Leave.

A Helping Hand
Please log in to read the full chapter

Flushed cheeks and shaking hands. Her whole body felt as if it was on fire. Mouth hung open and wide eyed as she stared down at the sleeping girl on her guest bed. Her cheeks were tinted pink as well as she let out another soft moan before shifting onto her side. Seulgi’s mind was a mess. Did she just say what she thinks she said? Has she finally lost her mind? Has the stress and lack of actual sleep finally caught up to her that she’s hearing things? There’s no way she meant that, there’s no way Juhyun actually meant that. She was asleep she’s not thinking right? Cupping her face she sighed before rubbing her eyes and turning towards her kitchen. Maybe she was just hearing things, Seulgi splashed some cold water onto her face staring at the water fall into the drain. She wasn’t going to get ahead of herself and get hurt again. It was probably a mistake. Grabbing her phone she sent Seungwan a quick message asking if she was free later tonight to talk. Stuffing her phone into her back pocket Seulgi took a deep breath and walked back into the guest room calling for Kai. 

 

“Come on boy we’re going on a walk.” She said loud enough to get his attention and not wake up Juhyun. Quickly enough his harness was on and they were out the door. A quick jog would do they both good. Meanwhile Juhyun was being to wake up. Drowsy and barely aware of anything around her she unconsciously caressed her large stomach. Her other hand patted around her to find Kai’s furry head. 

 

“Kai?” She called out still searching for him, usually by now he would shift or nuzzle her hand but nothing happened. Immediately her eyes flew opened and she shifted her weight to look around the room. Kai was nowhere in the room to be seen and her door was slightly opened. Maybe he had left at some point but how did he close the door? Had Seulgi come home early? Juhyun was sure she would have heard the front door at least. Panic was starting to bubble in her chest. Slowly and carefully she stood from her bed and walk towards the door. Calling out Kai’s name as she stood in the quiet doorway. Hoping for the patter of paws that she found so cute instead she received silence in return. She couldn’t breathe and her anxiety was eating her alive. Trying her best to not let it overwhelm her for the sake of the baby she took careful steps towards the living room. Juhyun had no idea where Kai was and the idea of some random person being in here was getting to her. What if he was dog napped?! Finally it hit her all too hard, spotting Seulgi’s work cell she grabbed it and called the owner herself. It wasn’t long until she picked up. 

 

“Hello? Juhyun? Good morning is everything okay?” Seulgi answered. 

 

“No nothing is okay Seulgi. Please come home I don’t know what to do.” Juhyun said in a shaky voice doing whatever she could to not breakdown. At least not while she was talking to Seulgi. Immediately the artist nodded and told her she was on her way. The run she had planned for her and Kai was cut short, her body reacted on its own to Juhyun’s desperation. Jogging her way back home she couldn’t think of anything else but Juhyun. Kai matched his pace with hers as they neared the house. Was she okay? Is someone in the house with her? Is the baby okay? The closer she was the more anxiety continued to build up in her chest. Seulgi didn’t even realize she was inside until she saw Juhyun crying and running towards her. Wrapping her arms so tight around her torso almost losing her balance Seulgi yelped in surprise. The bubbling anxiety in her chest was finally calming itself but confusion was slowly replacing it.

 

“What’s wrong? Are you okay? Are you and the baby okay?” Seulgi immediately questioned pulling away gently checking her head to toe. Refusing to look up at the taller woman Juhyun stuffed her face into her chest. Whimpering and trembling against her body Juhyun nodded her head.

 

“Juhyun?”

 

Softly cupping her face to look up at her Seulgi almost passed out from it. Juhyun’s pale cheeks were flushed red and her lips were pouted and quivering. She could just lean in and kiss her but she can’t. Juhyun’s eyes were glossy from her tears and her nose was running slightly. Blinking away the tears that were building up Juhyun cleared . 

 

“I-I thought Kai was missing... I woke up alone and I couldn’t find him Seulgi! I was panicking I thought I lost your d-dog!” She cried out burying her  face into her hands. The pitter patter of Kai’s paws made their way over to her as if to check what the commotion was about. Shoving his body in between them he just ke

Please log in to read the full chapter