Oh? Awkward

A Helping Hand
Please log in to read the full chapter

Silence was always a treasure to her, rarely had she been able to enjoy it. In the past, silence was such a rare concept but she appreciated it here and there. It wasn’t something she longed for. The nights were she would lay her head down on her lover’s chest and feel a hand caress her back and arms. The occasional hum and sigh, it was what she needed. As rare as it was she didn’t necessarily need it. She lived a happy life full of smiles and laughter. There was never a dull moment. Juhyun desperately craved for those days, for the happiness she had. 

“I never loved him. I can’t stand to even look at him or say his name” She said in the smallest voice only looking momentarily into Seulgi’s eyes. Smiling sadly Juhyun put some distance between each other. Seulgi was just staring at her with wide eyes and parted lips. The artist couldn’t believe what she was hearing it can’t be true can it? She had spent years trying to understand why the older woman had left her suddenly with no real explanation. 

“W-What?” Was all Seulgi managed to stutter out. Juhyun refused to meet her gaze this time sighing deeply as she rubbed her belly gently. 

“I will never love him. My mother forced me into this arranged engagement. She wanted me to marry a man and have children but I didn’t. I wanted to marry you and have a family with you...” She said with tears streaming down her pale cheeks. Looking down at the hand the larger hand resting on her own memories filled her mind. Seulgi stared at her never looking away. 

“Then why didn’t you stay..?” Finally finding the ability to form sentences again the monolid woman shift closer to her. Juhyun cleared and wiped away her tears. 

“She said that I should do it for my father that he didn’t have very much time left. But she lied, it wasn’t what he wanted. He told me a few months ago that he has much longer than my mother exaggerated about. As long as he took better care of himself. But he told me he wanted me to happy regardless of who it was with. He wanted me to be with you.”  She said sobbing into her hands. Seulgi finally reacted pulling her into her arms. Cooing sweet nothings while hair in hopes to calming her down. They stayed like that for a while until her cries stopped and Kai started poking his head between them to separate them. at the saltiness on her face bringing a smile to Juhyun’s face. 

“He’s a bad man Seulgi I don’t want to go back to him. The things he’s done to me. He doesn’t even love me to begin with. I’m just some trophy to him to show off to the world.” She sighed relaxing back into Seulgi’s arms. She might be pushing the boundaries at the moment but she didn’t care. Seulgi wasn’t reacting to her she just simply let her do as she pleased. Her brow was furrowed and her expression looked like she was trying to solve an intense math equation. 

“You’re not going back to him. I’ll keep you safe for how ever long you need to me Juhyun.” Seulgi smiled softly at her. With that their night ended she ended falling asleep next to the pregnant woman with Kai wedged between them. It had been the most interaction they have had in a long time. 

~*~
An alarm echoed throughout the house early enough to make anyone angry at the world. Seulgi groaned as she swatted at the blaring alarm only to turn back around cuddle closer the pillow next to her. The heat and softness was wonderful to hold on to until she realized something. Her pillows didn’t heat up. Slowly opening her eyes she saw a peaceful Juhyun sleeping still. Usually Seul

Please log in to read the full chapter