally opened his eyes again and looked around the room.

There were several open bottles of soju and a bottle of vodka strewn all over the floor along with clothes. His clothes. And… two wedding rings.

The memory from the night before hit him fast like lightning.

 


 

After he had run from the beach and returned to his room, Woohyun spent a good 30 minutes or so, crying. Meanwhile, the older had tried to get him to open the door, but he had shooed him away, wanting to be alone. But, now, he didn’t want to be. So, he had gone back down into the lobby, alone, and asked if there was a convenience store nearby. In a daze, he didn’t even know how he managed to leave and come back. But, when he did, he already had a bag full of soju bottles and a bottle of cheap vodka. Then, he found himself outside Sunggyu’s door, knocking. 

It immediately opened to show Sunggyu, already in his pajamas. Woohyun hadn’t even showered yet. He raised the bag with a humorless smile.

“Hyung, let’s drink,” he stated.

Sunggyu, bless his heart, had indulged him. Sitting on the floor by the bed, Woohyun consumed bottle after bottle, letting out his woes. He could feel himself getting drunk, but he didn’t care.

Soon, all the soju was gone and all that was left was the vodka. Sunggyu had stumbled to his feet to grab them some paper cups from the desk, but Woohyun was too impatient so he opened the bottle and drunk straight from it.

The alcohol burned his throat, but he barely felt it. He was feeling numb.

“They’re the ones who cheated,” he mumbled as Sunggyu took the bottle from him and poured himself a cup.

Woohyun couldn’t tell if he was drunk too, he was really composed.

Nonetheless, he continued to ramble, “But, why do they get to be happy while we’re miserable? It’s not fair.”

His eyes fell on the ring at his finger. It glinted back at him. Everything that the ring symbolized and stood for was a lie. 

Angrily, Woohyun tore the ring from his finger and flung it at the floor. It bounced once against the carpet floor and laid there, mocking him.

He could feel the tears falling again and he angrily wiped them away. It just wasn’t fair. He wanted to be loved too. He wanted to be held and made to feel important and special. He wanted someone to look at him like he was the world’s greatest treasure.

“Woohyun,” Sunggyu said in a quiet voice. “Maybe it’s time for us to just… give up. They don’t love us anymore.” He looked up at him, eyes glassy and unfocused. “We’re better off finding someone else. You deserve better.” Raising an arm, he placed a hand on Woohyun’s cheek, lightly. “We both do.”

That touch sent a shiver throughout Woohyun’s body. He hadn’t felt such gentle affection in so long. He was hungry for it. And Sunggyu was such a beautiful man…

Feeling brave, Woohyun crawled towards the older and plopped on his lap. Sunggyu let out a squeak, making Woohyun laugh.

“Hyung, thank you,” he slurred, hands going behind Sunggyu’s head, playing with the little hairs there. “You’re really… the best. You comfort me and make me laugh and do nice things for me when I’m sad." Then, he took Sunggyu's left hand, squinting at the expensive gold bad on his ring finger. "Kyungmi is blind… and stupid… because she can’t see how amazing you are.”

And he meant every word. Sunggyu was amazing in more ways than one. And… he was handsome to boot. He was the total package! How could anyone not be happy being married to him?

Suddenly angry at Kyungmi for hurting Sunggyu, Woohyun removed the ring on the older's finger and threw it onto the floor too. It laid next to Woohyun's own, both of them lying there, glinting under the light, side-by-side. Lonely.

Sniffling, Woohyun brought his face closer to the older’s, catching a whiff of soju and Sunggyu’s natural scent.

Sunggyu seemed to be breathing really deeply, one arm loosely wrapped around Woohyun.

“Hyung…”

“Woohyunnie.”

The deep, husky voice made warmth bloom in Woohyun’s belly. Leaning down, he whispered in Sunggyu’s ear.

 “Will you pretend to love me tonight? Please? I just… I want to feel loved… please.”

He felt pathetic for begging but he didn’t care. His pride was gone.

He didn’t have to beg any further because the moment he pulled his face away, Sunggyu had grabbed the back of his head and brought him back. Chapped lips tasting like soju and vodka landed on his and Woohyun moaned by instinct at the contact.

He grabbed at the front of Sunggyu’s shirt, wanting to bring him closer.

Woohyun felt warm. Oh, so warm compared to the cold chill he had felt all night. He wanted more. Needed more.

He needed to feel more.

Reluctantly, pulling away from the kiss, he whispered, “Bed.”

He didn’t have to tell Sunggyu twice.

 


 

His cheeks were heating up from the memory and he felt a mix of embarrassment, mortification, and… thrill?

Remembering the way Sunggyu’s lips had covered his body in kisses and how he moaned Woohyun’s name and when he…

Woohyun stopped his thoughts right there and then before they could go any further. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he turned to the body next to him.

Like him, Sunggyu was , arm haphazardly slung around Woohyun’s waist as he slept, mouth open, slightly.

It was kind of cute. Under different circumstances, Woohyun would have taken a picture and teased the older for such a display. But, at that moment, he was just embarrassed and a little… confused.

How did he allow himself to get so flat-out drunk that he begged Sunggyu to... love him?

God, he really hoped the older wouldn’t think of him differently after this. They had such a great friendship. Sunggyu was important to him. He didn’t want to lose him.

He must have moved so much because Sunggyu had begun to stir. The arm around Woohyun’s waist tightened before the hands began gently his side.

Woohyun shivered before turning red and coughing. He slapped his cheeks to get his mind off the things that happened last night again.

Finally, Sunggyu’s eyes fluttered open. Those tiny but pretty orbs couldn’t seem to focus for a moment as the older let out a groan, his forehead scrunching.

Woohyun felt bad. Sunggyu must be feeling the effects of a hangover too, all because of Woohyun’s recklessness. He was so caught up in his own depressed feelings that he brought Sunggyu into it. The older probably didn’t even want to drink all night but had indulged his childish whims.

Sunggyu really was a great guy.

Finally, the older’s eyes focused on him. They stared at each other for a moment, silence in the air.

Then, Sunggyu’s eyes widened and he sat up. He looked at Woohyun’s chest then at his own before pulling the blanket at his waist and clutching it to his chest.

“Oh my god,” he mumbled, running a hand through his messy hair.

Woohyun tried to stop himself from remembering how soft those strands felt in between his fingers as he tugged on them…

Too late, he was thinking about it.

“So, that wasn’t a dream.”

Woohyun swallowed and he turned his head away, cheeks turning red again. “H-Hyung… I’m really sorry about last night. I… I was upset… and drunk… and I forced you to do… that…”

“No, no, I’m sorry, I should have been more careful,” Sunggyu replied, apologetically. “I shouldn’t have allowed myself to get so drunk. I’m partly responsible too, Woohyun. I’m sorry. Please… Please don’t hate me…”

Woohyun’s head swiveled to him in shock. “Hate? Why would I hate you, hyung?”

Sunggyu visibly swallowed and he couldn’t meet Woohyun’s eyes. “The last time… the last time I was in bed with another man… it was back in college. And after, he… well… he stopped talking to me and completely cut me off from his life…”

That was news to Woohyun. He didn’t know about that about Sunggyu’s past. He couldn’t blame him for wanting to hide that part. It wasn’t like most people would be open to the idea. But, good thing Woohyun wasn’t like most people.

“I’m not going to cut you from my life, hyung,” he said, gently.

He heard the fear in Sunggyu’s voice. That guy… had hurt his hyung.

Woohyun swallowed before nudging Sunggyu’s side. “Remember when I told you about my first kiss? I told you it was a sunbae. Well… that sunbae… was a guy.”

Just like that, it felt like a giant weight had been lifted from Woohyun’s shoulders.

Wow. It actually felt good to finally say that out loud.

He hadn’t recalled that incident in years, pushing it to the back of his mind. He had pretended for years that it didn’t happen, that it had all been a dream.

To be honest, that incident had scared him a little. Confused him, even. So, he tried to forget it.

Besides, he dated Chungha soon after so it didn’t matter anymore at that time.

"So, it's okay, really," he continued, laughing a little. "It's fine."

“Oh… I… I see…” Sunggyu said, sounding relieved. “Still, I’m really sorry, Woohyun. Let’s… let’s forget this happened, okay?”

At those words, Woohyun’s heart dropped. It had made sense. It wasn’t like they were attracted to each other, right? It was all drunken . No meaning to it.

But, even that logical explanation didn’t settle well with Woohyun. Now, he was even more confused than ever.

Meanwhile, Sunggyu had already gotten up and began picking up their clothes from the floor and putting them on the back of a chair. Woohyun tried hard not to stare at the older’s back, that was sporting red scratches. (Did he do that? He wasn’t quite as… violent… when he was Chungha.)

Then, Sunggyu picked up the rings. He stared at them for a moment before placing Woohyun's ring on top of the cabinet and taking his own, but not wearing it.

“I’m going to take a shower,” Sunggyu announced, back still too Woohyun. “I think the connecting door is unlocked. We can go down to breakfast before we head out.”

“Okay. Thanks, hyung.”

Sunggyu continued on to the bathroom, closing the door with a ‘click’ behind him.

Sighing, Woohyun forced himself to get up, legs a little shaky. He gave himself a few minutes to gather himself before taking his clothes and his ring and using the connecting door to head to his room.

Breakfast wasn’t as awkward as Woohyun thought it would be. Sunggyu acted normal, talking to him like nothing had transpired the night before. They had both even worn their rings again. 

On their way to the parking lot to Sunggyu’s car, they almost ran into Kyungmi and Chungha in the lobby. Woohyun had seen them and managed to grab Sunggyu and hide behind a wall until the two women left.

Woohyun had stared at his wife’s back, wondering if she would feel his presence. But, she never looked back. He felt relieved at that. He couldn’t face her just yet. He needed to ready himself.

The drive back to Seoul was quieter than the drive to Pyeongchang. Only the radio made any kind of sound, filling the silence in the car.

When Sunggyu arrived by his apartment to drop him off, Woohyun turned to him.

“Hyung, I promise you, nothing will change between us, okay?”

To reassure him, he reached out to pat the older’s hand and also somehow ended up giving it a soft squeeze.

He was about to open the door when Sunggyu’s soft, “Woohyun” stopped him.

The older sported a guilty look. “I’m really sorry,” he whispered.

“I’m sorry too,” Woohyun replied, not really sure what either of them was apologizing to each other for.

He felt his chest aching. He didn’t like seeing Sunggyu so upset.

“What are you going to do now?” Sunggyu asked.

That, Woohyun knew what he was referring to. He swallowed.

“I don’t know,” he answered, softly and honestly. “I really don’t know.”

 


A/N: Phew! What a chapter! A lot happened! I'm sure you guys are aching for the answers to your questions. But, fret not! Because you will get them in the next chapter! 

Finally! Lol, I know you were all waiting but I hope that sweet moment at the end made up for it. 

Well, this author's note is not as long as my other ones because I know you guys are aching to scream at me for just slapping that Woogyu in there without warning lol. So, how was this chapter? Do you think Sunggyu is getting over Kyungmi? Do you think Woohyun is finally opening his eyes and giving up a war he can't win?

'Til the next one!

Last note: To any fans of Kim Dong Yoon of Spectrum and MIXNINE, I just want to extend my condolences to you at this tragic time. Please know that if you need someone to talk to about your grief, I am willing to lend you my ear. I know that nothing I can say can ease that pain in your heart, but I will do my best to bring you comfort.

R.I.P. Kim Dong Yoon. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. Say "hi" to Jonghyun, Minwoo, Rise, and EunB for us. We know you'll be watching all of us K-pop fans. You will be missed.