Headrush

Our Wives

For what felt like the hundredth time in the last hour and a half, Woohyun sighed.

Sitting on the dining table with his chin on his palm and his other hand on the handle of his mug of tea, he stared with what he knew was a sad expression towards Chungha on the couch. The T.V. was on a variety show program but she wasn’t paying attention to it, eyes solely on her phone, a smile playing on her lips as she typed.

She was texting Kyungmi, he had no doubt about it!

Pouting, he picked up his own phone next to him and typed his own text message: “Hyung, I tried to get Chungha to have with me again tonight but she said she wanted to watch this Weekly Idol episode, but she’s not even watching! She’s texting your wife!”

The reply came less than a minute later: “Kyungmi and I are watching the same episode.”

Woohyun huffed as he typed up a reply.

“I’m bored!”

“Why don’t you watch the show with her?”

“I’m intimidated by that Choi Minho guy.”

“He’s very handsome.”

“I’m more handsome!”

“So you say.”

If the older were in front of him right at that moment, Woohyun would have stuck his tongue out in retaliation. Yes, it was childish but it expressed his feelings at that moment.

Before he could think of a reply, Sunggyu sent him a follow-up text: “What are you doing on Sunday night?”

Woohyun blinked in surprise at the unexpected question. He responded: “Nothing really. Was just going to stay in. Why?”

The reply took a minute: “I have VIP tickets to JYJ’s concert. Do you want to come with me? I don’t know anyone else except you who’s a fan.”

Woohyun could feel his eyes practically bulge out of their sockets: “Seriously?! How did you even get tickets?! I tried but it sold out in under 5 minutes!”

“I have my sources.”

Woohyun could practically hear the older man’s cocky tone in that simple text, but nonetheless, he excitedly replied: “Yes! Hyung, you’re the best!”

“What’s got you all happy?”

Woohyun looked up from his phone to see Chungha peeking over the sofa at him, head tilted to the side in curiosity. The chef then realized that he was sporting a grin so huge that his cheeks were practically hurting.

“Ah, my friend has JYJ concert tickets,” he told her, practically vibrating. “And they asked me to come with them.”

“Oohh, the one that was sold out? That’s great, yeobo!” Chungha replied, clapping her hands softly. “You’ve been spending a lot of time together with this new friend, huh? I’m so glad you found someone with common interests! I’m sure you’ll both have a great time!”

Indeed, a month had passed and he and Sunggyu have been meeting up once a week to discuss their progress with each other and any future plans. He talked plenty about him to Chungha as well, hoping to stir any jealousy or concern on her part. But, disappointingly, she was encouraging.

“Is it okay?” Woohyun asked her anyway, not wanting her to feel lonely on Sunday.

But, Chungha waved a hand in dismissal. “I’ll be fine, I can always find something else to do. You go and have fun with your friend!”

Under normal circumstances, Woohyun would probably be disappointed that she let him go so easily and without protest, as usual.

But, this was JYJ they were talking about! The best band (in Woohyun’s opinion) in the world! And he could finally wear his new “Kim Jaejoong” t-shirt!

Besides, he was curious as to what CEO Kim Sunggyu was like at a concert.

 


 

Come Sunday night, Sunggyu dressed in his simplest button-down and comfortable jeans, bid his wife goodbye (she claimed that she was going out to dinner with a friend a.k.a. dinner with Chungha), and got into his car to drive to Woohyun’s apartment.

He had never been there but the younger instructed him to wait for him a block away to avoid any possible run-ins with a curious Chungha, who was now asking her husband plenty of questions about his “new friend”.

It wasn’t exactly jealousy but it was something. Sunggyu couldn’t do the same thing with Kyungmi, though. His wife was not a jealous person.

He reached the intersection Woohyun told him about and parked before pulling out his phone to send a text to the other. Woohyun immediately responded that he was on his way. Sunggyu fixed his collar and checked his hair on the rearview mirror – the younger always looked good so he didn’t want to look like a slob next to him.

A knock on the window broke his concentration and he turned his head to see the younger waving through the glass. Sunggyu unlocked the car and Woohyun slipped in with a grin.

The younger’s hair was brushed out, a clear crystal stud earring was clipped on his left ear (Sunggyu didn’t even realize he had piercings), and he was wearing a black leather jacket with the red JYJ t-shirt they had bought together underneath.

“Hi, hyung!” Woohyun greeted, busying himself with strapping his seatbelt on. All settled, he looked around the car and whistled. “Fancy! How much did this cost?”

Sunggyu opened his mouth to answer but Woohyun quickly added, “Actually, don’t answer that. I might faint before the concert.”

The older could see that the chef didn’t mean any malice with it, he was simply teasing. So Sunggyu just chuckled and began to drive.

“Hyung, seriously, how did you get tickets?” Woohyun asked, practically bouncing on his seat.

“I told you, I have connections,” Sunggyu simply answered.

“Hyung.”

Sunggyu chuckled, deciding to spare him. “Okay. Our company is one of their sponsors. As thanks, I was given a few tickets to give away.” He flashed a smile at his vibrating companion beside him. “I saved two for us since I figured you’d like to see them.”

“You’re really the best, hyung! We’re going to have so much fun!”

The entire drive to the concert venue, Sunggyu allowed Woohyun to plug in his phone and play JYJ songs. The younger spent the entire drive singing and dancing in his seat. His voice was nice and he could definitely hold a tone. Sunggyu wanted to tell him to save his voice but Woohyun’s joy was too amusing so he allowed it to continue, singing along to a few of the songs that he knew.

Let your feelings go… You don’t have to fight… Don’t be shy… Put you on my back seat… Back seat… Back seat,” Woohyun continued to sing as Sunggyu pulled into the V.I.P. parking lot.

They got into the venue with no delay, due in part to Sunggyu’s own V.I.P. status and Woohyun immediately left his side in order to line up for merchandise and snacks.

When they’re all settled with everything they needed (or in Woohyun’s case, a lightstick, sweatshirt, a poster, and a box of nachos with a medium-sized drink), Sunggyu led the excited young chef to their seats… near the front and on a private balcony with the other V.I.Ps.

“Hyung, this is so cool.” Woohyun looked like he had found heaven as he looked around the venue and down the stage. “I should have brought a banner or a sign so Jaejoong-hyung can see me.”

Forcing his lips closed, Sunggyu had to refrain himself from telling the younger that they had backstage passes and would be able to meet JYJ after the concert. But, he figured doing that might disrupt the younger’s concentration and he might actually faint so Sunggyu would save the news for after the concert.

For the next two hours and a half, Sunggyu danced, threw his hands up in the air, and sang along to songs he barely knew. The last time he was at a concert was back in college and the euphoria and adrenaline that would accompany watching a performance came back to him all at once that it made him dizzy.

Beside him, Woohyun was practically about to fall onto his knees from elation as he screamed fan chants, waved his lightstick in the air, and yelled, “Jaejoong-hyung, saranghmida!”

And when JYJ sang their last set and waved goodbye to their fans, Woohyun was waving back so rapidly at the stage that Sunggyu wondered why his arm wasn’t falling off yet.

The lights came on and everyone began to move.

Woohyun sank into his chair, breathing deeply as he clutched his heart. His eyes were staring blankly into thin air as he murmured, “Hyung… that was… amazing… Jaejoong-hyung…. Yoochun-hyung… Junsu-hyung…. All… so… amazing…”

Chuckling, Sunggyu settled on the seat next to the dazed young man. He looked like he had just seen heaven and never wanted to come down. Woohyun never ceased to surprise and amuse him.

“Sunggyu-hyung…”

The CEO turned towards him. The younger’s smile was up to his ears, stars practically dancing in his soft brown eyes.

“Thank you for taking me,” said Woohyun, his tone of voice so sincerely full of gratitude that it made Sunggyu’s heart quicken. “This is honestly the best night ever.”

Sunggyu returned his smile and stood up. “The night is actually not over yet,” he stated, mysteriously.

Woohyun blinked. “What do you mean?”

In the next fifteen minutes, Sunggyu found himself chuckling in amusement at a love-struck Woohyun staring at Kim Jaejoong backstage.

“Kim Jaejoong, meet my friend Nam Woohyun,” introduced Sunggyu, gesturing from the amused idol to his tongue-tied fan. “And Nam Woohyun, meet Kim Jaejoong, main vocal of JYJ… and my cousin.”

Woohyun’s head snapped towards him, mouth open in shock. “Y-Your cousin?” he stammered.

“More of distant cousins but still family, nonetheless,” said Jaejoong, throwing an arm over Sunggyu’s shoulder and ruffling his hair, playfully.

Sunggyu batted him away with a whine of “Hyungggg”, feeling embarrassed at the childish display.

“He generously sponsored our concert series so of course, Yoochun and Junsu and I are eternally grateful,” Jaejoong continued with a wink at Sunggyu.

“I… I’m a h-huge fan, hyung, I mean, Jaejoong-shii,” Woohyun managed, attention back on Jaejoong.

The idol laughed. “You can call me, hyung, if you want. And thank you for your support, Woohyun-shii.”

“Y-You can speak to me, informally,” Woohyun replied, blushing.

“Woohyunnie, then,” said Jaejoong and Sunggyu rolled his eyes at his cousin’s flirtatious tone.

His cousin had the image of a suave and cool playboy but Sunggyu grew up with him. They were practically brothers. He knew some of his deepest darkest secrets. And one of them was that his cousin Jaejoong was a giant dork in real life.

“Jaejoong, what are you doing hogging the cute fan to yourself?”

Woohyun clearly gasped at the sight of the two other members of JYJ approaching them with grins on their sweaty faces. They gave Sunggyu a quick greeting while Jaejoong just chuckled and did introductions. Yoochun gave Woohyun a high-five and Junsu offered to take a selca.

“S-Sunggyu-hyung, will you…?”

Sunggyu took the phone from Woohyun’s shaking hands and told them all to pose. He almost laughed at the sight of a bright-eyed and close to crying Woohyun in the middle of three sweaty idols. Jaejoong’s arm was slung around over the young chef’s shoulders while Yoochun’s shoulder touched his. On Yoochun’s other side, Junsu flashed a peace sign.

“Woohyun-shii, are you hungry?” Junsu asked the younger man before turning to Sunggyu. “Sunggyu, mind if we steal your friend for a bit and feed him?”

Before Sunggyu could even answer, Yoochun had slung his arm around Woohyun’s shoulder and steered him towards the table of snacks, asking him questions about what he thought of the concert. Woohyun seemed too stunned to say anything or even protest that he was being led away from Jaejoong.

“He’s nice,” his cousin commented, watching as his bandmates handed the young chef a plate and began filling it up with various snacks.

Meanwhile, a staff member had come around and handed Jaejoong two bottles of water, one of which he gave to Sunggyu. The CEO took it gratefully and took a giant gulp – he just realized how parched he was feeling.

“How did you two meet?” Jaejoong continued to ask.

Sunggyu wasn’t really sure he wanted to share the whole story so he told a loose version.

“We met through our wives,” he simply said.

His cousin pouted in disappointment. “Aww, he’s married? That’s a shame. I thought I had a chance, for sure.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes, not buying it. “Hyung, you’re taken. How would…” He looked around briefly to be sure no one was listening. “How would Yunho-hyung feel if he knew you were hitting on married straight men?”

Jaejoong chuckled. “You sure he’s straight? With the way he was looking at me like he wanted to take me home, I’m not so sure.”

“Hyung!”

His cousin smirked at him. “Or maybe you’d prefer he take you home?”

“Hyung!” Sunggyu exclaimed again, this time a blush accompanying appalment at his cousin’s lack of shame.

Jaejoong let out an amused laugh, patting Sunggyu’s shoulder. “I’m joking, dongsaeng. And don’t you worry about my bear. He kisses women onscreen all the time, so I can at least have this.”

From the age of 16, Jaejoong came out as gay to only a select few members of their family, Sunggyu included (clearly, he was the older’s favorite cousin). It was kept under wraps, of course, as none of them wanted to sabotage their precious and sweet Jaejoong’s aspirations to be a singer. His bandmates were also privy to the information.

Then, five years ago, Jaejoong had started dating the actor Jung Yunho. From what Sunggyu had gathered from his cousin, himself, the two met when Yunho was selected as the main character for one of JYJ’s MV’s and hit it off as friends and drink buddies. The fangirls of both celebrities loved their interactions so much that they had begun to “ship” them. Apparently, after much “does he or does he not like me?”, some push and pull on both their sides, and many nights of mysterious brokenhearted tweets from Jaejoong, they had made it official… at least, for those who knew about their orientation.

Sunggyu was one of the first people Jaejoong had told and Yunho was even present at his wedding as Jaejoong’s plus one.

The CEO chuckled at the pettiness hidden in his cousin’s voice. He had always been a tad insecure, but his confidence had been better recently, most likely because of Yunho’s influence as well.

“Besides, you know I’m not like you, hyung,” Sunggyu continued, taking another swig from his water.

Jaejoong let out a snort. “Tell that to your old roommate,” he mumbled but Sunggyu caught it and felt his body grow cold at the memory.

“Hyung, please,” he pled, quietly.

Realizing what he had done, Jaejoong wrapped him in a one-arm hug. “I’m sorry, dongsaeng, that was out of line,” the idol said, squeezing his shoulder. “But… denying it over and over again won’t help-.”

“I’m not like you, hyung,” Sunggyu repeated, feeling his composure slip him. “I’m… I’m not brave like you…”

No, he would never be able to take a leap of faith like Jaejoong did when he admitted his uality. Granted, he wasn’t exactly out and proud but at least he had the guts to admit to himself who he really was.

Sunggyu didn’t.

“It wasn’t your fault, Sunggyu,” Jaejoong said, quietly. “That guy left because he was ashamed of himself and the things he did with you. But that had nothing to do with who you are, dongsaeng. He led you on, not the other way around.”

“I… I don’t want to talk about this,” Sunggyu pleaded. “Please, hyung.”

But, no matter how much he tried to forget, Sunggyu remembered those days as clear as light. His college roommate had been handsome, smart, and was a great friend. They got along extremely well. Until one night, both had gotten drunk and Sunggyu lost his ity to a man. But, to his confusion, it wasn’t unpleasant. In fact, he had been curious and apparently, so was his roommate. They slept together a few times that semester and Sunggyu believed that he may be falling. But, the very next semester, he found out his old roommate moved out and along the way, cut all ties with him. He had been ashamed of the things he and Sunggyu had done. That was the moment Sunggyu had decided to shut his heart and swore off men. (Sometimes, he wondered if that why he was so quick to say “yes” to the Park family’s proposal.)

His cousin Jaejoong was the only one who knew.

“B-Besides, hyung,” Sunggyu continued, trying to regain his composure. “I’m married, remember?”

Again, Jaejoong snorted. “It’s not like you and Kyungmi love each other, at least, not romantically like couples who marry for love do. You two tolerate each other and if anything, you’re more friends than lovers.” Jaejoong sighed. “But, what do I know? I’m just a gay man who can’t even legally get married in this country yet.”

Sunggyu was tempted right then and there to tell Jaejoong all about Kyungmi’s infidelity, but the older man had already removed his arm from Sunggyu’s shoulder and stretched, groaning as he did so.

“Still, it’s a shame,” he continued, looking over at Woohyun, who was now munching on a piece of chicken while hanging on to every one of Junsu’s words. “I just want you to be happy, dongsaeng. Besides, you and Woohyunnie would look really cute together.”

He winked at Sunggyu before bounding over to where his bandmates and his fan were, smoothly joining the conversation.

Meanwhile, Sunggyu stayed on his spot, seriously reflecting on his cousins’ words.

It wasn’t like he never thought Woohyun was handsome. In fact, that was his first observation of the younger when they first met. Plus, the more he got to know him, beyond the fiery yelling and accusations, the younger was sweet, funny, had an interesting sense of humor. His passion for his restaurant and his determination to fix his marriage were traits Sunggyu admired.

Woohyun was the type of person who would never give up on the things he cared about and would exude one-hundred and ten percent effort on everything.

Yes, he simply admired Woohyun, that was all.

Across the way, Woohyun looked up and met his eyes. He smiled and waved.

“Sunggyu-hyung! What are you doing all the way there? Come have food too!”

And that was absolutely not Sunggyu’s heart skipping a beat.

 


 

It has been three days since the JYJ concert and Woohyun was still on cloud nine just thinking about it. The concert, itself, was tons of funs with all the cool lights and the colorful stages. The 3 members were as phenomenal live as they were on the T.V. performances Woohyun would watch. Kim Jaejoong was as handsome as in all the photos and videos. And he and the other members were so incredibly nice and made him feel so welcome, like he was a friend and not simply a fan.

And he owed it all to Sunggyu. 

The older had definitely surprised Woohyun by not simply sitting down and watching the concert, as he had half-expected from serious businessman-types like Sunggyu. But, he actually enjoyed the concert like... well... like a normal person!

And Woohyun had a ton of fun with him.

The chef definitely had his gratitude for the CEO in mind when he whipped up two servings of the chef’s special and packed them into lunch boxes. The lunch hour was about to begin so he untied his apron and turned to his sous chef, who was nervously standing behind him, waiting for orders.

“Sungyeol, you’re in charge today. Good luck.”

The tall and fresh out of culinary school young man fiddled the hem of his apron. “Are you sure, hyung?”

Woohyun had informed him the day before that he was running some errands during lunch and that he was giving him an opportunity to run the kitchen while he was out. Sungyeol was a skilled and talented chef but he had some confidence issues that often caused him to hesitate or second-guess his decisions. Woohyun hoped that putting him in charge of the kitchen for a few hours would give him that boost of confidence he needed so he could learn to trust himself.

Woohyun patted him on the shoulder, as comfortingly as he could. “You’ll be fine. But, just in case, I have my phone so you can get in touch with me if you run into any issues. But, I’ll be back by 1pm, okay?”

The tall man nodded before flashing him a teasing grin with a pointed look at the packed food. “Are you bringing lunch to the missus?”

Woohyun shook his head with a faint smile. “Nah, she’s probably busy. Besides, I cook for her all the time. This is for a friend.”

“Oohh…” Sungyeol whispered. “You’re not being naughty behind the missus’ back, are you, hyung?”

Rolling his eyes, Woohyun placed a spatula in the sous chef’s hand. “I’m a very loyal husband. Now, it’s your kitchen for the next two hours and a half.”

With a few last-minute instructions to the kitchen staff, Woohyun dropped off his things at his locker before heading out to the parking lot.

He drove to Seoul headquarters of Kim Hotels and Resorts. He took the elevator to the floor of CEO’s office and informed the questioning secretary who he was. She swiftly called her boss and Woohyun and his lunch boxes were let in with no problem.

Sunggyu looked up at him from a document with a smile. “Hey, Woohyun. I wasn’t expecting you. What brings you here today?”

Grinning, Woohyun replied, “Hey, Sunggyu-hyung. Remember when you told me you wanted to try my cooking someday?”

Sunggyu raised an intrigued brow. “I vaguely recall.”

Coolly, Woohyun lifted the lunchboxes up for the CEO to see. “Today is your lucky day, Mr. Kim! Want to have lunch together?”

Sunggyu appeared to perk up as he nodded and picked up the phone.

“Bora-shii, I’m taking my lunch break,” he told his secretary before hanging up.

Sunggyu got up and led Woohyun to a long table in one corner of the office. It looked like one that would be used for meetings with multiple people at once.

Woohyun set up the food there while Sunggyu cleared it of folders, papers, and various other things.

Soon, sitting across each other, both had Tupperware boxes filled to the brim with kimchi fried rice, pickled radishes, steamed eggplants, and a few pieces of vegetable pancakes. A canister of seaweed soup was between them, along with little Styrofoam bowls and plastic spoons that Woohyun had brought. Sunggyu had also taken out two bottles of cola from his personal fridge for them to drink. It was practically a feast.

Woohyun watched in amusement as Sunggyu enthusiastically dug into the food, letting out soft groans after each bite.

“How is it?” the chef asked when Sunggyu’s box was almost half-empty.

“I’ve never had anything so good in my entire life,” the CEO replied before stuffing another pancake into his mouth. “Where did you learn to cook so well?”

Woohyun shrugged. “Growing up, my parents worked a lot so my brother and I were often left at home to feed ourselves. He and I would sometimes cook to surprise our parents after a long day.”

“That’s very thoughtful,” Sunggyu stated before picking up his bowl of soup and taking a sip. He sighed. “I don’t know why Chungha would look for someone else when you can cook such great food. Kyungmi can’t even make instant noodles.” He chuckled. “She was pampered her entire life.”

“I know, right?” Woohyun found himself laughing at the mention of their wives. “Especially when my cooking has a special secret ingredient.”

Sunggyu chuckled. “I forgot. I’m finally tasting that secret ingredient called love.”

When he finished the sentence, the older’s face seem to have changed and he suddenly looked confused.

Woohyun wondered if there was something in the seaweed soup and quickly grabbed his own bowl to taste it. The soup tasted perfectly fine, nothing out of the ordinary.

“Is the soup bad?” he found himself asking, anyway.

Across from him, Sunggyu shook his head, still staring oddly at the soup. “Not at all. It’s good.” And as if to prove a point, he took a sip of the broth and sighed. “It’s really good.”

Woohyun found himself blushing at the praise.

Forgetting the odd incident, the conversation moved on. They talked about their childhood and high school life. Woohyun went to public schools all his life whereas Sunggyu went to private schools. Somewhere along the way of school talk, they got into the topic of firsts.

First crush. Obviously, Chungha for Woohyun. She was the prettiest girl in the playground. Sunggyu’s was his nanny but she resigned when she got married. By then, Sunggyu was already too old for a nanny.

First date. Woohyun wasn’t sure if spending an afternoon getting ice cream with a girl who had a crush on him during middle school counted as a date but Sunggyu said it did. The older’s was apparently with a daughter of one of his parents’ business associates, whom they set him up with when he was 16 but it never went anywhere.

First girlfriend. Woohyun’s was Chungha, of course. Sunggyu’s was a classmate in college but it didn’t last – he later found out that she was only with him because he was rich so he ended things with her.

And the grand finale, the first kiss.

Sunggyu pursed his lips in thought, chopsticks between his teeth. “Does my nanny count? She used to kiss me goodnight.”

Between them, the lunch boxes laid empty.

Woohyun shook his head. “No way. Give me the juicy stuff, hyung!”

Sunggyu chuckled. “Alright. Then… one of my high school classmates. I don’t remember her name but we played Truth or Dare during a class trip and they dared her to kiss me.”

Woohyun chortled. “Was she cute?”

“I suppose so,” was Sunggyu’s simple answer before flashing him a smirk. “And yourself? And you better tell me the juicy stuff, Nam.”

Woohyun felt himself blush but he supposed he deserved that. “It was a sunbae from high school.”

“I see. You like older women, huh?”

Woohyun chuckled, softly. “Something like that. Anyway, it didn’t really lead to anything since I dated Chungha soon after.”

“That poor girl. I guess she had nothing when it comes to your Chungha, huh?

Woohyun laughed again before shaking his head. He checked the time and realized that it was close to 1pm and he still had to pack up and drive back. He wished he could stay longer and talk more, but duty called.

“As much fun as this is, hyung, I have to go or my sous chef will panic and burn my INSPIRIT to the ground and I don’t want that.”

Sunggyu nodded in understanding and helped him clean up and pack up the boxes.

“Thanks for the lunch, Woohyun,” the CEO stated as he walked the chef to the door. “Next time again, okay? I want to try whatever else is on your menu.”

Grinning, Woohyun winked. “You got it, hyung!”

Bidding him goodbye, Woohyun left the building, whistling as he playfully swung the bag of lunchboxes.

A good meal with good company always put him in the best mood.

Sure, he had forgotten to text Sungyeol and he had arrived to the younger panicking and begging him not to leave him alone again.

Yet, he had a pretty great day.

 


 

Humming to himself, Sunggyu entered his home, tired from the day yet strangely happy.

Woohyun brought him lunch that day and to say that he was surprised was an understatement. The gesture had caught him off-guard. For years, he had lived on takeouts ordered by his secretary or eating out at restaurants with business partners and clients. Never had anyone brought him a fresh home-cooked meal before.

(Okay, so Woohyun made at his restaurant but it was a family restaurant so it was pretty much home-cooked anyway. He just really liked Woohyun’s cooking and wondered if INSPIRIT did takeouts. He would have to ask the younger.)

“I’m home,” he mumbled, entering the living room on his way upstairs.

He didn’t expect Kyungmi calmly sitting on the couch face him and greet, “Welcome home!”

Sunggyu couldn’t hide his surprise. Usually, she didn’t stick around in the living room, preferring to watch T.V. in their bedroom or to catch up on some more work in her home office.

“Hi,” he greeted as she got up from the couch to peck his cheek.

“Seems like you had a good day,” she said, teasingly. “I heard humming when you came in. Anything big happened at work?”

Sunggyu shook his head but allowed himself a small smile. “I just had a really good lunch from this new place. I can’t stop thinking about the food.”

Kyungmi laughed. “That must have been some really good food then if you’re actually telling me about it.”

Sunggyu chuckled. “It was. Maybe I’ll bring you there one day.”

One day when she and Woohyun’s wife stopped seeing each other, maybe. But, at this point, it seemed really unlikely.

“Maybe… this Saturday?” Kyungmi continued.

Sunggyu blinked, uncomprehending. “This Saturday?”

Did he forget their anniversary? But that wasn’t for another four months. Her birthday? She just had it a few months ago. His birthday? That was done too.

Kyungmi bit her lip, seeming to hesitate before continuing, “Well… you know how you said that we haven’t really been spending a lot of time together?”

Brow raised, Sunggyu tilted his head.

Kyungmi was practically gnawing on her lip now but nonetheless flashed him a smile.

“Let’s go on a date. This Saturday. Just you and me.”

 


A/N: Dun. Dun. Dun. Kyungmi asked Sunggyu on a date?! What's happening, guys?! Is this story still WooGyu?!

Lol to answer that last question, this story is still very much Woogyu. And what's happening? You would have to wait until the next chapter!

So, we learn a little bit about Sunggyu's past here. That he did fall for a guy at least once in his life (or almost fell but semantics) but was screwed over (no pun intended, forgive me lol) and got left behind. Meanwhile, his dear cousin Jaejoong just wants his little cousin to be true to himself and find his happiness, just like Jaejoong did (because WooGyu and YunJae are life lol). Jaejoong might show up again so don't miss him too much!

As for Woohyun, he still really wants to fix his marriage but Chungha is not falling for any of his plans. He's definitely more stubborn than Sunggyu when it comes to examining his feelings, unlike Sunggyu who's starting to really feel things and even question his marriage. I'm going to be exploring that more in the next chapter so please anticipate it.

Anyway, I'm going on another weekend trip so the next chapter might not be up until next week, depending on my workload this week as well as how much I manage to get done. 

As always, feel free to share your thoughts with me!

Til the next one!