Paint.

A Helping Hand
Please log in to read the full chapter

A mess wasn’t even close to describing what she felt and what the room looked like. Her hands trembled as she held her brush, staring down at all the colors that covered them.

Pink. 

Yellow. 

Orange. 

Red. 

Shades of each and every one of them yet she still could not understand. She couldn’t understand a single thought in her mind. The rush of emotions that she couldn’t sort through. What was happening to her? Why now, why did she have to care so damn much. Why is she still in love with her? Her floors were covered in layers of paint, everyday a new splatter or spill would make it’s way there. Showing her years of hard work and dedication. The sweat and tears she poured into her work but the canvas that sat on her easel screamed at her. Its been years since she had painted something so effortlessly. Irene was the last painting she did that was the same, it was her rise in the art community. Seulgi couldn’t understand a single thing that was happening to her. 

 

 

‘Did she just...? She kissed my palm...’

Juhyun stared at the spot with wide eyes barely attempting to hide her reaction. Glued to her spot she tried to register or even remotely process what had just happened. The artist had locked herself in her studio almost immediate. She had watched the interaction but couldn’t process it. The anger and rawness that came out Seulgi when she snapped at the man at the door. Never had she’d seen him coward at someone but his precious “Daddy”. She didn’t understand, her heart was racing. Her pulse was felt from her fingertips to her ears. A nudge at her leg finally snapped her out, Kai pawed at her gently urging her to follow him. Shaking her head and patting her cheeks she reached down to pet him. “Let’s go give you a treat for being such a good boy Kai.” Juhyun smiled down at the gorgeous animal and waddled to the kitchen with him in tow. 

 

~*~

 

4:53 AM

 

“Seulgi-ah?” Juhyun’s soft voice called out behind the shut door. The young artist hadn’t come out from her studio in hours and she had begun to worry. Knocking softly on the door she waited for an answer. No response. Biting her lip she knocked a bit harder rocking back and forth slightly on her feet. She could hear shuffling on the other side and a few wooden items fall onto the floor. Blinking at them she tilted her head not noticing the door slowly opening. Seulgi stood there covered in paint staring down at her with curious eyes. “Is everything okay Juhyun?” She asked making the older woman jump slightly in surprise. How did she not notice her open the door? Shaking her head she smiling softly at her tugging at the bottom of her shirt. 

“You haven’t eaten... I made you some food.” Juhyun muttered softly refusing to look up at the woman in front of her. Smiling softly Seulgi stepped out of her studio fully closing the door behind her. Wiping the remainder of wet paint onto her apron. They walked together down the hall before Juhyun stopped at the bedroom making Seulgi look back at her curiously. Bowing her head she muttered, “I hope you enjoy the meal Seulgi-ah.” Confused she furrowed her brow at the action blinking at her. 

“Come eat with me Juhyun.” She smiled making the woman stare back at her in surprise. 

“W-What?” She stuttered not understanding why she would want to eat together with her. 

“You prepared a delicious meal for us, you should come enjoy it with me.” Seulgi smiled at her before making her way towards the kitchen. Juhyun trailed behind her shyly confused. Seulgi had seated herself already and drooled over the sight of the dishes in

Please log in to read the full chapter