Fourteen

Trickling Red

 

The men entered the morgue. As reluctant as they might be, they shuffled forward. Junsu was tearing up at the stench. He took a step back, exiting the door to catch another breath of fresh air. When he came back in, Changmin was staring at him. The taller male did not say anything. Junsu rubbed medicated oil near his nostrils and covered his nose with a few pieces of tissue paper.
 
Taking out a hankerchief each, Changmin and Yoochun folded it to form a square. They covered their nose. On the other hand, Jaejoong lifted up the collar of his shirt to his nose to block out the smell. 
 
It was not their first time being here but the stench of death was something one could not get used to.
 
Before them, a female analyst was standing beside a body — Soojin's body. A white cloth was over her chest and all the way down her legs. Her arms were sticking out of the cloth. The analyst's voice was muffled when she greeted the cops. She was wearing a mask.
 
Her gloved hands ran across the girl's stiff arms, showing several cuts. Then, she moved to the side of the head and revealed a deep cut down the throat. She proceeded to move to the top of the girl's already shaved head to show a swell — an internal bleeding due to the fall off the building. 
 
When she finished, they proceeded to an air-conditioned room where the air is fresher and less stale.
 
"How do I address you?" Jaejoong began, stretching out his hand.
 
"Ms Lee would be fine," the female analyst said, taking hold of his hand for a handshake.
 
All of them took a seat and they jumped right into the reason of the meeting. 
 
"This is not just a mere case of a girl committing suicide. Scratches and bruises are inevitable during the fall but such cuts are definitely done by someone else," Ms Lee stated.
 
Jaejoong nodded. He was right. 
 
"The gash at the throat is 1-inch deep and 0.1-inch wide." Ms Lee said, passing a duplicate copy of the report to Jaejoong. 
 
Jaejoong took a glance at the report before looking at the analyst again.
 
"We've found three different types of fingerprints on the deceased. They're Kim Jaeseop, Lee Donghae and Song Minjae, the deceased's mother."
 
Junsu flipped open his laptop to search for any criminal records for the people mentioned. 
 
"Kim Jaeseop has been fined several times for animal abuse while Lee Donghae and Song Minjae have clear records," Junsu informed.
 
Ms Lee waited for Junsu to finish before carrying on,"There were no signs of struggle so we did a test. Song Soojin has inhaled chloroform."
 
"Maybe... Just maybe, do you think this is related to the recent serial murders?" Yoochun punctuated.
 
The room fell silent for a while.
 
Changmin was first to break the quietness, "I doubt so. Why would the murderer leave so many clues now after hiding so well for the past few cases? It doesn't make sense!"
 
Everyone nodded in agreement. 
 
"But we still must take note of it. There's still a possibility," commented Jaejoong. 
 
"There's a factor that proves that it's not similar though. The blood lost isn't something which is doubtful, like the previous cases," Ms Lee added on. 
 
"Thank you for your time today," Jaejoong said and all of them bowed slightly before leaving.
 
Soojin's mother had an alibis that she was nowhere near her daughter hours before her death. She was with her husband. It was reasonable that the clothes belonging to the child would have her mother's fingerprints. Mrs Song did the laundry and put the clothes back to the respective cupboards.
 
Lee Donghae had an alibis too. He had met Soojin but after that, he continued on to work at the host club. He only left at six in the morning which was after Soojin had died. Many of his colleagues could prove that he was at work. Yunho did come into contact with Soojin however, vampires did not have fingerprints. It was impossible for humans to know that he could be a potential suspect. He almost killed her. Almost but did not. 
 
Kim Jaeseop had no alibis at all thus, he became the ultimate suspect. Once the police had obtained the search warrant, they entered his house.
 
Changmin squatted down beside the coffee table. He narrowed his eyes at the great amount of chewing gums lying on the table. They were of a strange flavour — orange mint. Kim Jaeseop must have liked it a lot. Junsu found a shirt with bloodstains soaking in a bucket in the toilet. Yoochun found a bottle of chloroform in a cupboard under the kitchen sink. Since Jaejoong was with Yoochun, he spotted something in the kitchen too. Ceramic knifes that were capable of giving a cut which was 0.1-inch wide. He passed the knifes to the forensic department and it was testified that one of them once had human blood covering the whole blade. 
 
Kim Jaeseop was arrested.
 
*****
 
Changmin cracked his knuckles and his eyes twinkled. He lifted up a foldable chair, spinning it around once before slamming in down against the concrete floor. He gave a mismatched eye smile which could make anyone whimper in fear. Yet, the twenty-one year old male sitting before him kept a straight face.
 
The man had his hair short and dyed light brown in light. He had a smug smile on his face.
 
"I heard that you were being incooperative, Mister," said Changmin, dropping his tone.
 
The man shrugged his shoulders and leant further back into his chair. His hand was handcuffed to the table. Yawning, he scratched his tummy with his free hand.
 
"I'm hungry. Give me food," demanded the suspect, not even trying to stifle another yawn.
 
"You―" Changmin scoffed. "What makes you think―"
 
The cop paused mid-sentence, an idea sprouting in his mind. The corners of his lips were stretched into a creepy grin.
 
Changmin left to prepare a bowl of ramen while Junsu took his place. He figured that he would be faster than calling a food delivery. He did not have much patience to wait.
 
Minutes later, he was back with spicy ramen. Placing it on the table, the suspect gobbled the food up.
 
When he was done, he let out a loud burp. Lazily, he wiped his mouth with his hand and cleaned it on his trousers. The man stretched as far as he could and sighed blissfully. 
 
Changmin was pissed. He spun the lamp on the table around and changed the angle, shining the light into the man's face.
 
"Quit it, punk! It's hurting my eyes!" he shouted, shielding his eyes with his arm.
 
"Punk?" Changmin laughed. "Who are you to call me that?"
 
He glared at Changmin, still remaining tight-lipped. Changmin pulled his chair nearer to the table and leant back. Resting his arms on the table, he tapped his fingers against the mahogany table. He looked straight into the suspect's eyes and waited. And waited.
 
He clenched his stomach and he said that he needed to go to the Gents. A police officer came rushing in to release the cuff which bound the man to the table, leading him out. Then he came back to only be brought back to the toilet. Puzzled, Junsu nudged Changmin in his ribs.
 
The lanky man shrugged his shoulders and murmured, "Oh, just a sprinkle of laxative."
 
Junsu wriggled his eyebrows and gave a broad smile. Knocking their fists together, they made it a silent promise not to tell Jaejoong about it.
 
The man returned after his sixth trip to the bathroom. His face was drained off its colour and his legs were so weak that he needed support to walk. He plonked himself down on the chair and the officer cuffed his hand back to the table.
 
"W-what d-did you d-do to me?" He muttered, voice shaky.
 
"Kim Jaeseop, are you willing to tell me now?" asked Changmin, triumph was written all over his face.
 
The male nodded weakly, eyes half-lidded. He was breathing heavily.
 
"Keep your word. If not, the next time would be worse," Changmin stated.
 
The interrogation was postponed till Jaeseop was better.
 
 
________________________________________________________________
Hi! Kim Jaeseop aka UKiss' AJ! Haha, I always wanted to make him a bad guy. 
 
Oh... I realised smth. In a much earlier chapter, I mentioned a cut that's 1-inch deep and 0.3-inch wide. (Yunho's case) Bleh, I'm so sorry. Haha my conversion of cm to inch failed. Sorry. It's supposed to be 0.1-inch wide. 
 
Next update: unsure :p