Shaking Wits

A Helping Hand
Please log in to read the full chapter

The running water of the shower could be heard from Seulgi’s spot on the couch. As quick as the droplets fell they were no match for the running thoughts in her head. She laid there lifeless watching her beloved dog try to snuggle impossibly closer to her. Brushing his ears back she exhaled deeply, the questions filled her mind were the same ones that plagued her long ago. Sighing she rubbed her eyes trying to think why did she just let the woman back in after all these years. The beeping of her phone saved her before she spiraled down in her feelings. 

Unknown:
Hey! Is this Seulgi? Wendy gave me your number to check in if we’re still on for tonight, I hope thats okay?

Seulgi raised her brow amused at the sudden message. One she had no idea who her best friend was setting her up with and two the girl didn’t even include her name in the message. Texting back with curiosity she shifted so her body was seated and not sprawled out on her couch. 

Unknown:
Oh my gosh I’m sorry! I’m Jisoo and I’m really looking forward to meeting you tonight. 

Jisoo...

Why did that name sound so familiar to her? Maybe Wendy had spoken about her before or something along those lines. Anyway she should get ready, she wasn’t one to bail on others. Sitting up with a groan and pushing off Kai who seemed persistent to stay sprawled across her. Seulgi walked over to her bedroom opening the door only to fling her phone onto her bed hopping it won’t bounce off. She waddled her way over to the bathroom Juhyun was using. Seulgi knocked gently making Juhyun open the door with a shy expression and pink tinted cheeks. The monolid woman felt her heart leap into at the sight. The shorter woman was standing there nervous with blushing cheeks, dressed in her clothing and sporting a baby bump. Seulgi won’t deny that she hadn’t thought of seeing the raven like this when they were dating. She dreamed of marrying the love of her life and starting a family but she knows the baby isn’t hers nor is Juhyun. Snapping out of haze she blushed and swallowed harshly cringing at how dry had become. Meanwhile thoughts and what ifs ran through Juhyun’s mind, wearing the younger girl’s clothes brought back a rush of nostalgia. Seulgi’s clothing still smelled like citrus with a hint of Jasmine. It was always her safety net besides the actual girl herself if only things didn’t turn out the way they did. 

“J-Juhyun I just wanted to let you know I’ll be going out tonight I kinda promised Seungwan that I would go out on this date.” Seulgi finally managed to choke out not missing the way the woman tensed at the mention of a date. Scratching her cheek she looked down and noticed Kai sitting between them with his ears pressed back. He was sitting fairly closer to Juhyun and she couldn’t help but feel a little betrayed. 

“I won’t be out very late because I have meetings tomorrow but if you need anything call me from my business cell if you need anything, it’s on the kitchen table.” Seulgi smiled softly before going to her bedroom to grab whatever she would be wearing. When she had one foot in the vacant bathroom she saw Juhyun hesitantly stretching her hand out towards Kai who nuzzled gently into her palm telling her its okay. Giggling at this Juhyun felt more confident, scratching behind his ears and traveling down to his fluffy neck. Seulgi couldn’t help her swelling heart watching the woman who was still possibly the love of her life and her best companion get along, especially knowing how Juhyun was scared of animals. She managed to barely hear what the older woman said. 

“Kai I don’t know what to do anymore... should I do it?”

Blinking at the soft spoken words she quietly closed the bathroom door before turning to stare at herself in the spotless mirror. Her thoughts were such a mess at the moment she couldn’t focus on anything. She hadn’t even notice that she had changed in the meantime. What had Juhyun meant when she said that, maybe it was her just over thinking but something felt off. Rubbing her face she grabbed her leather jacket and stepped into living room. Seulgi just wanted to have a nice evening possibly become friends with the girl because in all honesty she wasn’t looking for a relationship, Wendy kinda promised her to go in return for taking care of Kai. 

“Kai? Do you know any tricks?” She froze behind the couch when she heard the older woman speak from it. Her dog simply looked at her before walking closer to Juhyun with curious eyes. He sat when told, he shook, spoke, rolled over and laid down. Juhyun squealed with joy each time he did what he was asked to while Seulgi watched with eyes full of betrayal at her dog, never was he this calm and obedient with her. 

“If I knew where your treats were I would give you one boy.” Juhyun smiled softly at him as she gently scratched behind his ears. 

Swallowing the lump in she walked over to the kitchen to grab the jar of dog biscuits handing two to the older woman. Jumping slightly at her presence Juhyun smiled weakly up at her. 

“They’re in the cabinet above the sink, if he deserves them he can have one or two don’t let him take advantage of you okay? He can be a sly boy.” Seulgi narrowed her eyes at the husky before turn back to her. Reminding her of what she said early about not hesitating to call nor to be afraid of looking around if she needs anything. With that she was out of the house and on her way. 

~*~

Juhyun didn’t know what to do with herself, its been years since she’s stepped foot into this house. Not much has changed from what she’s since except for some changes in furniture and tiling. When she first stepped in she was surprised that the younger girl still had the loveseat they bought together all those years ago. Her eyes stung with tears

Please log in to read the full chapter