Chapter 4- Broken

Fated To Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4- Broken

 

“You look amazing Baekie,” Minseok squealed as he finished styling Baekhyun’s fluffy hair, that now fell in some loose waves around his face, Baekhyun cheeks reddened, the blush lightly dusted onto his cheeks adding the extra rosiness. “Thank you Mini,” Baekhyun got up from his vanity chair and went to examine himself in the mirror, Baekhyun gasped as he saw the final touches Minseok made to his hair and face. He wore a baby pink oversized sweater, paired with a black and white striped turtleneck and a pair of black distressed jeans.

 

His hair never looked so good and light pink blush and the glossy lips just tied everything together. “Chanyeol is going to be in awe when he sees you,” Baekhyun smiles widely at his best friend, thanking him again for helping him get ready for his date. It was their 3-month anniversary today and Channie said he had planned something special for Baekhyun. He was excited but nervous at the same time. Baekhyun sent a quick text to Chanyeol stating that he was leaving now and making his way to the restaurant that Chanyeol made a reservation for.

~

Baekhyun sat at the table waiting patiently for his boyfriend’s arrival. He quickly checked his appearance with phone, making sure that he looked enough for his boyfriend. Chanyeol often told Baekhyun he was pretty and Baekhyun would always feel like he was on cloud 9 when he did, so he always made sure he looked perfect for his boyfriend no matter what.

 

Half hour passed by and there was no sign of Chanyeol. Baekhyun called his boyfriend a few times but it went straight to voicemail each time ‘Maybe something came up and he’s just running late’ Baekhyun thought to himself, leaning back into his seat, trying to get more comfortable as he waited for Chanyeol.

 

Half hour turned into an hour, and an hour turned to two and there was still no sign of Chanyeol, Baekhyun sighed as Chanyeol’s phone went to voicemail yet again “Excuse me sir, I’m sorry but the restaurant is closing now,” Baekhyun looked up at the waiter’s sympathetic face, trying hard to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. He nodded and got up from his table making his way to the exit. Baekhyun walked along the sidewalk, his head hung low in misery. ‘did Chanyeol forget about tonight? Or did something happen to him’ Baekhyun felt sick to his stomach thinking about the latter.

 

He quickly pulled out his phone from his pocket to call Chanyeol again when a car slowed to a stop next to him on the sidewalk, the passenger side window rolled down to reveal a dishevelled Chanyeol peering at Baekhyun from the driver’s side “Sorry I’m so late, something came up, hop in,” Baekhyun breathed a sigh of relief as he saw that his boyfriend was ok, he quickly got into the car asking his boyfriend if he was alright. Chanyeol just nodded and drove off. Baekhyun sank down into the passenger seat, not knowing what else to say “Here.” Chanyeol said placing a bouquet of roses in his lap “Happy Anniversary,” Baekhyun beamed hugging the bouquet tightly to his chest.

 

 ‘Channie didn’t forget after all,’ He was happy despite the ruined dinner plans. He was so happy in fact, that he didn’t realize the faint smell of cheap women’s perfume in the air and the red lipstick stain on his boyfriend’s collar.

 

~

Baekhyun sniffled as he borrowed his head deep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter